Chapter 3

My Happiness Is You

 

“It must be awkward for them since it’s already 10 years after your family moves to Australia.” You dad walked and stand next to Uncle Lee.

“Awkward huh? Let’s see if they still have that ‘awkward’ feeling after this.”  Uncle Lee smirked mischievously to your dad.

Your dad patted his shoulder. “Why don’t we have lunch together? I’m sure the foods are ready.” Your dad walked your guest to the dining table and you followed them behind.

All of you find yourself a seat around the dining table. You happened to seat next to your dad and Uncle Lee on the other side with Minhyuk.

“Where’s Hyomin?” Uncle Lee suddenly asked your dad.

You looked at your dad. “She’s at her friend’s house. She’ll come home later.” You answered on his behalf.

“Ahh.. Cheongmal. I bet she also grown up and become pretty as well, just like you.” He turned to you making you smiled shyly at him.

During this time you can see your dad and Uncle Lee having a good time chatting with each other. You happy saw him this way rather than last night. As you tried to remember that incident someone in front of you can’t keep his eyes of you. You feel someone staring at you and when you looked up you can see Minhyuk smiled at you and you smiled back at him. They talk about everything from the personal stuff until business matter.

“Aryoung-ah, how’s your life?” Uncle Lee asked.

“Good. I just got enrolled into Seoul University.” You answered him.

“Jinjja? Good. You must be making a lot of friend don’t you?” He wanted to know.

“Mmm.. there’s few friend that I’m closed with.”

“What about ‘special’ boy friend? Do you have any?” He asked and shoved the food inside his mouth. You turned at your dad. You can see him smiling but he’s not looking at you.

“Mmm.. ‘special’ boy friend?” You asked pretend like you don’t know what he asked.

You dad clear his throat. “I don’t think she has any ‘special’ boy friend because as far as I remember the only guy friend that she had is only Minhyuk and that for the past 10 years ago.” Uncle Lee and Minhyuk chuckled when they hear your dad statement making you feel embarrassed.

“I do have a boy friend but not many. That’s all.” You tried to fix your dad statement and at the same time you can feel your face begin to feel hot.

“How about you Minhyuk?” Your dad asked. You’re not looking at him but you still waiting for his answer.

“This guy? He even has his own fanclub in Australia.” Uncle Lee boasted.

“Well with that handsome face, there’s nothing we could do about it. For sure girls will chase him.” You dad added. After that you just listened at them talking. Once in a while you sneakily looked at the front a.k.a Minhyuk. When you almost got busted you quickly turn away and looking at somewhere else.

Uncle Lee leaned closer to your dad and whispered something. “These two still got awkward with each other. I think we need to do something since they’re going to..”

“Ah, about that…” Your dad cut him and he looked at you. “Aryoung-ah, why don’t you bring Minhyuk somewhere around the town since he’s just returned to Korea.” Your dad suggested so he can talk abput that matter with Uncle Lee. You turned to Minhyuk and he also turned to you. Hmm where should I bring him?

“Ah if I’m not mistaken Minhyuk want to buy something. Didn’t you Minhyuk?” Uncle Lee asked him.

“Yes. I think I want to buy new clothes. Maybe you can bring me to the shopping mall?” Minhyuk said to you.

“Sure Oppa.”

“Great! Now go! Shuhhh.. !” Uncle Lee quickly pushed both of you to the door. As both of you leave, he went inside and sit on the couch next to your dad.

“About that….” Your father started to talk.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

You still can’t avoid the awkward atmosphere between you and him. Even though he just returned to Korea but he insisted to drive the car and you at the other side have to show him the way to the shopping mall. Along the road, both of you didn’t talk that much just listening to the radio. After parking the car, both of you make your way inside the mall. Both of you walked side by side.

“Mmm..still awkward huh?” He suddenly breaks the silent.

“A bit then..” You gave him a smile.

“Well since you’re studying at Seoul University, what’s your major?” He asked.

“Business.” You answered him short.

“Business? I thought you like art?” He curious.

“I always like art but someday I still need to help my dad at his company so better get prepared.” You explained. “How about you?”

“Me? I will start working at my dad company next week.” He told you.

“So I guess that’s why you want to buy new clothes huh?”

He nodded. “You can say so.”

From a far, someone is watching you and Minhyuk.

Isn’t that Aryoung? Who is the guy next to her? She started followed you and Minhyuk into a store. What a handsome guy. Should I greet them? Slowly she walked to you.

“This one look nice. It’s daddy favorite color.” You said as you pick up a blue shirt. Minhyuk in the other hand also searched the clothes through the racks.

“Aryoung-ah.” She called you making you turned to her.

You put down the clothes.“Unnie.”

“What are you doing here? And who’s that guy with you?” She said looking at Minhyuk.

“Minhyuk Oppa. You still remember him don’t you?”

“Minhyuk Oppa? You mean Lee Minhyuk? The one who left Korea and stay in Australia? That Minhyuk?” Hyomin throw questions at you. You nodded at her before she run to Minhyuk.

“Minhyuk Oppa!!” She hugged him.

Minhyuk who seem puzzled with her appearance sudden hugged slowly parted away. “Mmm.. Did I know you?”

“It’s me! Hyomin!” She slightly jumped in excited.

“Hyomin?” He looked at you. You mouthed at him ‘that’s Hyomin unnie!’

“Ah. Hyomin-ah” He said as he begins to recognize her.

“Oppa! I miss you so much!!” She said linking arm with him. Somehow you feel uneasy looking at the scene in front of you.

“I miss you too, Hyomin-ah.” He replied. Then she quickly pulled him outside and you quickly followed them. You’re walked few steps behind them. You bit your lower lips when you see Hyomin still linking her arms with him. What’s this feeling inside me?

You slightly let out sigh. Suddenly he turned his head at you and stepped slowly so you could walk behind him. But you still walk behind him even you’re only an inch apart from him. You’re so busy looking at the pass store when suddenly you can feel someone grasped your hand. You looked at that hand and it is belong to Minhyuk. You can feel the butterflies in your stomach start to fill in. You tried to pull away but he grasped your hand too tight so you just let him hold it. He turned back and glances at your ‘surrender’ face and smiled before turn back to the front.  Hyomin noticed he hold your hand quickly turned around and stand in front him. She pulled his hand (the one he hold yours) with the other hand together, making he let go of your hand and holds them both in her. She managed to shoot you a glare and you look down at the floor.

“Oppa! I’m hungry!” She whined cutely at him and sways their hand together.

“You want to eat something?” Minhyuk asked her. She nodded. “Hmm.. let’s go to that store and eat.” As you want to move..

“Hyomin?” Suddenly someone called her making all three of you turned to the owner of the voice.

! What the hell L Oppa doing here? “Ah, Oppa.” She smiled reluctantly at him.

Why is she holding her hand with this guy? Who is he? Knowing L thought, Hyomin introduced Minhyuk to him. “This is Minhyuk Oppa, my childhood friend and this is L, Myungsoo Oppa.” She said tried to hide their relationship.

“Ah.. Kim Myungsoo imnida.” He greeted Minhyuk.

“Lee Minhyuk imnida.” He greeted back.

“Ah annyeong Aryoung-ah.” He called your name when he saw you standing behind them.

“Annyeong Oppa.” You smiled at him. “What a coincidence.”

“Yeah. Just come here to buy something. Mm..I think I got to go now. Have fun guys!” He said as and before he leave he give Hyomin ‘you have to explain this later’ face to her. Then three of you walked inside the restaurant and seated yourself at the end of the room. Hyomin sit behind Minhyuk and you sit in front of him.

“You look close with him.” Suddenly he asked you.

“Of course they close Oppa. He is Aryoung friend.” Hyomin lied. You widen your eyes at her, couldn’t believe she said that.

“Jinjja?” Minhyuk looked at you. You didn’t know how to answer him.

“I think I want to go to ladies first.” You said as you stand up and walked to the ladies.

Why is unnie lying to him? Me and L Oppa know each other? We’re just meet this morning and since when we’re friend?

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Meanwhile at your home..

“So you have decided this way huh?” Uncle Lee asked your dad.

“Yeah. I think its better this way. At least I got to do something for Hyomin.” Your dad sighed.

“How about Aryoung? I always thought of having her as my daughter in law.” Uncle Lee voiced out.

You dad looked at him and smiled. “You always like her since she’s still kid don’t you?”

“I will always love that girl. She had the prettiest smile ever and you can release stress by just looking at her smile. “He compliments you. “But what to do since you already make you decision.”

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The waiter come and gets the order. Since you’re not there, Hyomin help you to order your food. She turned to Minhyuk when she saw him staring out in the air. “You can’t believe they are friend don’t you?” Hyomin asked him.

“I don’t know. It didn’t seem like they are friend or something.” He said to her.

“Actually, they are best friend but few days ago L Oppa has confessed to Aryoung that he like her. Aryoung is a bit shocked with that sudden confession from him but she couldn’t accept him. So that’s why they look a bit awkward with each other. But I think Aryoung like him too. It just she didn’t brave enough to tell him her feeling maybe afraid of getting hurt.” She explained a.k.a another lie from Hyomin.

“Why she need to be afraid?” Minhyuk voiced out his opinion.

“Well, Aryoung just afraid she will lose focused on her study and disappoint our dad.”Hyomin said as she studied Minhyuk face. Hopefully he’ll believe that!

So, she already has someone in her heart. The waiter come and serves the food on the table.

“Oppa, I think I also want to go to ladies.”

“Okay.”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hyomin walked to the ladies and as soon as she gets inside she quickly looked for you. You’re washing your hand when you noticed Hyomin at the door.

“Unnie?” You called her.

She quickly walked to you and grabbed your hand. “If Minhyuk Oppa asks anything about L Oppa, just admit to him that he is your best friend and I didn’t related with him at all arasso!”

You puzzled with Hyomin request. “But why?”

“Just do what I say, will you!!” She half shouted at you.

“I just know him this morning. And he is your boyfriend. Why do we need to lie about this to Minhyuk Oppa!” You argued.

She took a deep breath at look deeply your eyes. “Because I don’t want Minhyuk Oppa to know about our relationship. That’s why. And another thing, I also told him that L Oppa has confessed to you but you didn’t accept him.”

“Why would you do that!!”

“Can’t you just pretend to be his best friend? Anyway, you won’t be meeting L Oppa. Just one lie, it won’t hurt.” She tried to convince you. “Jaebal?”

You looked at her desperate face.“Arasso.” You just reluctantly agree because you didn’t want to fight with her.

“Gomawo!” She smiled happily. Then both of you walked to your table. You still couldn’t believe what just happened and quietly ate your food. Then three of you continued shopping before returned home.  

In the car, Hyomin sit at the front next to Minhyuk. You in the other hand sit at the back behind Minhyuk. You really didn’t have the mood to talk. The car is full of Hyomin voice chatting with Minhyuk. You just ignored them and staring outside the window. All of a sudden you can feel someone is staring at you. You turned and looked at the front. That’s when you can see Minhyuk staring at you through the front mirror. You look uncomfortably at him before turned and staring back outside the window.

What’s wrong with her? She stays quiet since we’re at the restaurant. Is something happened?

When you arrive at your home, you quickly ducked out from the car, thanked Minhyuk for drove you home and walked inside leaving Hyomin and Minhyuk at the car. You’re really not in the mood to talk to anyone at this time, so you just get inside your room and lay back on your bed and fall asleep.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading guys!!

I really appreciate it if you can comments/subscribe this story! XD

~LOTS OF LOVE~