chapter six.

Pandora

 LEE SEUNG GI - RETURN


The days were getting closer to Chuesok day, and families crowded the supermarkets. While students were getting ready for the next week of no school, finishing up their assignments and projects that would be due by the end of Friday. Minyoung finally came back to school after sorting out her new life by herself. She had a working permit that she gave the school, and since her loft was closer to school, she's always come few minutes later than usual. She had two shifts at the bread store. One during lunch, and another after school.

Meanwhile, Sehun had been avoiding his friends a tad. He stopped hanging out with his friends on weekends, and stayed mostly at home with his grandmother. But whenever Minyoung went to the bread store to work after school, Sehun would follow her and stay there until her shift was over, and walk her home. His friends didn't know about he and Minyoung, just Suho and his grandmother knew. Sehun didn't know why, but, he really cared for Minyoung. Even though Minyoung rarely spoke to him, he didn't mind. He just wanted to be by her side to help her out. She was kicked out, and treated like trash. Sehun wanted to make her life a tad easier for her, he tried being the protective brother that everyone has wished for. And he wasn't going to give up. But his friends did started getting suspicious about Sehun.

Sehun sighed as he closed his locker, he jumped back when he found his friends standing around him, arms crossed. "Sehun, where are you going?" Kai asked.
Sehun looked at his friends. "Home?"
"You said you were going home yesterday and we came to visit. Your grandmother said that you didn't come home after school," Chanyeol said, eyeing Sehun.
"If you're going home today... Then... CAN WE COME OVER? I miss your grandmother's cooking, and tomorrow's Chuseok anyway," Baekhyun said, grinning.
"Uh, sorry. My grandmother's going back to our hometown," Sehun said and glanced at Suho.

"Dang it. Well, it looks like we're staying at your place, Kyungsoo," Chanyeol said.
"Oh, hell no. Last time you guys came over, I got grounded for the whole sophomore year," D.O said.
The bell rang, indicating that school was over. "I got to go. See you guys later," Sehun said and rushed out of the school.
"I'm in the mood to follow him," Kai said.
Suho shook his head and chuckled. "Really guys? Do you not believe Sehun?"
"Nope." "Never did." "Not at all," the boys replied.
Suho grinned. "How about I follow him, since I live next to him. And I'll tell you guys where he goes."
"Good enough. NOW LEAVE BEFORE HE GETS FAR," D.O said and pushed Suho out of the school.

Sehun crossed the street and rushed towards the bread store. He glanced inside, and found Minyoung behind the counter, taking orders for a customer. Sehun grinned, but didn't walk inside, instead he ran to the corner that Suho was hiding in. "Hyung!"
Suho's eyes slightly widen. "Sehun-"
"I need your help!" Sehun said and grabbed Suho's arm pulling him to their neighborhood.

Sehun opened the door to his house and dragged Suho into the kitchen. Suho glanced around. "Wow, so your grandmother really is gone," he commented.
"Yep. Now help me. You know how to cook right?" Sehun asked, grabbing bowls and plates and pans from the cabinets.
"Uh, if you're asking about Chuseok traditional meals, then yes," Suho answered.
"Great. Then help me make them," Sehun said.
Suho blinked as Sehun hurried him. "Sehun what's going on?"

Sehun sighed and looked at his hyung. "It's Chuseok tomorrow and I want to make Minyoung something."
"Why?" Suho asked as he walked to the fridge.
"I don't think she's ever gotten a traditional meal on Chuseok. Actually, I don't think she has eaten any Korean meals. Just ramen and pizza."
"That's all she ate?" his hyung asked as he pulled out the vegetables from the fridge.
"That's what Hyunchan told me. They usually ate those while their parents gave Jaesun and themselves a luxurious meal. Hey, after we're finished with this, can you come over tomorrow and let Hyunchan have some too?"
"Where will you be?"
"I'll be with Minyoung."

Suho looked at the young boy. "Sehun, perhaps, you like Minyoung?"
Sehun paused. "What? Oh. No no... I don't. I just... Care about her..."
"Since when?"
Sehun glanced at the ground. "Ever since I saw how her parents treated her. Actually, ever since I saw how she was being treated in freshman year." 
Suho narrowed his eyes. "But, what if you did like her?"
"Psh, I can't even get her to talk to me. How can I?" Sehun took the vegetables from Suho. "Do you know how to make cookies too?" Sehun asked.

Minyoung sighed and wiped away a bead of sweat from her forehead with her sleeve. It was a busy night on Chuseok night. And it seemed like most of the customers wanted to go out and eat besides sitting in their house and eating traditional meals. By the end of the day, Minyoung was the first to leave. She wanted to go home and to at least get a decent meal. Once she got home, she immediately went to the kitchen and instantly made herself some ramen. Minyoung put her bowl of ramen on her table. And just when she was about to eat her ramen, the doorbell rang. Sighing, she stood back up and opened the door, revealing a smiling Sehun. She was just about to shut the door on him, but then Sehun stopped her from closing the door, wedging his foot between the doorway and the door itself. He poked his head inside. "It's Chuseok day. And you're by yourself?" he questioned. Minyoung didn't answer. Sehun smiled. "Still not talking to me I see. It's okay. I'm used to that."

Minyoung looked at him. "What are you doing here? I told you not to come back."
"Well, I only came because, you're a girl with no one to be with. I, as a good person, decided to come and celebrate Chuseok with you," Sehun said.
"No thank you," she said and tried to shut the door, but Sehun's hand was in the way.
Minyoung looked up, seeing Sehun's face turned straight and serious. She sighed and opened the door wide, stepping aside so Sehun could come inside. This action made Sehun grin and walk into her kitchen with the bag of food in hand. He found the bowl of ramen on the table and frowned, turning to Minyoung. "Seriously? Ramen? Don't you get tired of that?"he questioned. Minyoung shook her head. Sehun took the bowl of ramen and started to fill his mouth with the ramen. Minyoung shot a glare at him. "Wait a few. I'll give you some real food," he said with his mouth full. He set the empty bowl in the sink and took out plates of food out of the bag. "I made these specially for you. And I got some help from Suho hyung. I made you songpyeon, japchae, and buligogi. I'm not a good cook myself, so, I'm okay if you spit it out and throw these away," Sehun said, smiling as he rubbed the back of his neck. Minyoung looked at all of the food that was laid out on the table.

After finishing the course, Sehun pulled out a box of cookies. "These, I made myself. Took me almost all night to make them perfect. I kept getting them overcooked, or, out of shape and all that. But I finally got it right," he said, smiling proudly. Minyoung looked at Sehun, then the cookies. They were all in perfect circles, with all kinds of colored frostings. Every 3 cookies were in a clear bag that was neatly tied with a ribbon. "But right now you must be full. So, you can eat these later on," he said, closing the box. He looked at Minyoung, "I suppose you've never ate a meal like this?" Minyoung looked at her clasped hands and shook her head. Sehun smiled. "Oh, can I stay over a bit? My grandmother's back at my hometown... Visiting my parents and grandfather."

Minyoung glanced at Sehun, but not directly at him. Sehun looked at her and smiled. "My parents and grandfather died in a car crash on Christmas night about.. A few years ago.. When I was 11. It was a snowstorm on that night, and... I think it was so heavy that they didn't see the icy road. Their car slid and I'm guessing the car crashed into something." Sehun shook his head. "I actually found out about that 2 years later. My grandmother told me that my parents let me stay with her for those 2 years, and my grandfather was with them." Sehun sighed, but smiled at Minyoung. "But I'm still okay with it. I accepted the fact that they died," he said. "And my life is still good..." *But not great.*

Hours had passed since they had had dinner. Sehun was sitting on the couch, watching the sports on the sports channel. He sighed as he glanced at the clock. *10 PM... I should probably go home.* Sehun stood up and glanced at Minyoung who was sitting at her desk. Her head was down, but he couldn't see her face. Curious, Sehun walked towards her and found her sound asleep on her text book. Sehun let out a soft chuckle as he looked at her. He took the pen that was in her hand and set it aside, then gently took of her reading glasses, making sure he wouldn't wake her up. She seemed like she was in a deep sleep, there was no way she could wake up. Sehun smiled. *Finally she got some sleep. Huh, must be really tired from the stress and work. Sehun gently made her sit straightly and his arms went under her back and knees. He effortlessly carried her to her bed. 

Sehun sighed as he stood up straightly. He slipped off his jacket and draped it over her. *Just so that you'll be more warm...* He pulled the blankets over his jacket that was on top of her. He smiled and brushed her short bangs away from her closed eyes and lightly patted her head. *Sleep tight, Minyoung.* Without another glance, he left her place.


How has this story been? ouo I'm trying something different to this story, so if it seems a tad fast to you, it's just me trying to change things up a bit. ^-^ Hope you guys had a wonderful Thanksgiving day. Don't get hurt if you're out shopping! I just went this morning at 5 AM. orz So tired. But I had like 2 cups of coffee!
Is there anyone that's obsessed with Seung Gi's Return? I know I am.