chapter thirty seven.

Pandora

 VIXX - I DON'T WANT TO BE AN IDOL


Minyoung sighed as she looked at her book. She was left alone in the classroom after school had ended, and the students made their way towards the cafeteria for an important meeting. Even though her book was open, she could never focus on her studies. Today was the day of the Sports Festival at Center high, but she just had the feeling to not go. She propped her chin on the palm of her left hand and looked out the window. There were sudden shouts and cheering from down the hallway. All of the students rushed out of the cafeteria, for once, with their school spirit. Kwangsun ran inside the classroom and towards Minyoung. "Minyoung, c'mon! You have to come to our game. We're going to beat these losers and once again, bring home victory!" he said, grabbing Minyoung's bag, pulling her out of the classroom.

Kwangsun and Minyoung were the first to get on the bus, and Minyoung looked around. "Where's Ilsung?" she asked.
Kwangsun looked at Minyoung, blinking a few times, trying to remember where he was. "Oh! He's on the team, and already at the game. We'll see him in a bit," he said smiling, as the other students got onto the bus. Once the last of them sat down, the door shut, and the bus started to move.
"Aren't you on the team? Ilsung said that the whole student council was in it..." Minyoung said.
Kwangsun shrugged. "I would have joined, but sports isn't really my specialty," he admitted. Minyoung sighed and sat back in her seat.

The bus ride was at least ten minutes long, and at last, it stopped in front of a school in a somewhat good and bad condition. Minyoung suddenly had a familiar feeling as the bus approached the school. She didn't recognize it at first, but then she realized where she was, and what school Eastern was competing against. Center high.

Sehun took a deep breath as he jogged in place, cracked his neck and took a big gulp of water. He looked at his teammates, who were utterly nervous about the game. Every single year at Center high, Eastern would be the one to take the trophy home. This time, Sehun was not going to let that happen. He was going to let Center high finally win and earn something for once, and he will be able to do it if there was someone by his side, if Minyoung was by his side. If he found her sitting in the bleachers, looking for him, he would have the energy to bring the school to victory. Sehun sighed as the couch patted his back. "Bring us to victory this time, cap," he said, grinning, but in his eyes, he was serious. Sehun gulped his last drip of water as he looked at his teammates who stood around in a circle. Nodding, he put his hand out, and one by one, all their hands came together. Sehun grinned at his team before breaking away and running to the gym where the school was proudly cheering.

Sehun jogged out to the gym, and as he did, he looked around looking for his good luck charm. *Where are you Minyoung?* "Sehun!" the couch called out. Sehun sighed and rushed towards his huddled team. When the plan was told, the team broke apart, and Sehun ran out onto the court with his team. He stood in the middle, waiting for the other team to walk up. He glanced at them all. They all seemed too relaxed about the game, not even a tad nervous. *We're going to beat them.* He stretched out his arms before getting into his position. Looking up, he found Ilsung in front of him, in the same position as he was in. Ilsung smirked at Sehun, but it wasn't mean, nor nice. Sehun's jaw tighten as he took a deep breath, and got into his ready position. In the corner of his eye, he found a familiar figure in the bleachers. Sehun turned his head and looked at the crowd. His world brighten up, and he was now full of energy. He grinned. *Minyoung, you actually came...* The referee came towards the court with a ball in hand, and Sehun turned his head back, facing his real opponent, Ilsung and Eastern high. He found himself smirking back at Ilsung. *We'll beat you for sure.* The referee blew his whistle, and threw the ball in the air. Ilsung and Sehun both jumped up, one of them was capable of hitting it towards their goal.

The buzzer rang, the game ended, and the scores were being looked over. The students crossed their fingers, hoping that their team would win, and the other would lose. Minyoung looked at the ground as she felt the glares from a group of Center high students shoot right through her. They all muttered to each other, "I thought she was dead," "She's back," "What happened to her?" The question that shocked everyone was, "Why is she in Eastern high clothing?" Minyoung nibbled on her lower lip, grabbing her bag and walked off the bleachers and towards the exit. There was a wild cheering, and popcorn was being thrown on to the court, but she didn't bother to hear who had won the game. As she walked towards the door, she found the Eastern high students sadly walking out of the gym.

A hand suddenly pulled her back inside the gym, and it was someone Minyoung hated. "Long time no see, Minyoung," she heard Hyerin's high-pitched nasal voice say. She cringed as she spoke to her. "Why are you here?" she asked. "In Eastern high clothing?" Minyoung looked at the ground, not wanting to answer her. "I guess you transferred to Eastern huh?" she questioned, purposely asking in a high volume, making the students suddenly go silent, and Eastern high stop walking and looked at Minyoung. "Have you noticed that without you, our school finally won? Before you even went to Eastern, they were the ones that always won. Sigh~ I guess you're just a bad luck charm." Minyoung suddenly felt glares behind her, all coming from Eastern. She looked at the ground, not knowing to feel ashamed or confused, but she knew that she no longer felt confident or brave.
Hyunchan instantly ran towards Minyoung. "Noona!"
"Beat it freshie, unless you want to get in the same situation as your sister," Hyerin snapped.

Minyoung's wrist was suddenly pulled back, and she was standing behind a tall male that wore Center high uniform. "Hyerin, stop now." Minyoung looked up from the male's familiar deep voice. She looked around, finding everyone's attention on them.
"Jaesun oppa, what are you doing?" Hyerin questioned.
Jaesun pressed his lips into a straight line. "Something I should have done a long time ago." His next sentence shocked the whole school, "Protect my siblings."


Another short update. :D
I heard you guys wanted a clue to the ending?
Hint: Dream.
That's all I'm giving. You guys will find out what will happen later on. :D
I might update again tonight.