chapter thirty.

Pandora

 JYP - FALLING


Another week had passed, and things had continued normally for both Sehun and Minyoung. Minyoung studied at a normal rate, but not too much that would get her into her stress mode again. Sehun continued to go to practice for the Sports Festival. He had promised that he'd be with Minyoung, and he was keeping his promise. No matter how late he came out of practice, midnight or not, he would come and visit Minyoung. She was his energy recharger. Without her, he would be weak. Minyoung would share smiles with him, only small enough that only he would notice, and no one else. Back at Minyoung's home, the two start becoming closer, and Sehun realizes a sudden good change. Her smiles appeared on her innocent face more than usual, she toned down her studying a little to the point where she was able to have no stress, but still managed to pass school. It was as if her own world had brighten up, with Sehun's presence. They had both been out of the house more often on weekends, often went out to the bread store of work hours, enough to the point that the employees thought the two were dating. They flirted with each other, without noticing. 

Sehun becomes more overprotective about Minyoung. Now that the two didn't go to the same school, he could protect her at all times. Sure Eastern was a fine school, and no fights happened, but he couldn't help, but think that Ilsung would steal Minyoung away. Something about Ilsung made Sehun uneasy. He was a mysterious guy, but yet he was the school president. The guy always smiled, but they meant nothing, no feeling was put into his smiles. He always busied himself with school paperwork, and student council, but he always excused himself to speak to Minyoung. Minyoung had no interest in him. But if she could state one thing she would be interested in, was Ilsung's life. She had a feeling that his life was a tad similar to her, but every time she looked at him in the eye, it was empty.

Minyoung sighed as she stepped out of study hall with her bag on her back. Looking over to the side, on the end of the hallway, she found Ilsung with another girl. He did the same thing that he did to the last girl, ignored, sighed, and ignored, then reject. Minyoung shook her head and headed down the stairs to the school lobby. *That's got to be the fifth girl that gotten rejected by him this week.* She stopped and looked through her bag for her new phone that Sehun had gotten her before heading towards the school doors. When she found her phone she took it out, and looked up. She slightly jumped back, seeing Ilsung in front of her. The boy was like a vampire. Wherever she was at, he'd be right in front of her in a blink of an eye. She wondered why he was always following her around like a puppy. "Sunbae," she said, and bowed. It was the only polite thing to do to the school president.

"No need for that..." he said. "I hate it when people do that." Minyoung looked at him and nodded. She glanced out the windows, seeing that it was dark out already, but Sehun wouldn't be done with practice until around ten to eleven o'clock.
She looked back at Ilsung, "Is there anything you need?" she asked.
"Can you rest of the day with me?" he asked.
Minyoung was taken aback, "Pardon?"

Ilsung sighed as he looked in the night sky full of stars. His banana milk in hand with a straw. He and Minyoung sat down at the pier of Han River, their legs swinging at the edge of the pier. Minyoung took a sip of her banana milk and looked at the school president beside her. "Why'd you bring me here?" she asked as she looked at the city before her.
Ilsung shrugged. "I just wanted to talk," he said.
"But why me?" she asked.

Ilsung looked at her. "Excuse me?"
"Why would you want to talk to me?" she asked. "You're just like..." She paused.
"Just like what?"
She shook her head, "Nothing..."

Ilsung sighed. "I heard that you're always receiving bad treatment back at Center High."
Minyoung shrugged, "So?"
"That's the reason that your principal sent you here. Have you ever thought of trying to change to make that all go away?" he asked as he played with the straw in his banana milk.

"Oh, gee, if I would have thought of that, I wouldn't have come here," she said with sarcasm. She heaved a sigh. "That wasn't the only thing that caused me to leave... It was mostly stress, family."
Ilsung turned his attention back to Minyoung. Stress and family were the two words that caught his attention. He sat up straightly and said, "Mind explaining?" Minyoung sighed and explained to him everything about her family, to Jaesun, to school. The only thing she left out was Sehun. Ilsung stayed quiet the whole time, the same feeling that you'd get if you confessed to him and he ignored you like the other girls that confessed to him. But he listened closely, combining her life to his. *So... Similar.* "What about that guy that comes to see you everyday?" he asked.

Minyoung looked at Ilsung. "Sehun?" she questioned, and he nodded. She stayed silent for a while. "He's my... Friend," she choked out the word friend,  but she meant it. 
"He seems more than just a friend," he said.
Minyoung shrugged casually, "He's just someone that's been there for me ever since I got kicked out of my family, and I've been there for him," she explained. She lets out a heavy exhale. "Anyway, why would you ask me that?" she asked.
Ilsung looked at her and said, "You're just... Interesting," he said with a shy grin. He suddenly stood up. "It's getting late, and I haven't had dinner, do you want to come?" he asked. Minyoung looked at him and blinked.

"One plate of dukbokki and two sodas, please ahjumma," Ilsung said as he led Minyoung to a table. He pulled out a seat for Minyoung and pushed in the chair when she sat down. Minyoung glanced at Ilsung who was reading an email from student council on his phone. She sighed. *He may be a tad scary and strict towards students, but he's truthfully a gentlemen.*

The ahjumma came to the two with a plate of dukbokki, and two cans of Coca-Cola. "Ilsung, it's nice to see you here again, but who is this?" she asked as she smiled at Minyoung.
Ilsung smiled and said, "Just a classmate," he simply answered and took a sip of his soda.
"What are you both doing out here at this hour? Perhaps on a date?"
Ilsung choked on his soda and coughed as the ahjumma looked at him, confused and patted his back. "We're just classmates, nothing more," he said as he tried to breathe.

The ahjumma sighed and pouted, "That's too bad. A girl as pretty as you would be with Ilsung, he's rejected so many that he thought that weren't his exact type," she said to Minyoung before going back to the other customers.
Minyoung glanced at Ilsung, who looked back down at his phone, but hid his now colored face. "You seem close to her..." she commented as she took a small sip of her drink.

Ilsung let out a half laugh, "She's like a mother to me," he commented.
Minyoung looked up at him. "You don't have one?" she asked.
Ilsung glanced to the side, "I guess you could say that..."
"Not even a father?" Ilsung shook his head. "Siblings?" He shook his head again. Minyoung lowered her head. "You're lucky," she mumbled.

Ilsung looked at her and gave her a soft smile. "Not really..." he said. "I honestly don't have anyone in my life... Not like you. You have Sehun..." Minyoung looked at Ilsung. "I started living by myself since middle school. I left my family. No one even liked me in that family so I thought, 'What the hey. They wouldn't even notice that I left. No one would. Maybe their lives would be easier without me in their lives.' The only thing I have in my life is my cat. She's practically the only person I can stand in my life. I don't have a brother like you to be caught up in a competition. But I do have the student council. They're all smart people if you haven't noticed. They all always compete against each other to see who would score highest on tests. I'm the person those guys hate the most. I'm always the person who is ranked in first for getting high scores. But we change during student council meetings. We turn mature, but tests, no..." He paused for a while to take a small piece of dukbokki and ate it, offering Minyoung to eat. "I don't study, but even if I didn't, I'm still stressed. I only study for finals, that's all. But I study for that even before school starts so that explains everything. I've taken blue pills before. I hated them. It's like becoming obsessed with drugs." He sighed and shook his head. "I really don't understand why girls come up to me and confess at least five times a week. It gets so annoying that I start to ignore them and to reject them. The only reason that I ignore them, is because I don't trust girls easily. They go out with you, become bored, cheat, then leave you heartbroken. I'm just waiting for the right person to appear in my life..."

Sehun sighed as he trudged towards Minyoung's apartment. *No matter how much it stings, you're going to meet Minyoung.* "Sehun!" Sehun stopped walking and turned around, finding Minyoung walking towards him. Behind her, he found Ilsung walking away with his hands in his pockets.
He didn't care about Ilsung at the moment, all he cared about was Minyoung. A smile lit upon his face and he said, "Minyounggie~"
Minyoung jogged towards Sehun, finding him slouched down a bit. "Is there something wrong with your leg?" she asked, seeming a bit worried. 

Sehun gave her an assuring smile. "Yeah, just got a little scratch, that's all," he said. "Let's go inside," he said, taking a step forward. As he did, he collapsed, but before he could come in contact with the ground, Minyoung caught him and her arms were around him.
"It doesn't seem like a little scratch to me," she said, giving him a small smile. Sehun looked at her and chuckled.

Minyoung wrapped the bandage around Sehun's knee. There were cotton swabs that were soaked with blood on the table in front of her and Sehun. Sehun watched Minyoung's every move, feeling happier every time her hand came in contact with his skin. "How'd this even happen?" Minyoung asked as she put the medication back into the box.
Sehun smiled, "I was walking here, and I was distracted," he said. *Thinking of you.* 

The two glanced at the clock, finding that it was already past midnight. Minyoung sighed and looked at Sehun, "Do you think you can walk home?" she asked.
Sehun looked at Minyoung and shook his head, taking Minyoung's now warm hand in his. "I think I should stay overnight," he said, chuckling.
"Okay, then I'll get you some blankets and you can sleep out here," she said, smiling and stood up, but Sehun pulled her back down and beside him.

"I don't need blankets to stay warm," he said, in a soothing voice. "I'm already warm..." He wrapped his arms around Minyoung as she rested her head on his chest. "I already have you..." he whispers, as he her hair. He later realizes that Minyoung had already fallen into a deep slumber. Sehun looked at Minyoung's peaceful face and a smile lit on his face. He had been tired from basketball practice, but coming to Minyoung and getting be with her, just made Sehun relaxed as ever. He loved to be around her, and he could bare to be away from her. He gently kissed her forehead and looked at her, finding a smile on her innocent face. *I love your smiles...* Sighing, he happily fell asleep as well.


It's official that this story might be over 40 chapters. <3
Do you guys realize that this is a bit like Dream Boy, but more of a teen version?
More chapters are inspired by
Michelle Phan's Finding My Light. <3