chapter ten.

Pandora

KIM JI SOO - SUNFLOWER


Minyoung opened the door of the bakery store and stepped inside. "Oh, Minyoung," one of the staff said. "Are you here as a customer?" she asked. Minyoung nodded and sat down at a table near the table. "Is there anything you want, Minyoung?"
"The usual," Minyoung said in her soft voice.
The waitress smiled and glanced at the hat on Minyoung's head. "Kya~ You have such a cute hat! Alright, I'll be right back with your coffee~" she said and walked away.

Minyoung took off her hat and looked at it. It was the hat that Sehun had gave her a few days ago. She sighed as she looked out the window. It had been days since she last seen Sehun, which seemed very different. The last time he had been with her, he didn't seem like he was mad a Minyoung or anything. When he left her, he seemed fine. He hasn't even shown up at school ever since. Perhaps, was he trying to ignore Minyoung all of a sudden? Minyoung shook her head and sighed. *Let's just focus on your life. Not your social life.*

Sehun sighed as he walked into his house and fell back on the couch. He had his arm covering his eyes as he sat in the darkness. It has been over a month since his grandmother was still in the hospital. He had spent 3 days in the hospital just to take care of her. Her health was getting worse and worse, and he was getting worried. And not once, has he remembered Minyoung. But his grandmother kept telling him to visit Minyoung, but he'd just refuse and stayed with her at the hospital. He had asked Suho to take all notes in class, since he hasn't been attending school.

The doorbell rang. Sehun got up and walked to the front door, opening it, and found Suho in front of him. "Hey, here are the notes for class," Suho said as he walked inside, handing Sehun the notebook. "How's your grandmother?" he asked.
Sehun sighed. "Worse," he said as he rubbed his head. "Want somethin' to drink?"
Suho sat down on the couch. "Nah. Hey, I heard yelling coming from Jaesun's house when I came here. Is it possible that the family's having another fight."
Sehun shook his head. "There's no way. The only person they hate is Minyoung..." he said, trailing off when he mentioned Minyoung's name.

"You and Minyoung joined the Music Festival right?" Suho asked, scratching the back of his head. Sehun nodded. "Hm, I remember hearing someone play the violin so beautifully when I walked by an empty classroom on the top floor. I think it's from the song that you guys are playing. I always hear them playing in there every time I pass by there. Even when I stayed until midnight for a project, they were still there. Speaking of which, shouldn't you be practicing for the festival too? It's a couple of weeks away, you know. And you haven't been to the rehearsals, also, I heard that Minyoung hasn't gone to rehearsals either."

Sehun sighed and sat back in his seat. "I've been so stressed out these past few days that I've forgotten about it."
"Wow, so stressed out that you even forgot your daily visit to Minyoung?" Suho questioned with a chuckle. "By the way, ever since the guys found out about your relationship with Minyoung, they've been asking me things about you guys a lot. But looking at you, you seemed so stress that I think you don't want to answer them. But I do have one question. Do you feel less stressed when with Minyoung?"
Sehun blinked and glanced at his hyung. "Less stressed when I'm with Minyoung?" he questioned. Suho nodded. "I haven't really noticed..."

Minyoung sighed as she looked at the bandages on the tip of her fingers and flexed her fingers. She took her bow and held her violin on her shoulder, and began playing with an up bow. She slurred notes as written, and tried her best to play as beautifully as she could, but every time she pressed her fingers down on the strings, it was as if her fingers were throbbing. For the past few days, she had been practicing her solo in the Music Festival for so many hours every night. She had played non-stop until the next day; began skipping meals and grew tired easily; skipped the music rehearsals; stopped taking the pills ever since she had meet the doctors. Her fingers had little cuts from her violent, buzzing like vibratos and non-stop playing. But that didn't seem to stop her. Even with the pain and still with bandages, she still didn't stop until she got every note perfect. Her sound echoed in the empty classroom as she played, but she couldn't help but flinch at every note she pressed down.

The door opened and Minyoung's eyes opened and she stopped playing. There Sehun stood, in front of her, a smile on his face. "Why'd you stop? You were playing so beautifully," he said as he went and sat down on a chair, propping his chin on the palm of his hand, watching Minyoung. "Continue," he said with a soft voice. "If it helps, I'll play the piano with you. Since I play a little part with you there." Minyoung didn't say anything. Sehun stood up and grabbed her violin case and backpack, then her hand. "Let's go." He firmly held her hand confidently, and dragged her to a different classroom. He opened the door, and Minyoung found a grand piano in the room. Sehun put down Minyoung's bag and case, and sat down on the piano bench, looking at Minyoung with a smile on his face.

Sehun blew on Minyoung's finger, waiting for the ointment to dissolve. Minyoung slightly flinched, once in a while, making Sehun apologize. Sehun shook his head. "Overworking again, I see." He chuckled. "What have I told you about overworking yourself, young lady?" he questioned as if he was scolding her. He looked at Minyoung once he had finished applying the ointment to her fingers. "So, did you miss your adorable Oh Sehun?" he asked, laughing. "I heard you haven't been to the rehearsals. And you haven't been sleeping lately."
"Who told you?"

"My Sehun-Minyoung intuition. I know everything that happened to you," he said, grinning and winking. He looked at her freshly bandaged fingers. "You never give up do you?" he suddenly said. "Your brother seems to be very competitive. Look at what he's made you do," he said, lightly touching her fingers. Minyoung looked at Sehun. "He's the one that's always making you go through this stress right?" he asked. "Well, he's a jerk for doing that... No brother should be competitive with their own sibling." He looked at Minyoung, seeing the dark circles under her eyes. "He's making you lose so much sleep. You never get any leisure time to yourself. Now, you're by yourself, trying to prove to your parents that you're better than him. Didn't think I knew all that, huh? Well, I am a pretty smart man," he said, tapping his head. "So are you. You're a smart woman." Minyoung looked at him as he grinned.

She looked at her hands and said, "Yes." Sehun blinked at her single word. "I did miss you. But you're not adorable, nor mine."
The corner of Sehun's lips twitched to a smile; he suddenly laughed. "Alright. I'm not adorable, but cute?"
"Adorable and cute are the same."
"True, but, I am right? Or am I handsome?"
"D. None of the above."

Sehun laughed again. He knelt in front of Minyoung and looked at her closely. "Hmm... I wonder what it would be like if you'd smile." He reached up to the corner of her lips and tucked them up, but Minyoung slapped his hands away. Sehun pouted and removed his hands from her. "Aish, fine. Don't smile. But you know what everyone says, 'Sometimes a little smile is the best medicine of all!' So, smile!" he said. Minyoung's face stayed emotionless. "Okay, don't. But, we'll keep waiting for that smile," he said, grinning.


Okay fine guys. This is a weird update. LOL And short. Sorry. I want to give you guys long updates, just haven't gotten the time.
Sorry for not updating yesterday. I'll be unable to work on updates everyday until Christmas Break. I've been so caught up in school now that I haven't had time for AFF and to reply to everyone's post on my wall. ^^; I've started turning into Minyoung, lack of sleep. OAO