This Is A Double Combo!

HypE vs HQ (Official Story!)

 

 

 

Hey everyone!! 

I decided to shoot out another update before I start on the rest of my homework!

I hope you all enjoy it ^^ I’m trying not to have a repeat of neglecting my updating duties.

<3 Okurah

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

HQ’s Section:

 

 

JinSun sat calmly in his chair staring at his reflection in the mirror in the mirror on the wall. He shifted uncomfortably in his chair being constricted by the cloth meant to keep his cut hair off of him. He settled after awhile and blew some of his bangs out of his eyes. Suddenly his hairdresser appeared in the mirror next to him with a small smile on her young face. She couldn’t be younger than him by much. 

 

 

“So JinSun, all we’re going to be doing to you today is a slight trim and lightening your hair to have some brown in it.” The hairdresser says with a small smile. She glances at JinSun who acknowledges what she has said with a nod.

 

 

As the hairdresser begins to work on t his hair, he decides to start a conversation with the girl.

 

 

“What’s your name?” He asks as the girl combs all his bangs to the front blocking his sight.

 

 

“My name is Yumi.” She replies happily as she cuts JinSun’s bangs so it wasn’t in his eyes anymore. He nods his head and remains quiet until he notices Yumi’s expecting stare.

 

 

“Well? Aren’t you going to tell me your name?” She asks before snipping away at his hair again. JinSun smirks before introducing himself which evokes a small laugh from the girl.

 

 

“Well than it’s nice to meet you JinSun-sshi. I’m guessing you’re the leader of this group?” She asks making light conversation.

 

 

“Are you starstruck to be in my presence?” He asks teasingly. He can hear her scoff and hold in a slight snicker.

 

 

“I’ve met an idol before. Don’t flatter yourself Mr. JinSun-sshi.” She replies with an equally teasing smile. “What made you want to become an idol anyways?” She asks. JinSun sits and thinks for awhile.

 

 

“I’m not sure... It just seemed like something I could see myself doing and enjoy.” The response seemed to satisfy Yumi. JinSun then shoots the same question at her.

 

 

“Well, I’m not one to obsess on looks, but it does bring in the money. If I’m good at it why not do it for a living? You know?” She replies as she finishes up t his hair. JinSun smiles slightly. He silently decided that he liked this girl. She wasn’t the, ‘look at me I’m beautiful or cute’ type. She was simply her. 

 

 

In the chair next to JinSun, Ma Roo is sitting looking extremely uncomfortable. He’s staring at his hairdresser with large eyes. He doesn’t let any movement made by them go unseen. The two girls working on him catch his eyes and blush at his intense stare. Ma Roo sees this and decided to speak up and stop staring so intensely.

 

“What are you going to do with my hair?” He asks causing the two girls to blush again. They didn’t seem to much older than him yet they were blushing like a bunch of school girls.

 

 

“I’ll be cutting your hair a bit. It’s just a bit too long for the look that your Manager wants for you.” Ma Roo scowls slightly at that statement. He did not want his hair cut, he liked the length.

 

 

“I’ll be dying your hair black.” The second lady responds. Ma Roo widens his eyes a bit more. His hair was a light blonde color.

 

 

“Do we need to do that? I mean, will it really make a difference if my hair is an inch longer than needed?” He responds slowly, showing his slight irritation at the idea.

 

 

“I’m sorry, but orders are orders.” The two females respond. Ma Roo pouts as he’s constricted by the same cloth that JinSun was restricted by. The females giggle at his pout.

 

 

“Don’t worry Ma Roo-sshi you’ll like it in the end.” 

 

 

“Yeah, you won’t look too bad.” DD says from her chair next to him. He catches her image in the mirror.

 

 

“Shush your mouth hot head.” He grumbles as his hair is sprayed with water. DD giggles, but sees her hairdresser Unnie standing at her side.

 

 

“Good afternoon Coordi-Unnie.” DD says shyly. The Coordi Unnie smiles at the shy girl.

 

 

“Hello dear” The older woman laughs. “Do you want to know what we’ll be doing today?” She asks receiving an excited nod from DD.

 

 

“Right, so I think you take pride in your strawberry hair color.” The hairdresser asks. DD nods. She loved her Strawberry hair, or as Ma Roo likes to call it, “Berry Head.”

 

 

“We aren’t going to change it, right?” She asks almost frightened for the answer.

 

 

“No sweety! We’re going to make it a more vibrant red. We’ll also be giving you some extensions that are a fiery orange.” The Coordi Unnie says letting it sink into DD’s mind. DD on the other hand frowns a bit, she doesn’t know how she would look with fiery hair. She liked to stay simple, orange and vibrant red was anything but. 

 

 

“You don’t think I’ll look weird?” DD asks hesitantly. The Unnie stops what she was doing and glanced at the younger girl with a smile.

 

 

“You’ll radiate my dear. You’ll see once you’re on the screen with your hair did and makeup done.” DD cringes at the mention of makeup as well. She was okay with a little of it, but a lot of makeup is something she hated.

 

 

HyunJi was silently sitting in her chair and waiting for her hairdresser to speak. He seemed to be pondering deeply about something to do with HyunJi’s hair.

 

 

“So, I’m going to be a Siren?” HyunJi seems to voice to herself. “Guess I’ll have to look y right?” She asks moving her eyebrows suggestively. The male working on her hair raises an eyebrow but remains stoic. HyunJi furrowed her eyebrows a bit at the male’s attempt to stay professional. She wanted him to just be himself.

 

 

“I’m sorry to break it to you, but no matter what you do to my hair I’ll just end up looking like a sea hag trying to be y.” HyunJi exclaims pulling a weird face in the mirror. The male’s mask breaks and he grins widely before letting out a laugh. HyunJi silently cheers to herself as she watches her hairdresser.

 

 

“Dang it! I was trying to stay professional until you came along.” The male laughs before patting the younger girls head. “My name is Shin by the way.” He says before twirling a piece of her hair in his fingers.

 

 

“It’s nice to meet you Shin Oppa. My name is The Hag of the Sea Queen HyunJi.” She responds bowing slightly. Shin chuckles again and shakes his head.

 

 

“You don’t and won’t look like a hag.” He says before lifting HyunJi’s long hair into a half up and down style. “You’ll be getting your hair dyed black and we’ll be adding extensions to make it longer.” HyunJi smiles cheekily before nodding.

 

 

MinKi is over to HyunJi’s side, he was getting his hair trimmed. He was quite glad for the trim because he knew his hair was getting a bit long. His phone goes of causing his face to light up with a smile. Texting his new found friend back he looks up and sighs catching his Coordi Noona’s attention.

 

 

“What’s wrong?” She asks him looking down with a slight frown afraid she did something wrong. MinKi glances around at all the others before looking back at his Coordi Noona.

 

 

“It just seems like my concept for Monster seems a bit boring... I mean a doll, really?” MinKi asks the Coordi Noona with a sad look. The female doing his hair smiles sadly.

 

 

“I don’t think it’s boring, it may seem boring right now though. You’re probably going to have a big roll though. I mean you’re a living doll! I bet you’ll have the most fun filming your parts.” She tells him softly. MinKi seems to think about it before smiling as well and nodding. His phone goes off again and he takes it out to find a text from his good friend again. Before he can texts back though his neighbor steals his phone.

 

 

“Awe, you’re texting your friend again! That’s so cute.” ChaeC tells MinKi who blushes slightly at her words. 

 

 

“Give it back Chaerin!” He scolds the youngest. She smiles and shakes her head before searching something up on his internet.

 

 

“Unnie?” She asks catching her hairdresser’s attention. “Will I be a horse?” She asks sending the Coordi Unnie into a fit of giggles. 

 

 

“A horse?!” The Unnie asks as she calms down a bit. ChaeC nods innocently with a concerned look plastered on her face. She did NOT want to look like a horse by all means necessary.

 

 

“Yeah, it says Kelpies are horses. Am I going to dress up like a horse?” She asks with a frown.

 

 

“No sweetie! You aren’t going to look like a horse.” The Coordi Unnie laughs as she hands MinKi back his phone.

 

 

“You’ll be getting black hair with turquoise tips.” She responds. ChaeC seems to sigh in relief and clap happily. She cheers slightly causing the Unnie to pinch her cheeks.

 

 

As all of that is going on their Manager, KwangSu, is sitting alone on a couch waiting for them to finish. He was staring at his newly obtained phone since he destroyed his old one. His mind wandered back to his old group. He felt bad, he did. He regret doing what he did and secretly hoped they were doing well without him. He knew Bae would hire someone that would be more help to them than he could ever be. 

 

 

He glanced up and away from his phone screen to look at the members of his new group, HQ. JinSun was the leader like Jae Hyun had been, yet they are so different. JinSun rules in a strict and orderly fashion, while Jae Hyun ruled like a father would. Don’t get him wrong, JinSun had a slightly fatherlike side, but a strict one. He then glanced at Ma Roo and silent placed him to be like MinJee. He was quiet yet could be quite goofy at time. Though he seemed a bit weirder than MinJee. DD was a mix of Aerin and JaKyung. She was the mother of the group for sure. Just like the other two girls of HypE were sort of. MinKi was definitely Haeyun, they were both... Divas to put it simply. Then came HyunJi. She was quite the weird one that girl. She could be compared to KyungSu, but only because they were the most mysterious of their groups. ChaeC was HaNi’s clone. KwangSu was sure that if the two met, they would be best friends.

 

 

Thinking back on HypE, he suddenly remembers the young boy he bumped into a short while ago. He seemed vaguely familiar, not to mention the fact that he scheduled an appointment for seven people at once.

 

 

His thoughts were suddenly broken as he felt someone poke his nose. Crossing his eyes slightly he follows the finger up to find it belonged to HyunJi. Yes, the girl was a weird one indeed. He could hear the rest of HQ laughing softly. He looks at them and smiles at their new appearances.

 

 

“I think we’re ready to head out now Manager KwangSu.” JinSun states, looked nice with his slightly lighter hair. KwangSu looks at the time and nods seeing that they’ve been there for awhile. The group of people thank the nice workers at the hair salon and pay them each a good tip before hopping in KwangSu’s van and leaving.

 

 

On the way back everyone seemed to be exhausted. They’ve all been overworked the past couple days.

 

 

MinKi’s head had fallen into DD’s lap, and she was asleep on Ma Roo’s shoulder. Ma Roo was trying to stay up, but eventually his head lolled to the side to rest on top of DD’s now fiery head of hair. 

 

 

The seat in front of the sleepy trio held another tired group of three. HyunJi was snoozing against the window closest to her. ChaeC was in the middle and her head was lolling to the side, it rested against HyunJi’s shoulder for a moment until she pushed the maknae’s head away. ChaeC opened her eyes and sat up a bit, but ended up lolling her head again. JinSun being the only one up at the moment sighed and leant her head against his shoulder. ChaeC smiled lightly before mumbling a thanks.

 

 

KwangSu caught sight of this in his rear view mirror and smiled.

 

 

“You can get some rest JinSun. Tomorrow you’’ll be waking up early to record Monster. I’ll wake you when we’re back at the dorms.” JinSun nods and leans his head against the window.

 

 

 


 

 

 

HypE’s Section:

 

 

Jae Hyun is just waking up as he feels the sun light get in his eyes. He groans before squinting his eyes open a bit. Jae Hyun turns over and catches a glimpse of his clock to see it’s around 9 am. 

 

 

“We’re late!!” He shouts his voice cracking a bit from sleep. KyungSu grumbles and sits up staring at his elder with a grumpy face.

 

 

“What’s going on?” He asks his voice low from sleep.

 

 

“We had to meet Op three hours ago - “ 

 

 

“What’s this?” Jae Hyun was cut off by KyungSu’s deepened voice. Jae looks over to see KyungSu grabbing a nicely wrapped box placed at the edge of his bed.

 

 

“What is that?” Jae Hyun asks forgetting about being late.

 

 

“You have one too Hyung!” KyungSu states. Jae finds a small nicely wrapped package as well. He raises an eyebrow and grabs it.

 

 

“This is... Weird.” He says hesitantly.

 

 

Meanwhile, Aerin is in the other room yelling for Haeyun to wake up since they were late.

 

 

“Calm down Noona, it’s not good to ruin one’s beauty sleep.” He says sitting up and rubbing his tired eyes. 

 

 

“I don’t care! Get up Yunnie!” Aerin says while throwing some clothes at him. Haeyun though is more occupied with staring at the small box at his feet. He smile before grabbing it. Aerin turns to look at him to see the box.

 

 

“What’s that? Where did you get it?” Aerin asks walking over to Hae.

 

 

“What? So busy stressing you didn’t notice yours as well?” Haeyun teases before pulling his gift away from his sisters reach pulling a mehrong pose.

 

 

“I have one too?” She asks herself as she looks to her bed. Sure enough she finds one and walks over slowly to pick it up. She smiles but finds it weird.

 

 

“HaNi! Wake up! We’re going to be late!” JaKyung shouts shaking the youngest member of HypE. She frowns when there is no reaction. She glances back at her bed where the weird package she found when awakening lay. She found it strange since the others had a small gift on their beds as well. She thought it was sweet, but she was curious as to who left them there.

 

 

“HaNi!” She yells shaking the maknae again. Getting no reaction she gives up but jumps when she realizes someone is at their door. A pajama clad KyungSu comes walking in.

 

 

“KyungSu! What are you doing? You can’t just walk into a girl’s room without knocking. What if one of us were changing?” JaKyung says laughing a bit as KyungSu’s cheeks burn a bright pink. She then notices a cup of coffee in his hands.

 

 

“You know you’re too young for that dongsaeng. If Aerin finds out your drinking that you’re going to be scolded.” JaKyung finishes with a scowl. KyungSu shakes his head at her comment.

 

 

“I knew you would need help waking them up so I came to help.” He replies. JaKyung raises an eyebrow at his voice, but realizes it’s from sleep. She watches as he places the cup of coffee on MinJee’s bedside table. KyungSu then kneels next to her bed and waits for her eyes to squint open at the smell of coffee. Once MinJee sees him she widens her eyes a bit in shock.

 

 

“Noona~ Wake up before we’re late.” KyungSu managese to coo in an extremely adorable form of aegyo. JaKyung stares in shock and smiles thoroughly impressed with KyungSu. She’s never seen his aegyo before, but dang, was he good! MinJee sighs but sits up from her previous position.

 

 

“You are too cute for your own good.” MinJee replies messing his hair up. KyungSu then smiles and exits the room. MinJee grabs her cup of coffee and takes a sip. JaKyung continues to stare at her in question. 

 

 

“That kid is good.” JaKyung says from her spot. MinJee glances at her before nodding her head as well. She had a light smile playing at her lips.

 

 

“Do you need help getting HaNi up?” MinJee asks. JaKyung nods desperately.

 

 

“Please, she’s a rock when she sleeps.” She answers which emits a laugh from MinJee. With a nod she stands up and walks over slowly only to end up nudging the maknae off of her bed and on to the floor with her foot. JaKyung gasps before keeling over and laughing on the floor. A groan can be heard from HaNi as she sits up rubbing her sore head and sending a glare towards a smiling MinJee. HaNi climbs back onto her bed and find the package.

 

 

“Ooooh~ What’s this?!” She asks grabbing the pretty little wrapped boxes. 

 

 

“I’m not sure.” MinJee responds shaking hers a bit to hear something rattling inside. JaKyung decides to open hers and is pleasantly surprised to find small little candies in it.

 

 

“Caramel?” She asks before picking one up and inspecting it. MinJee opens hers to find some dark chocolate. HaNi rips hers open to find colorful swirly lollipops which she doesn’t hesitate to rip open and begin . JaKyung also unwraps a caramel to stick in , savoring the sweet taste. MinJee rolls her eyes before seeing a note at the bottom of her box.

 

 

“I found a note.” MinJee announces. JaKyung and HaNi look at her before searching their boxes to find one as well.

 

 

“Hey guys, hope you guys don’t mind me leaving these for you. This is just a little warm up for your new “image” I guess you could say. Don’t worry about oversleeping, I didn’t wake you up because I thought you should get sleep. You all looked too cute to wake up. Anyways~ Meet me in the kitchen when you’re ready... It’s signed by Op.” MinJee announces reading the letter out loud. 

 

 

“Kitchen?” HaNi asks confused.

 

 

“Does he mean our kitchen?” JaKyung responds as she stood to go to their door. When they peak out they find Aerin, Haeyun, Jae Hyun, and KyungSu doing the same. All of their boxes were open as well. Jae Hyun had some gummy bears in his, Aerin received raspberry chocolates, Haeyun had some pink wrapped candy, and KyungSu seemed to have sprinkles.

 

 

They all made their way to their kitchen to find their weird but funny Manager sitting their doing what looked to be paperwork. JaKyung chuckled thinking it was his homework. Upon closer inspection they found plans and drawings. HypE is surprised to see that all of these plans and drawings were based around themselves. 

 

 

“Is this all for us?” Jae Hyun asks causing Op to jump slightly and turn to them in shock. The others were shocked to see how much this young guy had planned for them. 

 

 

“Yes! It is actually... Good Morning guys!” Op says earning a smiled from the rest. HypE takes a seat around him while staring at some of the things he has on the table. 

 

 

“So, did you enjoy my small gifts?” Op asks happily.

 

 

“You left the packages for us?” JaKyung asks surprised. She thought the gesture was sweet, but she’d never let him know she thought that.

 

 

“Yeah, did you like it?” He asks focusing his question towards her now. She nods slowly and almost hesitantly.

 

 

“Caramel is my favorite.” She says softly. Op smiles when the others agree with receiving their favored candy.

 

 

Aerin decides to ask a question, she was seated next to Jae Hyun who was enjoying his multiple colored gummy bears.

 

 

“Why did you do this?” She asks.

 

 

“Well we’re going to redo your music video for Lollipop.” Op responds biting on the cap of his pen slightly.

 

 

“So we’re getting completely different looks? Which means makeovers, right?” Haeyun asks suddenly at the edge of his seat. When Op nods Haeyun cheers.

 

 

“Which means more work.” Aerin says softly massaging her temples. Jae Hyun puts a hand on her back for support. He then holds up a gummy bear offering it to her in an attempt to cheer her up. Aerin laughs before opening to eat it.

 

 

JaKyung looks away from the scene between Aerin and Jae Hyun huffing slightly. HaNi smiled softly at her Unnie before turning to look at KyungSu who is eating sprinkles.

 

 

“Why are you eating just sprinkles? That’s not healthy.” HaNi exclaims causing KyungSu to stop and look at her with some sprinkles still at the corner of his mouth. 

 

 

“It represents Ice Cream.” Op explains and MinJee suddenly realizes what he’s planning.

 

 

“What you gave represents how we will be dressed for our MV, right?” MinJee asks as a smile spreads on her face.

 

 

“I think this is going to be fun!” JaKyung exclaims from her spot. Suddenly there is a knock at the door and HypE seems confused.

 

 

“I hope you don’t mind, but I ordered delivery for breakfast.” Op explains causing HypE to smile wider.

 

 

“You’re a pretty good Manager for an eleven year old.” JaKyung states while standing to get the door. Op scowls a bit at his age reference but JaKyung messes his hair up before answering the door.

 

 

“I’m practically your age.” He answers crossing his arm with a slight pout now. JaKyung and the others laugh.

 

 

“But you aren’t! You’re younger.” JaKyung teases sticking her tongue out.

 

 

 


 

 

 

HQ’s Section:

 

 

It was the next day and HQ seemed to be recording all day. The girls recorded their song, Crazy first. Then the boys recorded their song, Obsession. They were now happy to be on their last song Monster, it was taking a bit longer since all of them had to collaborate to sing this song. They still were not use to each others’ voices.

 

 

KwangSu was once again sitting on a couch alone. He seemed to think a lot about things. He was actually recalling the time where he was with HypE at their recording. He remembered the shock he received when he found out how strong each of their voices were. He shakes his head to rid himself of the memory before sighing.

 

 

“My actions will haunt me.” He mumbles to himself.

 

 

“Are you alright Manager KwangSu?” A voice asks as he plops himself next to the surprised KwangSu. He turns to find MinKi next to him.

 

 

“Oh! MinKi, are you finished recording?” KwangSu asks trying to push the topic at hand away. MinKi eyes him, before nodding slowly. He then looks down at his phone and begins texting again. KwangSu smiles at the weird flamboyant boy.

 

 

“Who are you texting?” KwangSu asks curiously. MinKi stops and looks up at their Manager. 

 

 

“My friend.” He replies shortly before going back to texting.

 

 

“It’s a friend that MinKi made at the mall. He talks about him all the time.” ChaeC then announces as she sits on the other side of KwangSu. MinKi looks at KwangSu who is looking at him in question. MinKi simply smiles sheepishly and nods.

 

 

“His name is Haeyun, he’s an upcoming idol like us. So you don’t need to worry about us being exposed.” HyunJi then says as she sits next to MinKi. KwangSu nods but on the inside he was freaking out. Haeyun! He knew CEO Kwan will not be happy to find out that one of s have been befriended by a member of HypE. 

 

 

“KwangSu. DD and Ma Roo are the only ones left recording.” JinSun announces as he exits the recording studio. Not a minute later does DD come out with a satisfied grin on her face.

 

 

“Nevermind, Ma Roo is the only one left.” JinSun explains as he stands to watch the boy do his part. The rest of the group follow and watch as Ma Roo sing into the mic with his eyes closed and his foot tapping to the beat. Nothing seemed out of place except for the fact that Ma Roo also lipped sync everyone else’s parts as well.

 

 

“This kid is practically a child of music and soul.” HyunJi announces causing everyone to agree. He seemed to do things with music and melody so easily. Suddenly the music stops as the producers ask for a retake, but Ma Roo is still singing.

 

 

“What’s he doing?” KwangSu asks. JinSun makes his way into the room followed by the rest. When he grabs Ma Roo’s shoulder he jumps but stops singing.

 

 

“Are you alright?” DD asks him. Ma Roo nods confused as to why everyone was in the studio.

 

 

“Didn’t you notice that the music isn’t playing? The producers want to do a retake.” MinKi states. Ma Roo glances at all s embarrassed. He blushes and scratches his head.

 

 

“Didn’t you notice?” ChaeC asks. Ma Roo shakes his.

 

 

“I guess I just got carried away?” He says almost questioning himself. HyunJi laughs and pats his back.

 

 

“Yupp, typical Roo.” She states causing the rest to laugh and leave the room. Ma Roo then continues to sing but his eyes were trained on the producers and the signals they were giving him.

 

 

Once he was and and out of the studio, KwangSu decides to announce tomorrows schedule.

 

 

“You’ll six need to be up early tomorrow for hair, makeup, and wardrobe.” KwangSu states. ChaeC raises her hand like a small child, KwangSu smiles and points at her.

 

 

“What for?” She asks innocently.

 

 

“Well, we’ll be taking your MV tomorrow.” At those words HQ groan at the thought of another busy day.

 

 

 


 

 

 

Alright! 

If you have any request for events revolving around your character, let me know!

Also, if you have any love interest changes, make sure to let me know as soon as possible! I will most likely change it ^^

 

 

 

 

@alexpop

 

Thank you Unnie ^^ Haeyun and MinKi do seem to match up don't they ^^ And yes, I definitely felt like bringing Co-Op back was a must!!

 

 

 

 

@iShiina

 

Oh my!! Thank you so much ^^ Your compliment made me so happy :D I don't necessarily have a word count that I live by, but I seem to type around 4,000 - 5,000 words an update. Rarely will I type less than that. 

 

 

 

 

@BloodyRavens

 

Thank you Unnie ^^ Yes, Co-Op is back :D I'm glad you're happy they're back! Yup, I decided to mix things up by making him a young Manager. HypE's debut is coming up! Are you ready!!?

No, definitely not a bad thing you want to hurt KwangSu XD He did an extremely unforgivable things. 

Yes, Don Don the cat is my favorite little add in to the story. Your sister's cat seems... Nice? ^^'

Yup, JaeRin, I hope your ready, it'll get intense in the future XD JaKyung... She might have another guy coming in her life soon... Maybe XD

 

 

 

 

 

@roserobinson

 

Dongsaeng! Your comments are so long XD Thank You ^^ And here is another update for you!! You guessed correct my lovely saeng! 

Hahaha, you hate KwangSu as well ^^ 

JaeHyun does seem like the perfect guy type doesn't he? I find myself fawning over him sometimes XDD

You're a fan of JaeRin too?! Yay ^^

Yes, HaNi is oblivious isn't she? Don't blame her too much, Op changed a lot from when she knew him. I think HypE is going to give Op a run for his poor young self.

Yes, Haeyun will still call him Oppa, that funny guy.

I agree with HaNi, I don't like coffee either!!!