FINAL

A Matter of Heart [Story #5]


FINAL




Mir tightened his coat as the cold win breeze through. He carefully walked along the grass that formed a path towards his destination. With a bouquet of flowers in his right hand, he took a deep breath and let it out. He's desperately trying to calm down his nerve as he walked closer.
 
 
 
 
 
He can see a guy standing not far from him, a familiar one. A smile curved up his lips as the latter turned around to greet him.
 
"hey hyung." 
 
"kangjun, how are you?" He asked.
 
"Good. It's been four years since we last met, huh?" Kangjun smiled.
 
"yeah... it's been four long years." mir whispered, his mind wandered to the event.
 
 
"We've been staying for a week now. is it safe to come back?" mir asked when Kangjun called him.
 
"yes. I'm calling you to tell you that everything's fine now." His voice sounds heavy and tired.
 
"How's Soomi?" A question that was replied with a long silence.
 
Mir panicked when Kangjun didn't asnwer him.
 
"Kangjun, please tell me she's okay." He begged.
 
"She was shot in the stomach... near her chest..." Kangjun's answer feels like a stab in the heart.
 
"Is.. Is she alive?" He croaked, ignoring the worried glances his friends are giving him.
 
"I don't- we don't know yet..." 
 
"kangjun... she won't die, won't she? I haven't told her i love her again..." Mir pleaded, tears started to fell down his cheeks.
 
"Hyung, i don't know." kangjun's voice was heavy and Mir noticed he has been crying as well.
 
"She- she said she loves you, hyung." Kangjun let out a soft chuckle.
 
"I told you so." he continued.
 
"I'm going back as soon as possible." Mir said, unable to hear more.
 
He staggered towards the sofa where his friends are sitting at and fell on his knees, crying. Seungho went to his aid and hug him.
 
"what happened?"
 
"She's been shot. Th- they don't know if she'll survive." mir looked up tearfully.
 
"oh my god." sanghee cupped and tears brimmed in her eyes.
 
Thunder hugs his sister as she started to cry.
 
 
"I heard Sanghee noona is pregnant now." Kangjun's voice snapped him back to reality.
 
Mir grinned and nodded.
 
"yeah, she's been complaining about back ache. Poor Joonie hyung." he laughed along with Kangjun.
 
"Hyung, do you miss her?" Kangjun asked.
 
Mir looked at him with sad eyes.
 
"It would be a lie if i told you i've moved on. I can't even forget her even when i'm asleep. I kept dreaming about her, waking up in the middle of the night ever since that... night... I jus-- i just wish i could do something, you know." Mir said.
 
kangjun nodded and smiled. He pushed the door opened and stepped inside the large living room. They both walked passed the room and entered a smaller one filled with flowers.
 
Mir looked around the unfamiliar place. He has been to their house but never to this part of the house.
 
"Noona planted all these flowers. This is her favorite." He pointed at the flowers near Mir.
 
Mir smiled when he realized that was the flower he gave Soomi when they had their second 'date'.
 
"I'm going to get something. Wait here, Hyung." Kangjun said and went back to get his stuff.
 
Mir sat on one of the benches, admiring the flowers as his mind once again wandered.
 
 

"Please let me see her." Mir begged as he entered the ICU. 

The nurse looked at him with sympathy as she showed him Soomi's room. Mir held his breath when he saw her sleeping with tubes needles inserted into her skin. She looked so pale, so fragile, so.. lifeless...

Mir sat next to her bed and held her hand, kissing the fingertips as gently as possible.

"You can't leave, you got that?" Mir whispered.

"I have so many things to tell you and we have to do a lot of things... So wake up soon, Soomi." He kissed her forehead.

 
 
"Mir..." Mir's eyes widened at the familiar voice he has been missing for years.
 
He stands up and turned around, facing the woman he loves. She's smiling at him and slowly walked closer to him.
 
"it's been a long time." She sweetly said.
 
Mir just stared at her. She looked so different. She's more alive, healthier, more beautiful, and he realized he has fallen for her more.
 
"S-s-soomi.. it's really you." He choked, his hand caressed her soft cheek.
 
"I miss you, Mir." she said.
 
He pulled her into a tight hug, as if she'll go away when he broke it off. 
 
"oh god, you're here. I miss you so much." He said.
 
"I'm sorry for making you worry.. and wait for me for years." She said with glistened eyes.
 
"it's all worth it. It's all worth it." He kissed her.
 
 
"You're taking her to the states? Why?" Mir asked Kangjun.
 
"She needs another surgery and we found one of the best surgeon there. He agreed to operate her." Kangjun replied.
 
"How long until she'll be back?"
 
"I don't know... a year? two years? it depends on her recovery."
 
Mir nodded and looked at Soomi.
 
"ju- just make sure you update me everyday, kangjun." He said, giving her a soft kiss.
 
Kangjun nodded.
 
"i will, hyung."
 
 
"I have something to tell you." Soomi mumbled, her cheeks pinked.
 
"what is it?" mir asked, a smile appears on his face, glad to see she's more than just alive, she's here in front of him.
 
"That day, when i left you... i didn't mean it... I--" Soomi was lost for words as she stared at Mir's gentle brown eyes.
 
"Stop." Mir stopped her.
 
"Let me do this." He said and took out the little box he has kept for four years.
 
He opened the box and kneeled down.
 
"Kang Soomi, i love you and i know i always will love you. I'm not perfect, i'm loud and i can't fight as well as you do but nevertheless i love you and  will you let me be your boyfriend?" he asked.
 
Soomi cupped and tears fell down her blushing cheeks as she nods. She wrapped her arms around mir.
 
"I Love you, mir." She whispered between her tears.
 
Mir chuckled, wiping the tears off her face.
 
"don't cry." he said.
 
"But, i'm so happy." She smiled.
 
"You know, i've never thought you'd be this emotional before..." he grinned, receiving a playful slap from Soomi.
 
Mir inched closer and planted his lips on hers, enjoying a sweet moment of bliss.
 
"Are you done?" A voice interrupted them.
 
They broke off the kiss, blushing while Kangjun stared at them in amusement.
 
"There will be more times to reminisce and kiss. Right now, both of you need to go to father. He's expecting you, Noona." He grinned.
 
"What does he want?" Soomi asked as they all walked.
 
"A grandchildren, perhaps." Kangjun answered nonchalantly, receiving a slap in the head from the madly blushing Soomi.
 
"Shut up, you punk." she rolled her eyes and stormed off with red face.
 
Kangjun laughed and glanced at Mir who was smiling as he watched Soomi entered her father's room.
 
"She really changed, huh?" Kangjun said.
 
mir nodded and smile.
 
"it's all because of me." He proudly answered.
 
"Don't praise yourself too much, hyung. Soomi Noona might leave you." Kangjun laughed and ran away from Mir.
 
"YAH!" Mir shouted at the boy who kept teasing him.
 
*****
 
"I see you've met that Bang Chulyong boy again." 
 
"yes, father i did." soomi smiled.
 
"Soomi," he stands up and walked closer to his daughter with a fatherly smile.
 
"I've never felt so guilty for putting you and Kangjun in so much danger, especially you, a woman. And i'm sorry for that. But you have to know that i'm very proud of you, for being a great heiress. I know you can be a good leader." he said.
 
"Father..." Soomi watched her father wiped a tear from his eyes.
 
"I really wish your mother was here. She'd be so proud of you..." 
 
"appa..." soomi smiled with tears in her eyes as she hugged her father.
 
"I miss that word... It's been so long since you call me appa, soomi."
 
"I guess i'll call you appa from now on." Soomi smiled.
 
He patted his daughter back before they broke off the hug. 
 
"what do you want to talk about, appa?"
 
A mischievous smile appeared on his face.
 
"I'm getting old and lonely, Soomi..." He paused.
 
Soomi stared at him expectantly.
 
"When will you give me grandchildren to play with?" her father grinned while Soomi once again blushed.
 
"APPA!"
 


2012.12.25 tuesday

by Seoulchae



 

 

Thanks for being so supportive. Thanks for the subscription and lovely comments. i hope to see you in my next story :)

 

<3 seoulchae