Chapter 1

A Matter of Heart [Story #5]


Chapter 1



 

 

He's famous for his childishness and he's proud of it. With his witty personality, it's not hard for Mir to gain friends. He's popular among the elites, as they would call him "the cute maknae". He's a restless kid, moving around to get food and find new friends even though it's a formal party. 
 
He was skipping happily when he accidentally bumped into a girl. She automatically fell backwards and he could hear her hiss in irritation. The rest of MBLAQ stared at the accident in worry because it wasn't just any girl he just bumped into. It was Kang Soomi.
 
Kang Soomi is the most feared woman among the elites community. With her expressionless face and empty eyes, and the fact that she's the first child of the Kang family, a very influential Jopok [korean mafia] clan. Mir could see the tattoo of her family name on the back of her neck as she brushed her hair aside and he gulped in fear.
 
This is Kang Soomi they're talking about. The daughter of a mafia who deals with illegal weapons and gambling business. The Kang clan might be the least violent of all mafias but that doesn't mean they don't have any power. Apparently, with their calm demeanor, Kang Clan is considered to be a clan that was feared among other clans. And even though Mir has been her classmates ever since they were little, that doesn't make him less afraid of her. As far as he knows and remembers, Kang Soomi only puts on the same expression every time he saw her.
 
"Noona!" A guy called out and Mir's eyes widened.
 
Kangjun, or known as Soomi's younger brother is running towards his sister. He took a glance at MIr and MBLAQ before he reached out to his sister, helping her to get up. 
 
"What happened?" He asked.
 
"We bumped into each other." She replied.
 
Mir noticed how her brother seemed to have more expression as he showed a small smile at them and lightly bowed.
 
"Jesonghamnida, Soomi-ssi." Mir automatically apologized.
 
"Um, are you okay, Soomi-ssi?" Seungho nervously asked.
 
Soomi looked up with her cold eyes and nodded. She dusted off the black dress that perfectly showcase her curves and nodded her head a little before she walked away.
 
"We'll be going first. It was nice meeting you, MBLAQ." Kangjun smiled before he run and followed her, taking her hand and starts a conversation with her.
 
Mir lets out a huge breath of relief when she disappeared as she entered the ballroom. The rest of MBLAQ seemed to be exhaling in the same time as well.
 
"I thought i'm going to die, hyung." Mir whispered.
 
And everyone couldn't agree more as they all went back to the ballroom in silence.
 
*****
 
"What's wrong?" Sanghee walked towards them, while Lee Joon greeted her with a kiss on her temple. 
 
"He just bumped into Kang Soomi." G.O said, pointing at Mir who's eyes are glued to a certain female figure standing at the opposite corner of the room.
 
"Soomi-ssi? She's nice." Jooyeon said as she gave G.O a loving smile. 
 
"Nice? She's scary." G.O shuddered.
 
Jooyeon shook her head and took a glance at Soomi who was still standing. A small smile appeared on her lips as their eyes come in contact and Soomi simply nodded at her before her brother called her.
 
"You know her?" Seungho asked.
 
"Yeah. My brother is her designer and music teacher. She's a nice girl from what i heard. A prodigy in music, Jiyong oppa would say." Jooyeon nodded.
 
"I think Mir is too shocked." Thunder chuckled while Mir gave him a glare.
 
"She's very intimidating. Her brother is more cheerful." Lee Joon said.
 
"yeah. Kangjun-ssi is quite a cheerful boy." Jooyeon replied, watching Kangjun laughing next to Soomi.
 
But Mir doesn't even noticed that. His eyes are set on Soomi who kept her expressionless face throughout the event and for unknown reason, his heart did a little flip flop when she caught him looking at her.


2012.11.19 monday

by Seoulchae