Coincidence

Turquoise

 

 

Today was supposedly just one of those normal school days. By “normal school days”, you mean doing the usual drill of walking quietly with your thick-rimmed specs on and trying your best to dodge every person as you quietly get through the corridor, daydreaming in your seat while class is going on, guessing what your mom prepared for lunch, and thinking about what book to borrow at the library for later. Yes, it may sound boring, but hey, everyone is different.

But no, the key word of the first paragraph’s first sentence is “supposedly”. So obviously, this is definitely included among the list of your boring mundane academic hours spent in school. Your routine gets disrupted the moment you see a hoard of people – specifically a hoard of wound up girls – noisily chattering and desperately stretching their necks like giraffes to take a good view of what lies beyond the windows.  

Gossiping isn’t found in your vocabulary, but intense observation and eavesdropping are. So as you tried to maintain discretion, you gradually slower your pace as you passed by the bevy of overwrought teenage females, all ears on their high-pitched chitchats. After some little effort, you managed to overhear a detailed and clear conversation about what the ruckus is all about. More or less the exchange sounded like this:

 

Girl 1: OMG, they said two extremely good-looking boys are transferring to our school today! And I heard that they’re juniors!

Girl 2: Dammit, them lucky juniors. Whatever, I don’t care, maybe they like noonas. Anyway, have you seen them already?

Girl 1: Nope, I haven’t. But they said that one boy looks really angelic and that the other one looks reaaaaaally hot.

Girl 2: Really? Aish, I definitely have to check them out. From what school did they come from?

Girl 1: I don’t know… But there are rumors they studied abroad. I think someone mentioned they’re from America? I’m not sure.

 

America? You almost tripped over nothing when you heard Girl 1 said it. Now, you are usually blasé on these issues about handsome transferees or of topics of the same matter, but this got you especially interested.

What if one of them is that boy in the dream? Your heart skips a beat at the question. A little happy fire ignites somewhere in your soul, making you feel alive all of a sudden. I can meet him again!  

You stopped in front of the bulletin board, pretending to read the announcements while you continued your discreet prying on conversations. This time you settle with another pair of girls.

 

Girl 1: Omo, guess what? I saw them earlier. They’re soooo good-looking! They look like models!

Girl 2:  Really? So do you know their names already?

Girl 1: Yes yes! The innocent looking one is Suho and the ier looking is Kris.

 

Just after Girl 1 said the second boy’s name, the bell for the first period rang immediately, causing the whole corridor of girls to almost groan in unison. Everyone disperses lazily goes inside into their classrooms for the first period.

Suho and Kris? You mentally repeat their names as you pass through the crowd. You waited for that tingle of familiarity from either of the names. You felt nothing.

Disappointed, you arrive in the classroom and slump the moment you reach your seat. With a sigh, you bury your head in your arms and fill your mind possible dishes you’re having for lunch while you wait for the teacher.

After what seemed a very long while, the homeroom teacher finally comes in, greeting everyone with a big sheepish smile plastered on his face.

“Good morning guys!” He acknowledges. “Just today, I have received news from the administration regarding something related with our class.” He eyes each student, all who is more or less interested in his announcement. “I’m not sure, but it is more likely that of a good news. Especially for the girls.”

Uh-oh. I think I already have a hunch on what this is about. You thought. You’re not a master of telepathy, but you think you have the same thoughts with the animatedly chattering girls.

“Okay, okay, that’s enough.” He hushes the class. “So moving on, there are two transferee students who just came in today. And our class is chosen to be their new and permanent class for the whole year. I hope you’ll treat them well, okay? Wait a minute, I’ll send them in.”

The class went into wildlife state the instant the homeroom teacher left the room. Girls were squealing and jumping everywhere like gorillas. Boys were clearly agitated, their faces almost similar as to how a cobra looks like when it’s threatened. On the other hand, you were just there, acting all indifferent like a sleepy panda.

Almost instantly, the chaos subsides down when Mr. Park came back. “They’re here.” He said. “Suho, Kris, please do come in now.”

The next scene happened in slow motion, like just one of those movies and series you had watched. The two boys came in, unmistakably both stunning and attractive. But their gorgeous faces weren’t the reason that had you gaping and your heart pounding. It was particularly because of the first boy that entered.

 

It was because he had jet black hair.

 

 

The milky skin.

 

 

And perfect half-moon eyes.

 

 

 

 

It’s him.

 The boy in your dream.