et initium novum

Aeternalis (Discontinued)

 

*et initium novum: and a new beginning


He shouldn't be alive right now, and Kim Minseok knew that.

His eyes popped open as he gasped for air- his hands felt unnaturally frozen and the stinging smell of blood was everywhere, making him crinkle his nose in disgust. He grunted, not knowing what happened- but he swore someone was there with him, because he heard- someone's footsteps coming to his way.

Footsteps?

His eyes widened in horror as he tried to get on his knees- a sharp cry erupted from his mouth as he crouched and cradled his stomach with his arms, crimson sticking on his skin and shirt. He winced, the pain was too sharp, and the sight was gruesome- he was here, injured, bloodied- and some random stranger was approaching him. His loud scream would be heard miles away.

I'm going to die, God, have mercy on me-

"Xiumin-ge?" a voice rang, and he kept his mouth shut, because this man was looking for someone else. He could see the outline of the latter's body in the dimmed surrounding. The man was slim and fit- and the blood clotted all over his body made Minseok cringe. That man was the one that caused the injury on him, it was undoubted.

Good god, he's going to finish me off.

The pain was growing stronger, and Minseok was already biting his lips to keep the groans in, but then a small whimper left his lips- and the boy turned- Minseok's eyes widened, as he locked to his position, afraid of doing anything. He could see the boy's eyes widening like his- and he sighed, running to Minseok-

"NO! STAY AWAY FROM ME, YOU FREAK!" Minseok screamed as he pointed an accusing finger to the man, a groan voiced out, as he clutched his stomach, the boy's pace slowing.

"Xiumin-ge, why-"

"I'M NOT THIS XIUMIN YOU THINK I AM!" Minseok interjected rather harshly, unlike himself. The pain was so strong right now and he cried, tears leaking out his eyes and timid whimpers of agony escaping his lips. The man crouched down, and Minseok didn't care- better off dead, than experience a pain as painful as this-

He could feel a timid hand touching his stomach and a warm light filling his mind, numbing the pain away, as he felt lightheaded- and he was gone, the wound was gone, and the other man breathing raggedly, droplets of tears streaking his cheeks, eyes widened in shock.

"You," Yixing whispered. "You didn't remember."


Tao couldn't remember when he was running as fast as this.

He zipped through the crowds, shaking his head in exasperation, as worry clouded his mind, anger, disgust, and fear- all for them, all for Yixing-ge- his heart constricted in the thoughts of having him injured, bloodied, broken, dead- all because of his foolishness, him. He fisted in palms, his fingernails grazing his own skin, cutting deep- but it was uncomparable to the dread he felt right now.

Yixing's presence was dimmer, and he lets out a deep breath- no, no, no, no- as he kept running, because he's terrified.

What will happen to EXO when Yixing's gone? No- Huang ZItao- don't think of that-

Tao was scared, he can't deny that.

He swiftly avoided the bus that was heading to him, the driver spewing profannities on him. He cursed under his breath, but he continued to run, as the dull ache in his heart started to deepen, causing him to grit his teeth, the feeling of dread filling his mind.

His head throbbed as he saw the dark warehouse on the side of the streets, its glooming height dominating the sky, making him feel chills on his spine. He could sense Yixing's presence there-

And someone else's.

He immeditely sprinted to the building- the door was opened -bracing himself for the worst-

Blood.

This is wrong, was what he thought, gasping. No, it can't be, he breathed, closing his mouth with his own palms. He stumbled even further in light steps, careful not to step on the blood, its rancid smell hanging throughout the air- this was wrong, completely, horribly wrong-

"Yixing-ge?" he croaked.

"T-tao...?"

He gasped, turning to the direction of his sound, as relief flooded over him- it was no imagination, he reassured himself, as he stealthily walked to the source of the voice. He braced for something to happen- maybe it was a lure or a trap, he didn't know exactly what- but he could feel Yixing's presence, along with something- unknown.

When he finally saw him, Tao couldn't believe his eyes.

"X-Xiumin-ge?" 

"Tao," a voice rasped. "Tao, he didn't remember. He- he was controlled by the Evil and- and I fought it and he's supposed to remember b-but he just didn't and I didn't believe it- his stomach was bleeding and I- I healed him b-but-"

Tao crouched beside Yixing and grasped his hands. "Ge, calm yourself and explain what happened," he took a deep breath, and looked at Xiumin. He was breathing rather deeply, and his face was caked with blood and gashes. Tao winced. "...or maybe later. You need to calm yourself down for now, Yixing-ge."

Yixing took a deep breath and looked at Tao, wiping his tears. "Go get Xiumin-ge to my apartment. You should pamper him a-and treat his wounds."

Without looking back, Tao nodded and began to help Xiumin get on his feet. He wasn't heavy, but he wasn't light, either. He helped Xiumin to get up, but when he turned back, Yixing wasn't there.

The Time Controller shook his head in disbelief. 

"He disappeared."


Baekhyun kept on running, his whole energy drained by everything.

He was dizzied, incoherent, confused- his whole memory was clashing with each other, because everything doesn't make sense. How- how? How could he possibly train when he was just a middle-schooler when he's actually a Guardian- an EXO? Why did he talk to Suho as if Baekhyun himself doesn't know him? Why did he even call Suho Junmyeon? His head pounded, and he was completely disoriented. He stumbled down to an alley, groaning when his own body collided with the hard concrete wall.

God, he thought.

He's also confused why was he mad at Sehun in the first place when he said that they were the Guardians. What had gone through himself? Shaking his head, still confused, he continued to stumble down the street, each step becoming heavier for him.

And since when did he has a mother and father? Who abandoned him? Who threw him out from their own house? This is absurd, Baekhyun thought to himself, stomach lurching for some unknown reason. Since when did I forget?

Since forever, he himself replied.

Baekhyun looked up helplessly at the cloudy sky, night looming over them, as he heard a soft patter of water on the ground below him, and he shook his head in disbelief because mother of god it can't be raining-

The second drop of water was almost caught in his eye.

"Holy mother," he breathed, the water continuing to drop faster and harder. In just a mere minute, the drops became a full-blown rain, the water already seeping to his skin. Baekhyun, panicking, sprinted down the street, the sloshing sound his sneakers made when it met with the puddle on the pavement echoing through his whole surrounding.

He bites his lis because he's not sure where the hell is he now.

I'm wet, and now, I'm lost. Great. Just great. What a relief.

He ran to a secluded alley, known for its dangerous reputation, but Baekhyun didn't care. Baekhyun didn't care because he could blind those thugs by a simple movement with his hand, but still, he was wary.

The cause of Suho-hyung fainting is me. Holy, the cause is me.

Gritting his teeth, Baekhyun entered the most harmless-looking building on that alley. Thankfully, it was empty. But somehow, Baekhyun could feel something pulling him to be there.

He saw a glint on the corner of the room. 


Yixing felt his chest constrict.

The realization was too unbearable, seeing Xiumin helplessly cradled in Tao's arms. It was his fault, and yet, he didn't believe it. He's healing powers are supposed to heal, not wound. He was supposed to be shaken awake by Xiumin, him frightened by the amount of blood that was stuck in Lay's body, while his body being perfectly pristine, free from the blood, the bruises, and all the grime.

But Xiumin was bleeding. He was wounded.

But it wasn't supposed to happen. Yixing looked at the empty street, the chilling wind freezing his body. The stars were dim, and so was his eyes. It was clouded with so much sadness, so much sorrow, so much regret. Anger filled his mind, and the anger is directed to himself- because he should've healed him, not wounded Xiumin.

So much for being a Healer.

Yixing lets out a ragged breath as his own body shivers, his chapped lips afterwards. The smell of blood still lingered in his surrounding, causing him to crinkle his nose in disgust. He may be a healer, and of course he may have to be in close contact with blood, but the thickly liquid makes him sick to the guts.

Especially if it is one of the Guardians'.

He racked his memory, trying to find out why would he end up to wound Xiumin, but then a sudden sharp jolt froze his mind and he yelps, clutching his head in pain. The harder he tried to rack inside, the stronger the pain becomes, leaving him giving up to try.

He passed an abandoned antique shop, the inside of the shop still filled with products and old, forgotten things. Suddenly, he felt an unusual urge to direct his hand to the mirror on display, the glass grimy and full of dust.

Yixing saw something flicker, and he held his breath, because this all seemed to be albeit too familiar- he unconsciously let out a surprised yelp as he felt darkness envelop him-

And then his vision was clouded by a blinding white light that was almost as same as his.


"What the was Baekhyun-hyung thinking, leaving Suho-hyung alone."

Junmyeon could see, through the small slit of his eyelids, a shadow pacing back and forth, the steady and harsh footsteps rippling to his ears. He was hazed, dazed, but he carefully listened to the voice, hoping to recognize who uttered those harsh words. He tried to rack his mind, but they were all so hard to decipher, he gave up.

"Honestly, I'd deliver a tornado and whip him up right here right now to question that mother ing ."

Tornado? Junmyeon could hear someone slamming a door or cabinet, and then those loud footsteps became louder and louder. He tensed, furrowing his eyebrows in worry. Those footsteps become lighter, and slower, as someone crouched down and sat beside him.

"Hi hyung," the man breathed. "I hope you're okay, well, uh, Baekhyun-hyung left you alone inside that warehouse building, and I found you sprawled there, and there was," he gulped. "blood everywhere. And well, yeah, I uh, dragged you here and um, I, bathed you."

Awkward silence.

"So I hope you'll wake up hyung," the man said, clasping Junmyeon's hands into his. Junmyeon could feel the calloused texture the man's skin has, but it is still soft, contrasting to his own skin texture, that people call 'smooth'.

"Because I spent everything searching for you."

Junmyeon could feel a warm feeling welling in his heart, and he tried hard not to laugh or smile, because it would blow off his cover. He subtly grasped the man's hand, and he could hear him gasping, spewing oh my god he just responded to me.

He could feel the same person clumsily wrapping a bandage on his bloodied hand- not forgetting to wash it up and all of those procedures first- helping him to adjust his pillows, pulling the blanket up- and he decided that it was enough.

Suho smiled, and the other gasped, as Suho opened his eyes, staring amusedly at the person.

"Hi, Sehun-ah."


He stumbled down to the door, several students disturbed by the sound, looking at him, and then finally scoffing.

Luhan hid his face in shame, pushing up the bridge of his glasses even further. He timidly ran to the stairs, his small frame carrying him upstairs. His mind was still filled by that shrill scream, and he shakes his head again, not wanting to think about it.

His breath become shorter and ragged, and he paused mid-way, breathing in and out. He could see that the building was almost deserted, only those guards and several student were still residing in. Luhan shook his head again, continuing his flight to the eighth floor - he was still in the fourth floor. With all of his strength, he peeled himself off the wall, his legs taking him up.

The echos scared him- it felt as if it was the shrill scream he heard-

Don't you dare think of that, Luhan.

He was on the seventh floor, panting and wheezing, when he collapsed to the floor. He didn't know what caused him to be as exhausted to that- he usually can go up and down for 2 times- but he was physically and mentally drained. Luhan's mind was only filled by the unknown sight of blood spurting and the scream accompanying it.

A bag was on the front of a class door, the strap covered in ice.

He closed his mouth, feeling sick, as he coughed, tears unknowingly rolling on his cheeks. He felt scared.

Luhan doesn't know why.