circulus elementorum

Aeternalis (Discontinued)

 

*circulus elementorum: circle of elements


Tao let out an amused face. "Lay, do you know what will you do?"

Lay shook his head absent-mindedly, still staring at his hands. "No, I don't," he murmured.

"You break out from this Asylum," Tao whispered. That caught Lay's attention, and his head snapped up to meet Tao's grinning face. 

"No, I won't!" Lay said, horrified, and then threw his hand up. “It’s not legal!”

“But-“ Tao started off, only to be cut by Lay again.

Lay started rambling and ranting. "How am I ever going out from this wreck?! With me labeled as being insane, I don't know what will happen! If broke out, it will be over on the news! And you!" He jabbed his finger at Tao, causing him to flinch uncomfortably. "You! You'll be over 'Missing Person' and they will say kidnapped you when the idea of breaking out is by you!"

 "I wasn't thinking thoroughly, sorry," Tao murmured awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck. Lay sighed, and then patted the younger's head.

"Some plans need to be rationalized," Lay murmured darkly, thinking about the decision to separate the Tree in half.

A plan suddenly rang through Tao's head. "Lay," he said excitedly, "Bribe them."

Lay choked, and then slapped Tao's head. "I'm not going to be like me parents, you bumbling idiot," he whispered. "I need to prove to them that I'm a normal guy. But," he sighed. "How am I ever going to do that?"

Tao stared at him seriously. "Lay, prove to them that you're not insane. And well, if that's not sufficient," he shrugged, "Bribe them."

Lay sighed again. "I guess your right," he murmured. "Fine then. You talk to them. I'll show them that I'm a perfectly normal human."

Tao smiled sadly. "It's between going out or not going out at all, Lay. Sorry, but we need you." He hugged the older and smiled encouragingly. "We can do this, Yixing-gege."

Lay smiled amusedly. "It's okay, didi. It's not like I'm a criminal mastermind that needs to be locked in the deepest part of the scariest Asylum."

Tao laughed. "You know what, all twelve of us are freaks. We probably need to get to an Asylum now, too!"

"Now now, it's time to plan my escapade here, Huang Zitao."

"Fine then." Tao huffed. "Remember, I'm the first to be awakened, so I'm more mature than you, Yixing-ge." He stuck out his tongue. Lay smiled in amusement. 

"But I'm your gege, Zitao. I've got the perfect plan."


The man raised his eyebrows. "So he's perfectly fine now? That 'Lay' is gone, too?"

Tao nodded his head furiously. "When I heard Yixing was admitted to an Asylum," he explained pleadingly, "I know what's wrong. He's never insane! His parents are just misunderstanding. It's just- he had a trauma. But he's fine- that 'Lay' is the one that made him like this! If he's out there from the start, I'm sure he will never be insane! He's insane because he was locked here!"

The man hesitantly shook his head. "But he is insane..."

Tao shook his head. "I know Yixing's parents are bribing you! He's a freak right? Why is he not wailing or not responding like the other patients? Why is he able to respond to you and me? You money hungry fools!" He cried.

The Head Physicist widened his eyes. "…How did you know?"

"It's obvious, really!" Tao shouted back. The door creaked, and a very calm looking Yixing stepped out.

"Tao."

Yixing averted his now-sharp gaze to the man. He felt shivers bouncing up his spine. Yixing diverted his gaze at Tao, and he scurried off, locking the door. Without the Physicist knowing, he just stopped time.

Yixing jabbed his finger at him. "Money hungry people." He clucked his tongue in disappointment. "You want money, do you? If you want more money, you can have those too," he whispered on the man's ears. "I have my money outside, still in the bank. You know my family's rich. You know they can't get my money out, because well," he shrugged, "I ordered everyone to keep my account a secret."

The man was silent for a moment, and then, he gulped. "H-how much?"

"As much as we can without disturbing my life out there," Yixing simply stated, his face unreadable. "Really gullible, aren't you?"

The Physicist met his eyes. "You really aren't insane. Is your illness a joke, Mr. Zhang? Because you never were."

Yixing cocked his head sidewards. "Probably," he murmured. "I'm a different person now. I have something I need to fix. Something- important, I'd rather say."

The man coughed. "You can go now. I'll handle all the paper works for you."

"I'm still not forgiving you to actually fall into my parent's trap. What they want is what they get, remember, Mr. Ren."

The man stood still. Lay left him there, and Tao resumed time again. When Lay saw him, he sighed in relief, and went out to give the tightest hug he can to that younger boy.

"Lay-ge- I can't- breathe-"

"Shut it." Lay muttered. "Thank you and your existence, Huang Zitao."

"Rent a flat and claim it as the Headquarters of EXO-M."

Lay blinked. "What? What's EXO-M?"

"This world’s division of EXO," Tao stated plainly. And then his expression turned to a frown. "Oh yeah. I haven't told you half of EXO is at another dimension and the other half is in this world."

"WHAT?!" Lay shrieked.


Chanyeol tapped his fingers absent-mindedly, staring into space. Thank god his parent’s were asleep the time he got home from that- day.

Something’s up. He just knew it.

And he’s ready for it.


“You need to do some explanations,” Lay stated, finishing packing his newly bought clothes in his brand-new clothes closet, in his recently rented flat.

“I know, I know,” Tao shuffled apologetically, earning a disapproving glance from Lay. “Give me a break! It’s only been 6 hours since you got out from that Asylum, and now your house is completely furnished! I’m exhausted, gege!

“Those are new carpets, I don’t want to clean them up so soon.” That sentence made Tao roll his eyes.

“Ooh, a sassy Yixing-gege. But I really need to go home, my parent’s will kill me,” he mumbled, “I’ll stay for holidays, ge. The holiday is starting next week.”

“It’s been ages since I’ve been outside,” Lay said dreamily, ignoring Tao. “Everything’s changed, hasn’t it?”

“Everything, yeah.”

Lay flicked Tao’s forehead, making Tao groan. “Such a dumb boy,” he clicked his tongue in amusement. “Go home, idiot. I don’t want someone to say that I’ve kidnapped you.”

Tao grunted. “I’m going to seriously kick your with Wushu, Yixing-ge.”

“I’d just heal myself,” Lay replied breezily, and then plopped on the couch. “Oh Tao, wait. Just stop time, and explain it to me now.”

Tao blinked. “Yeah, that’s a good idea,” he smiled, and then clicked his fingers. The ticking slowed, and then it got into a halt.

“Explain to me about us being separated into 2 worlds,” Lay earnestly asked, fiddling with his fingers.

“Remember when Mother Nature said we’d split the Tree in half?” Tao asked, making Lay cringe, but Tao ignored it. “She planned to hide each of the halves on different worlds. We know the Tree is the Universe. And well, by splitting it into halves, we um- uh- created two universes?

Lay blinked. “…What?”

Tao’s face fell. “We um… we lost our memories when The Evil began to rise, Lay-ge.”

“Oh- oh.

“…So yeah.” Tao awkwardly says, making the older chuckle and then ruffle his hair.

“We’ll get through this,” Lay murmured. “Now go home, idiot. I don’t want that Physicist to report that I’ve kidnapped you.”

“As you wish, master.” Tao grinned, and then lifted himself up. “Enjoy your newly-found freedom.”

When he left, the clock started to tick again.


Sehun blindly and frantically shuffled at the streets, crowded because of the amount of people loaded up here. He wants- no- needs to find Baekhyun. It has been a day already.

This night, the star was twinkling brightly, lighting up the night’s sky. The hustle-bustle made Sehun feel claustrophobic. He needs some air- real, fresh night air.

Finally breaking free from the crowd, he sighed. This is so hard. He dragged himself to the river, where the town’s lights were reflected there. He leaned on the railing, sighing. Baekhyun-hyung, where are you.

He breathed out, puffs coming out. The air was cold, too cold, much to his preferences. Rubbing his hands together, he blew hot air on it, making his hand warm. He sighed in satisfaction.

He can control his powers.

His eyes drooped ever so slightly, but he then shook his head. Sort out your priorities, Oh Sehoon. You need to find Baekhyun-hyung.

Grumbling, he stretched, and then sat down on the bench not far from his spot. Today is the lousiest day ever.

The butterfly hovered around him, and suddenly, a faint crack resounded. Curiously, he cocked his head to the side.

“Psst. Sehun. You there?”

“Tao,” he breathed.

“I found Lay-ge,” Tao babbled, only to make Sehun flinch, annoyed.

“Well I haven’t,” he replied bitterly. “How did you find him, anyway?”

“Here’s a tip for you, Sehun,” Tao urged, sounding rushed. “I heard Lay’s mind-channel. Luhan worked with it quite well, it’s still working. I hear a snippet of ‘Asylum’. That’s why I knew where he was. Oh god, my parents are coming, good luck, Sehun-”

The faint whirring faded, and then the butterfly flew to the darkness. Sehun grumbled again. How is Mother Nature expecting me to do this?

"I need to go to the doctor- must be hallucinating- ah, there’s the bus stop-"

Sehun’s eyes widened at the voice. Baekhyun’s thoughts.

Abruptly, he stood, making himself a bit dizzy. He remembered that for the mind-channel to work, they must be an approximately 500 meters away- which means- the only bus stop in this 500-meter radius- was the bus stop he went to go here.

He jogged, his breath hitched. The realization dawned to him. I am going to see Baekhyun-hyung. I am going to see Baekhyun-hyung.

A new sense of feeling pumped in him- determination. Composing himself, he sprinted pass the people, making them roll their eyes at this hyper teenager.

He spotted the bus stop- he sighed in relief. He ran to it, but he didn’t know someone was running there, too-

Thud.

“OH MY GOD!” Someone screamed, making Sehun roll his eyes. He rubbed his temple, feeling the small bruise.

“There’s no need to be over-dramatic, it’s just a faint bruise, see-“

Sehun stopped his breathing. His mouth gulped his words down. The boy in front of him was a bright young man, looking disoriented, but still, lively-looking.

“Baekhyun-hyung,” Sehun breathed.

The man blinked, and then furiously pointed at him. “How did you know my name?! ANSWER ME!”

“There’s no need for it,” Sehun said, more to himself. “Let’s go, you need some explanations.”

He then dragged Baekhyun with him, ignoring his screeching protest. “WHO ARE YOU AND WHY DO YOU KNOW ME?! WHERE ARE WE GOING? I DEMAND AN ANSWER!”

“Shut up hyung,” Sehun silenced him, feeling a little light-headed. “You’ll find out soon enough.”


Tao grunted. The light was blinding him. He rose up, yawning, and turned to the clock.

13:47.

Rubbing his eyes, he walked to the bathroom for shower. It’s afternoon already, he thought, picking up his towel. I need to start researching about the Tree.

After his shower, he packed his backpack, feeling a little bit disoriented. His eyes drooped shut for a few times.

“Coffee,” he said out loud to himself. “Coffee. I need coffee.”

He flung his bag on his shoulders and hurriedly went down to the kitchen. It was clean and spotless. No one was home. He shrugged it away. Both of his parents must be in their office, and his siblings on school, studying.

He snagged the coffee jar, dunked some on his cup, and then poured hot water on it.

“!” he cursed when the jar spilled some of the boiling water on his hands. Isn’t it useful to be Lay-gege now.

Sighing, he cooled the burn with cold water and wrapped it with a bandage. Guess I’m not doing any punches for this week.

He slowly sipped the coffee, allowing himself to be re-energized. The faint whirring of the fan filled the silence. He allowed his foot to tap according the rhythm.

We need to find clues about what happened, and what is the solution to this bizarre problem. We need to find out the other Guardians- no wait, scratch that, EXOs- to fill the gaps on our memories.

Draining his coffee, he cleaned it up, and then walked off, feeling determined.


“WHERE ARE WE?!” Baekhyun bellowed. “WHO ARE YOU AND WHY DO YOU KNOW MY NAME?!”

“If you don’t shut up, I’m never going to explain,” the stranger replied airily, closing the door. Baekhyun marched to the living room, feeling agitated.

“I’m going to sit here, dangerous stranger,” Baekhyun spat, only to make the stranger shrug. “Come on, don’t just shrug, answer the question, idiot.”

The man made himself comfortable on the couch. “My name’s Oh Sehoon, you can call me Sehun. I’m 18 years old, by the way.”

Baekhyun’s eyes widened. “18?” he whispered. “HOW DID YOU GET SUCH STRENGTHS?!”

“I’m always that strong, really.” Stranger Sehun said. “Let me guess. Did you get nightmares and hallucinations every year on June 12th?"

“No,” Baekhyun answered Sehun flatly, even though his lips are trembling. How did he knew-

“Don’t lie,” Sehun bit his lip. “Just answer all of this truthfully, please.”

Baekhyun didn’t respond.

“In your nightmares and hallucinations, are you able to control light?

Baekhyun’s breath hitched. How did this stranger know about my abnormality-

“It’s not an abnormality,” Sehun flatly stated. That pulled the straw.

“OF COURSE IT’S AN ABNORMALITY, YOU DUMB !” Baekhyun denied, raging. “IF IT’S NOT AN ABNORMALITY, WHY DID MY PARENTS THREW ME OUT?! WHY DID THEY THREATHEN ME IF I DON’T LEAVE, I WILL BE SHIPPED TO AN ASYLUM? IF IT’S NOT AN ABNORMALITY, WHY AM I DREAMING OF BECOMING SOME GUARDIAN OR ?!”

Sehun’s eyes widened.

“Baekhyun-hyung,” he breathed. “It is really you.”

“You got the wrong person, freak.” Baekhyun snarled. “I’m leaving.”

That made Sehun’s face cold. “Go then,” he snarled back. “Go then, if you really ing want to, freak.

Baekhyun snatched Sehun’s key and unlocked the door, stomping outside.

It was after a few seconds when Sehun realized his mistake.

“Oh my ing god,” he whispered to himself. “I just made the biggest mistake an idiot could ever do.”


Tao jogged on the streets, still feeling a bit disoriented. It was already evening. The beautiful pastel-colored sky hovered over the people.

He found nothing about the Tree, found nothing about the rest of EXO, found nothing about what might had happened before they split the tree in half. Null. Zero.

Something made him glance to the side. It was a graveyard, hidden in the thick clusters of trees. Trusting his intuitions, he stealthily walked to the entrance. When he opened it, the fence creaked. He gave a shudder of discomfort.

His breath hitched when he found the graves, forming a circle, surrounding a big circle in front of him. The trees completely obscured the graves from sight, and it gives the impression that he’s not even there anymore. It was colorless- almost too bleak.

Curiously, he moved to the center.

He let out a shocked gasp-

The Circle of Elements.

Sharply looking up, in front of him, he found the description for this graveyard.

 

In Memoriam of June 12th

Suho – Baekhyun – Chanyeol – Kai – D.O – Sehun
Xiumin – Lay – Kris – Luhan – Chen – Tao

May the Guardians rest in peace, and may they be forever eternal

 

A dull thud told Tao he landed on the ground- no- what the hell is this-