nesciendo totaliter

Aeternalis (Discontinued)

 

*nesciendo totaliter: completely unknowing

Korea, June 12th


Jongin shifted his head, sweat dripping around his body. He can feel the beat of his heart, the blood pulsing in his veins, and every blink he made. His body felt cold, almost to the point of freezing. Then a sudden rush of heat crept on him. His body felt like it was being burned.

He bit his lip, trying not to yell in pain. Every year, at this very day, June 12th, his body behaves strangely like this. It started when he was 13. When he first felt it, he was already screaming in pain. His worried and completely bewildered parents took him to the hospital, where they gave him a Sedating Drug. It didn't work. He still was twitching, screaming in agony. The nurses took him on a sound proof room and waited until the morning, when he finally stopped, and slept for 2 days straight. He still shuddered when he recalled that memory.

From that day, there was never any occurrence like this. His parents and himself was convinced that it was only for once, and continued to live their normal life.

June 12th, when he was 14. His parents were out, believing that Jongin could take care of himself. He was sleeping soundly when the burning feeling came.

He clamped his hands onto his mouth to stop himself from shrieking and waking up the other neighbors. He felt the cold creeping on his skin, and then his whole body was iced. He yelped in pain when he ran off to the bathroom and vomited.

He shuddered, laid his back there, when a subtle voice was heard in his head.

"Split the tree in half. Create a new world, turn back time. Re-birth us."

He looked around frantically, getting up in his feet. There was no one in the house except for him. The pain was gone. Sighing, he turned the tap on, washing down the vomit.

He lay on his bed, and from that day, he learned not to tell anything about this to his parents.

The pain was gone. Jongin leapt back to reality. He groaned painfully. He drooped his eyelids as the pain slowly goes away.

I will be fine in the morning, he assured himself. I'm going to be fine.


Kyungsoo rubbed his eyelids. This is going to be a rough night, he thought to himself.

June 12th. Ah, what a glorious day it is. He smirked sarcastically.

He lay on his bed, breathing slowly. You will be fine.

A cold wind swept his face. He winced. This was no ordinary wind, no- it felt as if you been slapped with an iced hand. He twitched. 

And then darkness swept over him. He yelped- fortunately not loud enough to wake his parents. It was dark, absolutely black. He noticed that it was beginning to suffocate him, as he was gasping for breath.

Oh, Holy-

The wind hit him again, on his arm. He groaned in pain. And then the wind sliced his cheek.

Nonononono, I'm gonna die! He thought frantically as the blood dripped onto the collar of his outfit. And yes, I'm going to die-

The wind slapped him hard on his cheek, the severed cheek, which caused Kyungsoo to let out a silent scream.

Out of the darkness a hand appeared. He held Kyungsoo's neck, choking him.

He remembered the first day that he experienced this. He was 13, walking with the rest of his friends. They were chatting happily. He noticed that darkness was starting to build up around him. When he was going to ask his friends, a Hand appeared out of nowhere end grabbed him on the head, obscuring his sight. He yelped- then screamed- and he remembered nothing more.

He was awake at his own house, with his parents and friends beside him, looking worried. When he opened his eyes, sighs of relief was spread around the house. When he questioned what happened, his friends said that he had a blackout. Just before that, he yelped and screamed.

He asked if they saw anything odd. They said no. And then they excused themselves and left. Kyungsoo thought about it, but decided it was probably just a mere hallucination.

But then a year later, on the same date, The Hand appeared again, accompanied by a slap that was icy cold. He then realized that it was the wind.

He never told any of these to his parents.

He returned to reality when The Hand choked him even harder. He choked, his eyes bloodshot.

"Spare me," he croaked. The Hand tensed, and then it opened. As Kyungsoo was released, he let out a small sigh. The wounds and blood began to disappear. The Hand was trembling, and the wind was gently caressing his face, like it was trying to apologize.

When he blinked his eyes, he was then laying on his bed, just like always. When it was over, he was back at the place where he was before.

He whimpered, wrapping his blanket tighter.

You're gonna be alright, he thought to himself. You're going to be fine.


Junmyeon was in his bathroom. Locked. Everyone else was sleeping. He sighed as he ruffled his hair. Messy. No wonder people avoided him. He looked like trash.

June 12th. He circled the date in his calendar with an angry red marker. It was the date he hated the most, the day when pain hit him. He didn't know what caused it. Probably it was because he's cursed. He could only wonder.

He lay at his bathtub. It was filled with icy cold water. He didn't mind, because he was still dressed with his clothes. He learned a few years back about the trick. 

He was going to get out of the bathroom when he was dressed after shower. The pain came.

Junmyeon mentally kicked himself, and groaned in disgust. He lost his balance and fell into the bathtub, which thankfully, has not been drained by him.

The water soothes him, and mildly lessened the pain. The light that comes with it does not blind him, although it is still strong. Then it disappeared, and he felt light.

He practically skipped to dinner that day.

The light came. This was odd, after years of being immersed in the bath tub, he began to feel that the light was blinding him.

Ohno, he thought, suddenly alarmed. Ohnopleasetellmethisisn'trealpleaseplease-

When the light faded, he was no longer in his bathroom.

Stupid! He cursed himself. Stupidstupidstupid!

The ground shook. He winced. Even though it was small, he can practically feel his bones shaking. It was a displeasing sensation.

In the back of his mind, a chant was heard.

"Careless, careless. Shoot anonymous, anonymous. Heartless, mindless. No one who care about me?"

It continues, never ending, a perfectly practiced chant.

Junmyeon stood silently. His body began to relax. The shaking stopped. The lights died out. Without even knowing, his body performed a fully chorused dance move. He felt himself flow with the dance and suddenly- waves of water started flowing from his hand, forming streaks of water as he danced.

This is so easy, he thought to himself, snickering. If I'd known our powers would be reawakened by just doing this, we would have collected every member of EXO-

He froze. The water splashed down. He stood there, not knowing what happened.

EXO? Powers?! Reawakened?! What the hell was I thinking?

He stepped back cautiously. Another step, another step, another step-

He blinked his eyes. He was back at his bathtub, his clothes wet.

He quickly re-dressed himself and went to his bed. It's just a dream, he assured himself. It's just a hallucination. You'll be okay.


Baekhyun sighed in despair. It's June 12th. The Day- whatever it was.

His stomach knotted inside. It's beginning, he thought grimly.

He looked upwards. He was in his living room. He lived alone. He ran away from his parents, after they'd known about his unnatural power. They called him a freak with disgusted faces, their eyes glinting with hatred. He could never know why they were so upset about this. He ran away from them, having his own money. For a normal person, he was probably counted as "rich".

His stomach began to churn, and when he blinked, it was a whole other world.

Water surrounded him. He sighed. Please, he wished silently. Please, no lighting today.

But of course, the lighting came. Baekhyun yelped in pain. He felt his skin burn. The water flowed back, and then slapped his cheek. As if it was taunting him. A red well began to stir on his cheek. He grumbled.

He felt light coming on his way. He didn't really think about it. He was always able to bring the light there, to wash away the water and the lighting. He looked at the sky. The light was still far.

Deep in his mind, Baekhyun knows that this was not normal. He shouldn't be able to control light. He was a normal human, a normal human who probably tweaked some of the God's powers. He felt himself weaken by the prospect of it, but the light instead grew strong and moved to him quicker.

He was always calm at times like this. That's why he was often picked as a leader of a group. He was prepared for situations like this.

But not with the action. For fighting, it was off from his range. But when he controlled the light and fought of the water and lighting, he felt- so relaxed, so natural. It felt like it was meant to be.

Baekhyun shook his head. No time to dwell in the past, he thought mournfully.

A sudden image shot up in his mind. Twelve men in black long cloaks... A circle with intricate patterns embellishing it... A Wave of Elements... Light...

He suddenly felt confident, felt more powerful than ever. He put his hands in front of him. When the light came, he focused himself to muster the strength and focused on banishing the elements. When he opened his eyes, the elements were gone.

He sighed in relief, and took a deep breath. He closed his eyes, and then opened it again.

When he did, he was still sitting comfortably on the couch where he was sitting previously.

You're gonna be alright, he said to himself, confident. You're gonna be fine. I promise.


Chanyeol was sitting on a broken bench. His eyes were darting to every direction anxiously, looking for some sort of metal ball chasing him. He knows that this sounds crazy, but it was true. June 12th was probably when he was at his paranoid moments. His friends usually called Chanyeol the “Happy Virus” because he always brought laughter to their faces. But they didn't know his secret.

There was a buzzing sound in his head. He knew that it was near, the thing. He got up and quickly ran to the abandoned mansion. He soon learned he could not stay in his house, because it would cause utter chaos when he was running away from it. He would hit the vases, the window, because he was running blindly and he didn't care.

The metal whooshed in front of him. He stopped dead in his tracks. The moonlight was gently rippling on the floor. Rumors were that this mansion was haunted. He doesn't mind. If there's something more demented than this mansion, it's his hallucinations.

Whoosh.

He ran and ran.

Coward.

He tried to block the sound out of his mind, and concentrated on his running. Thump, thump. His shirt was damp, and he was sweating. His heart was beating rapidly. The buzzing grew clearer, clearer, and clearer. It finally blocked his hearing.

"STOP!" Chanyeol screamed. "STOP!" He said, crouching down.

Hiding behind normal humans, the voice hissed. You know you're not normal, are you? So why are you hiding like this?

"Please stop," Chanyeol begged, his voice cracking. "Please."

He could practically hear a smirk inside his mind. He choked back his tears. Please, he begged silently. Please. Then he heard a chuckle. Never.

His mind exploded with bursts of bomb. He continued to shriek.

Stopstopstopstopstop- PleaseI'lldoanythingjuststopwhateveryou'redoing- Please-

It suddenly faded. Just like that. He was silent for a moment, breathing in, breathing out. Chanyeol shook his head, bewildered. He sat up and breathed deep breaths, waiting for the headache to go away. It was always like this. Chanyeol shook his head and headed towards his house. He'd always feel unsettled after that, and he'd be sick for several days. He just hoped that his parents would not be awake by now, or else he was in real trouble.


Sehun didn't know what to think. He remained silent for the whole day. It was the day, that day. Sehun was normally a quiet person, not socializing much. But this day, he was really quiet. He truthfully didn't know what to do. June 12th was probably the worst day of his life.

He sighed.

He waited until dawn. His eyes never drooped shut. He waited for the pain to come.

It never did.