chapter three: "Telling off the teacher"

Birthday Parties

 

warnings; swearing. . . . You know, don't like, pretend it says, . shat. witch. LOL

 

 

 

Birthday Parties

 

 

 

 

“Taemin put your shirt on! You have to wear your clothes, all of them, do you think Minho wants to be around a shirtless pretty boy?!” Sungjong hollers loudly, angry that his son can’t even get his shirt on, even though he’s now 6 years old (granted he’s only been 6 for 3 weeks…)

 

Jinki would be turning 10 in a few months; and heck, Sungjong (for once) felt like he’s finally becoming old.

 

Well, middle-aged, he’s still incredibly pretty, and he still has baby smooth skin – so wrinkles can wait.

 

Myungsoo, even though they didn’t directly talk after their argument at Taemin’s birthday party 3 weeks ago, he didn’t seem affected by Taemin after that. Actually, after the party Myungsoo asked if they could take turns driving the kids to school, every 2 days they switch. (Though Sungjong has high suspicions that Myungsoo's wife is probably responsible for this set-up). 

 

“Hurry, hurry, Myungsoo-hyung is waiting!” Sungjong hollers, frustrated on why Taemin is being so goddamn difficult today, “Taemin, dammit, hurrrry!”

 

“Dad, where’s my math homework?” Jinki asks in a high-pitched worried voice.

 

“Living room, under the chair!” Sungjong screams loudly, snatching Taemin off the stairs and throwing Taemin’s school bag onto his shoulders, Taemin crosses his arms, pouting and annoyed with this whole situation.

 

Sungjong swears it’s been 7 minutes since Myungsoo honked outside and he can practically feel the others impatience swarming into his house.

 

A loud knock erupts on the door, and Sungjong (holding Taemin’s history homework in his mouth, Taemin tucked underneath his armpit, and holding Jinki’s back pack, all at once) he flings himself to the door and pushes it open, practically shoving grumpy-minnie into Myungsoo’s arms.

 

“Oh god, just take him!” Sungjong wails, “he’s being so difficult, Jinki! Dammit, hurry up!”

 

“Dad I can’t find it! Taemin ate my homework again!”

 

“WHY DID YOU EAT HIS HOMEWORK AGAIN?” Sungjong screeches out in frustration, “NOTE NOTE NOTE, GET ME PAPER, I’LL WRITE A NOTE!”

 

Myungsoo – baffled, probably – blinks and places Taemin’s clothes on him properly as he waits for Sungjong and Jinki to sort out their .

 

Jinki comes hopping out towards the front door, clothes half on, shoes untied, glasses falling off his nose – “pen, did you bring a pen?”

 

I’m late, Sungjong thinks miserably when he glances at the clock in the kitchen, Taemin is definitely grounded when I get home.

 

“I don’t want to go to school!” Taemin wails in Myungsoo’s arms, Myungsoo doing his best to soothe Taemin and coax him into putting his shirt on properly.

 

“Too bad!” Sungjong snaps back, messy handwriting scrawling onto the paper as he shoves it back into Jinki’s hands, “I don’t care if you fought with Minho, sort it out, you made me late! Grounded, the both of you!” He growls viciously, “and I didn’t have my coffee, good luck hyung, their all yours, I have to go, Jinki lock the house!”

 

“But – fine” Jinki bites out, giving his dad a nasty glare after being told he’s going to be grounded, watching as his dad scrambles towards his car, backing out the drive way before Myungsoo can even register what just happened.

 

“Um,” he says blankly,

 

“I don’t want to see Minho-hyung!” Taemin wails desperately fidgeting, Jinki locking up the house, placing his note into his backpack before putting it over his shoulder.

 

“You got us grounded!” Jinki says, stomping his foot down when he’s officially locked the door, “that means were going to be babysat by Hoya-appa again!”

 

“I don’t wanna!”

 

“Kids, we have to go to school now.” Myungsoo says calmly, walking towards the car and throwing Taemin into the back seat, beside Minho (who honestly had been pretty stubborn this morning, but not as stubborn as Taemin, obviously)

 

“This is going to be a long day” he sighs out, feeling a heavy weight on his heart, tell him that today will be a bad day.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sungjong had gone thru the day, first by being scolded by his boss (who eventually pitied him for being a single father) then ing at his co-workers (because dammit, he didn’t get his coffee this morning), Jessica, as if sensing today would be a bad day for him brought him coffee and saved everyone from more of his never-ending yness.

 

When it was time to pick up the kids from school, he wasn’t in the least shocked when Taemin looked beyond happy, skipping with Minho’s hand in his – what surprised him was a gloomy Myungsoo and Taemin’s teacher lagging behind the ‘happy couple’.

 

“Perfect” Sungjong hisses, pulling down the mirror to check his appearance before deeming himself worthy before snapping the mirror back in place, rolling down the window.

 

“Yes?” He asks in a smiley polite voice, and teacher sighs, smiling back.

 

“Would it be okay if I talked to you and Mr. Kim, in privacy?” She asks nicely, and Sungjong checks the time and nods, because Hoya promised he’d visit tonight and bring the kids some snacks from Japan.

 

“That’s fine” Sungjong says opening his door and jumping out, locking the door behind him and they begin to walk back into the school, Jinki gingerly following behind Sungjong (still cranky that he’s grounded).

 

When they enter the empty classroom, Jinki, Minho and Taemin with another teacher playing while him and Myungsoo are left with the female teacher, whom had more than just a bit of worry in her eyes.

 

“Firstly, I’d like to say Taemin is a very good student,” she says softly, and Sungjong nods.

 

“Jinki and Taemin sit down and study for every night after dinner, Jinki keeps him in track.”

 

“That’s good,” she says – putting on a bit of a forced smile, Sungjong refrains from narrowing his eyes, “do Minho and him often hang out?”

 

“Yes…?” Sungjong says slowly, “Myungsoo-hyung and I take turns driving them to school, and I assume they hang out during lunch.”

 

“Yes, yes they do.” She agrees, nodding “it’s I’m a bit worried about their… relationship.” She says slowly, sighing as she interwines her fingers, “at first I pushed it aside as innocence, just two friends doing friendly things, I mean I have had lots a children like them in the past – mostly boys, too.”

 

“Then what’s any different?” Myungsoo says coldly – even though both have a feeling where this conversation might lead –

 

“I talked to Taemin, Sungjong-ssi, I’m worried that your son might… he might have emotional issues, considering his mother is a ‘bad’ figure in his life, does he see her often?”

 

“Once or twice a year” he replies instantly, “I try to keep her from seeing them as much as possible.”

 

“I have reasons to believe your son is gay, I mean –“

 

“And?” He hisses, “he’s 6 years old, you can’t just decide if he likes men or woman already he –“

 

“He doesn’t talk to the girls in his class, and when I try to get him to talk to them he always says ‘they’re bad, girls are bad, I don’t like girls’, Sungjong-ssi, with all due respect, if you don’t get a woman figure into his life, your son will become an outcast when he gets older.” She cuts off cleanly, sighing loudly. “I’m worried about Minho as well, even though he talks to girls and has a multitude of friends, he’s hell bent on saying ‘I love Taemin’ constantly, I asked him why and he said it’s because they’re married and that Taemin is pretty.”

 

“He is” Sungjong says proudly, “he is my son.”

 

“Conceited,” Myungsoo snorts out (earning a pout/glare from Sungjong) before answering her unspoken questions “Minho has always been like that, once he decides he likes something he’ll follow it until he can’t anymore.”

 

“Aren’t you two in the least worried, this isn’t normal…”

 

“I don’t know any woman” Sungjong says slowly, “I mean I have my co-workers and such, but I don’t know anyone I’m really close enough too … If he can’t handle being around girls when he’s older, I’ll put him in an all guys school. What else can I do? I can’t tell him to stop liking Minho, their friends…”

 

“I have no problems with this” Myungsoo says after a few minutes of silence.

 

I can’t believe this, homophobic Myungsoo, not caring about his son turning into a homo?

 

“Also Sungjong-ssi… I talked to Jinki.”

 

“Uh, why?” He asks slowly, scratching the back of his head in nervousness – one never knows what Jinki will say, it’s like the kid is legit out to get him.

 

“Just to see how things are at home, I do respect you immensely, raising kids yourself, and Jinki has only good things to say – I mean, children often complain about their parents being bossy and mean, so everything seems rather normal at home but you see… Sungjong-ssi are you possibly, involved with other men?” He coughs loudly at that, patting his chest before looking at her with confused eyes.

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“It’s just when I asked about if you had lovers or anything, Jinki couldn’t say anything but ‘Well, Hoya-appa comes around a lot, I don’t think daddy is dating anyone.’ I have no reason to judge –“

 

“Hoya and I aren’t romantically involved, he just helps me a lot, he practically raised them with me – I don’t know if you understand, no offence, I was abandoned by my own wife, I was only 20 years old and I had a newborn baby and a 3 year old to take care of, Hoya told me ‘don’t worry, just take care of them, I’ll give you all the money you need’, I wouldn’t be surprised if Taemin actually thinks me and Hoya are both his father.” He interrupts quickly, raising from his seat, “I would like it if you left me and my children alone, if Taemin turns out gay like you’re implying, I don’t care, I’ll still love him no matter what, right now, he’s only 6 and the only thing he needs to worry about is putting on his shirt properly in the morning. Do you understand me?” 

 

Myungsoo seemed just as shocked with his outburst as he was himself.

 

I must seem like an actual father now, maybe I can still have a chance at this whole ‘ing Myungsoo the hottie’ thing.

 

He smirks at the idea, before sauntering out to get his kids.

 

Well, he thinks in his diva mental voice, that isn’t such a half-bad idea.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

A/N: LOL SUNGJONG USING YOUR CHILDREN TO BAIT IN GAY MEN I SEE.

SHAME ON YOU. LOLOLOLOL

Enjoooooy, please commmmmentt :DD

they make me spew out .