Chapter 4

Where is my Love?

After making sure we’ve gotten all the stuff on the shopping list, Cheondoong oppa and I left the mart but not before getting ourselves some ice cream.

“How on earth could you not like strawberry flavor? I mean, it’s the best flavor in the world!” So Cheondoong oppa was rambling while driving, about how I had chosen chocolate chip over strawberry ice cream. He made a sharp turn down the road and some ice cream had gotten onto the tip of my nose.

“I don’t know, I just happened to like chocolate chip more than strawberry, and can you be gentler on the turning? Urgh.” I groaned, attempting to wipe off the ice cream off my nose but ended up getting it onto my sleeve too.

“Whoops, sorry!” He chuckled and drove into the garage, turning off the engine and plucking out the key.

“But I-” Cheondoong oppa paused while he turned to face me.

“But what?” I raised an eyebrow.

“Your cheek,”

Before I could react, I felt a pair of soft plum lips on my left cheek.

“You’ve got ice cream on your cheek. How do you even eat it?” He his lips and sent me a wink, our faces are just inches apart and I can feel his breath hitting on my lips. He pulled back and got out of the car while I sat there with the feeling of my cheeks heating up.

I definitely did not see that coming.  

“We’re home, kiddy.” I heard a knock on the car window and Cheondoong oppa had already gotten all the grocery bags from the back. I hurried and got off the car, trailing behind him into the house.

“I’m not a kid! I’m already legal, 18 and above.” I’ve always hated when people call me a kid, it makes me feel as if I can’t take care of myself. After appa and umma’s accident, I made a mental note to be independent and not let oppa worry about me when he’s already full of stuffs to handle.

“But you can’t eat an ice cream without getting it on your face.” Cheondoong oppa snorts and sticks his tongue out at me.

“That’s because you can’t drive properly,” I stick out my tongue out back at him and protest.

We made our way into the kitchen and Cheondoong oppa left the bags on the counter, taking a can of soda and tossing me one.

~

So it’s been a month since I’m living in this house. G.O oppa as usual, cooks for us during the days when his vocal coaching lessons ends early and I will offer help with the grocery shopping whenever he’s busy. He’s a really sweet person and I’m glad I have him when oppa’s not around. On a second thought, he’s a lot like oppa which makes me misses Onew even more.

Mir oppa is as noisy as usual, quite a chatterbox himself and loves to crack jokes that totally makes no sense, slowly drowning us in the awkward silence when none of us laughed. But he’s the best guy friend I’ve ever had and that’s all because I’ve found out his weakness. Aegyo. Whenever I have tons of homework to complete, he’s the one I’ll look for. Mir oppa is actually one hell of a smart underneath all of that goofy smiles. Right, never judge a book by its cover.

I’ve noticed that Joon oppa is missing-in-action these few weeks. He claims that he is working on choreography for a school’s annual Performing Arts workshop that turns out to be my school. Well, I think it’s true because I did see him appearing in the campus a couple of times this week, but the rest thinks he’s lying and that he’s busy with some other stuffs.

What about me? I can’t be any better than now. Having Cheondoong at home makes me feel safe and sound. I know it sounds weird but yeah, I feel safe with him around. Maybe it’s because he’s the first one who I’ve really talked to. Like those kind of deep heart-to-heart talks. We have been hanging out a lot these days and I had found myself slowly opening up to him, telling him parts and parcels of my past. He’s a good listener and maybe that’s why I feel safe with him.

Seungho oppa? I can tell he’s been busier these few days with his company, not that I’m surprised. But he’s always getting home late at night these few days and I’ve realized that he had skipped dinner a few times too. His dark circles seem to be worse than before and yet he still insists on driving me to school every morning. It’s not even hard to tell that he is actually dead tired and not been sleeping at night. Whenever I ask if he’s alright, he just brushes it off with a slight smile.

It’s another night during dinner and as usual, Mir oppa is the talkative one who has his mouth filled with food but still manages to rant about how his day went.

“Then I got this call from Seungho hyung to go over to his company after school and it turns out that he needed me to fill in the place for his secretary.” Mir oppa scoffed.

“Yah, who was I supposed to call when I know that you’re the only one who’s free at that moment? Besides, you’ve gotten you pay for the day isn’t it?” Seungho oppa loosen his tie a little more and sighed.

“Fine, at least I’ve got my pay.” Mir oppa grinned in satisfaction.

“Why do you need Mir to fill in the place for your secretary anyway?” G.O oppa chirps in.

“My secretary took a last minute day off, her son’s very ill and she had also applied for a one week off, which means, Mir, you have to fill in her place for another week.” Seungho oppa rubs his temples. That explains all the stress he’s having all these while.

“AH HYUNG! No way! I’m not going to fill in her place for the next whole week! I have a project that I’m working on in school, I’m not available.” Mir oppa is finding all possible kinds of excuses to escape away.

“I think I can help.” I said before even realizing what I’ve actually said. Immediately, I feel all eyes in the room on me.

“Are you sure Soomin ah?” Cheondoong oppa asks as he look at me with his eyes filled with concern.

“Soomin ah, it’s not an easy task, plus Seungho hyung’s really a meannie  during work.” Joon oppa warns me as he took a sip of the seaweed broth.

“What? Oh c’mon guys, relax a little, it’s not like I’m going on a suicide mission or something. I mean, I have nothing after school and I think I should help a little since I’ve not been doing much compared to you guys who had done so much for me. I’ll like to help.” I shrugged and wonder if Seungho oppa is really a “meannie” when he is working.

“Soomin ah,” Seungho oppa sighed, “You don’t have to do this if you don’t want, you know? No burden, of course it’s nice of you to offer your help, but it’s seriously not an easy job.”

“Guys, I know all of you are concerned, but I think I can handle it. I wanna make some contribution too. I really can’t stand myself living here as if I’m giving nothing but trouble and besides, it’s only for a week, right?” I give an assuring smile, trying to convince them to let me help.

Yes, I’m that kind of person who doesn’t like to owe people any favors. That’s one thing I’ve found out about myself ever since appa and umma left and we’ve received so much help from the others. I don’t want people to provide me help just because they pity on me and I certainly don’t want others to think that I am taking advantage of my current situation to gain anything.

“Soomin ah,”  There goes another sigh and it's from G.O oppa this time.  

“Alright then, I know where you’re coming from. Yes, it’s only for a week so you can give it a try. But I’m only agreeing to it cause I really need a secretary.” Seungho oppa said. I can tell that he’s kind of defeated by me, insisting on helping out and he’s really in need of a secretary.

I let out a chuckle and grinned in victory. At least now I don’t feel like I’m living here like a burden to them. That’s the least I can do and plus, I have really much time after school, considering how much lesser assignments I have to complete since I have Mir oppa to help me out with some of them. Hyemin’s been up to something lately too. Whenever I call her, I’m being put to voicemail and it’s starting to get on my nerves. That’s it, enough of the voicemails, she’s gonna get it from me tomorrow morning.  

 

 

Hey guys, how's life? I'VE FINALLY MADE AN UPDATE. Yep. How was it? I'll like to apologize for such a short one though :/ I've been cramped up with so many things in life lately and I swear that the tons of examnitaions I'm having are not helping at all. *sighs* But I'm looking forward to continue this fanfic and I hope you are too :) Please comment and subscribe!! You guys are beautiful ;)
 

   Lots of Loves, 

♦cloudycandy♦