Dinner

Will Everything Turns Out Well?

 

Her POV.

“Dara ah, I thought you are having dinner with the Kwons tonight? Why are you still here? Palli! Go home now it’s already 5pm! You better show a good impression!” Bom unnies’ voice could be heard from the door to my office.

Well, she always drops by my office when omma called her to ask me to go home because I always ignore her calls. I’m such a bad daughter. Aigoo.

“Darn. I totally forgot about the dinner and I still have tons of work to do.” I mumbled to myself.

“Unnie, can I not go for the dinner? I mean I still have tons of work to do. Come on, you don’t want to see Parks’ Hotel and Resort to go down the drain just because I picked the wrong place to build one right?” I tried to plead.

“Yah! You better get your into your car or I will call Teddy oppa to come and drag you home!” Bom unnie threatened.

Aigoo, now I having to bring home my unfinished work. There goes my weekend, I can’t even say TGIF.

10 minutes later, I’m already inside my black Rolls Royce car and hoping there’s no traffic jam along the road because I don’t want omma to look like a Tarzans’ wife.

“Mr Lee, you can drive off now. Please drive along a road which has less traffic I don’t want omma to become a crazy woman if I reach home late.” I told our driver.

“Deh Dara-shii. I also don’t want to end up cleaning her favourite garden if I send you home late.” Mr Lee said.

He has been with us since I was born and he’s also my personal driver. A kind old man which had been cleaning ommas’ favourite garden whenever she went crazy and ruined it. I pity him.

I just stared out the window, thinking about my future which was being planned by my parents. Will he be able to take care of me? Will he be a responsible man? Will I have to spend less time at work and try to go home early everyday but will he sacrifice his freedom to make this work out for us? I believe I don’t want to get married twice but if this tie doesn’t work between us, I wouldn’t want to get married again. I just hope for the best.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

His POV.

“Yah Jiyong! Are you free tonight? Let’s go to the club. I heard that your girlfriend is back from Japan. Don’t you miss her?” Youngbae, my bestfriend the manager of Kwon Motor Co., asked while walking into my office.

“I can’t. I have to attend a dinner with the Parks tonight. Didn’t I told you about that?” I questioned him back; well I don’t want my dad and Minzy to sleep outside because of me tonight. As bad as I am, I still love Minzy and she is the only sister that I have.

“Oh yeah, aren’t you supposed to go…” an intruder cut Youngbae from finishing his sentence…

Guess who is it?

“OPPA! IT’S 4PM! PALLI! WE HAVE TO GO HOME NOWWWW! I DON’T WANT TO SLEEP OUTSIDE. PALLI OPPA PALLI!” Minzy banged my office door while stomping in and both me and Youngbae was startled by the intruder.

“Chill yooo! How are you Minzy?” Youngbae asked her.

“Yah dongsaeng ah, why are you here? Aren’t Mr. Kim supposed to send you home from school?” I asked her while packing my stuff for I know she will mess up my table if I don’t start moving and that will frustrate me a lot.

“Ah, I’m fine Youngbae oppa! Heh. I asked Mr. Kim to send me here to remind you that we have to reach home at 5pm and you will seriously have to drive in a supersonic speed because the traffic jam is so bad right now.” She said. Ah, my loud and sweet dongsaeng… T.T

“Aigoo, if oppa never drive fast then I will freeze out tonight. It’s gonna be a cold night. T.T” She muttered.

“Youngbae ah, please help me tell Kiko that I am busy and I will meet her soon. I can’t promise when but soon. Talk to you later at night. Let’s go Minzy ah.” I said after packing my stuff and ready to go.

“Annyeong Youngbae oppa, let’s eat lunch together one day!” Minzy told him.

Aish, this little girl… She can still think about eating lunch with Youngbae and not with me! Yes, I’m a jealous brother!

“Okay Minzy ah. Take care of your brother neh!” Youngbae said while showing his eye smile to her.

Aish these two people!

 

A few minutes later, we’re already on the road on the way back while Minzy keep on blabbering about what happened at school while I just nod and once in a while response to her question.

We reached home just 5 minutes before 5pm and the moment we went into our living room, we saw appa on the couch watching tv. We walked towards the couch and Minzy put down her bag pack on the floor and lie down on the couch while resting her head on appas’ lap. I just sat on the other couch not wanting to sit beside that smelly girl while taking off my coat.

“Ah, my children are back already. You guys have to get ready. We’re going out at 6.” Appa said.

I just sigh and start to make my way back to my room while ing my dress shirt.

I heard Minzy whined about her being tired while appa sternly told her to get ready.

“Yah oppa, stop getting out of your room! Can’t you undress inside your room? Oh my god, how will Sandara unnie be able to live with you for the rest of her life?!” Minzy said while running away from me.

“Aish, she’ll probably get used to me after a while. Unlike you little kid. Anyway, you will miss me one day dongsaeng ah.” I told her.

Am I really prepared to be tied to someone I barely know? Will this work out for us? For I know, I just want to be the last man she wants to be with on earth.

[At 6.30PM]

We reached Parks’ mansion with 2 cars, one is Cadillac DTS that was driven by Mr Kim, Minzys’ driver that drives me and Minzy there and a white Maybach Landaulet that was driven by Mr Han, appas’ driver that drives appa and umma to the mansion. And as expected the design of the mansion looks as stunning as their hotel and resorts. The moment we step our foot out of the car, a woman that I believe is Mrs Park Si Yeon walk out of the mansion to welcome us in.

“Annyeong BoA-shii and Sang Woo-shii. It has been a while since we last met. Ah, this must be Kwon Minzy and Kwon Jiyong.” Mrs Park said while smiling to us.

“Annyeong Mrs Park, you can just call me Jiyong.” I said while bowing.

“Annyeong Mrs Park, you can just call me Minzy.” Minzy said while bowing.

“Deh, this is our Minzy and our Jiyong.” Umma said while hugging Mrs. Park.

As soon as they loosen the hug, a black Rolls Royce car stops behind our Cadillac DTS and Maybach Landaulet. And a pretty lady went out of the car with a fear expression on her face. She made her way beside Mrs. Park and bowed.

“Annyeong, I’m Sandara Park but you can call me Dara. I’m sorry for reaching home after the guest reached because I got caught up by the bad traffic just now.” She said while smiling and bowing again.

“Ah, it’s okay… Si Yeon-shii you really have a pretty daughter. I bet my grandchildren will be as pretty and as handsome as our children.” Umma said while giggling with Mrs. Park.  Our face flushed as we glanced at each other.

‘I must not fall for her. This marriage is only because we were forced into this.’ I said to myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Her POV.

“Ah, it’s quite cold outside lets go in and meet the rest of the family. Jung Min has been busy in his home office because our Dara will soon officially take over the company and he wants everything to go smoothly. Teddy and Jihyo is already inside with Harang, their little boy.” Omma said while smiling.

Everyone made their way in while I took my stuff from Mr Lee. Mr Lee just gave me an encouraging smile which tells me that everything will be okay.

“Oh Mr Lee, you can rest for the night. If I want to go out later, I will just drive by myself or ride one of my bikes.” I told him.

“Deh Dara-shii. Goodnight.” Mr Lee said while walking towards his room in the house. Well, his family do stay our house. We have too many rooms in the house so we decided to let our drivers and maids to live in the house too along with their family if they are old like Mr Lee.

I sighed and walked into the house and saw everyone was already laughing and enjoying themselves talking to one another in the living room. I made my way to them while passing my stuff to the maid and told them to just put my stuff outside my home office. No one dares to go into my room and home office without my permission. I sat beside Harang on the floor and played with him. I felt like as if someone was looking at me so when I glanced towards Jiyong, it caught him off guard and he quickly turned towards my father who had been waiting for Jiyong to answer his answer. The room went silence when Jiyong stuttered while answering appas’ question.

“Ah, I bet everyone is enjoying the talk but lets talk over dinner because the food may get cold later and it won’t be nice” Omma said to ease the awkward silence.

“Deh, lets go. I wouldn’t want to serve a cold meal after everyone had a long day neh.” Appa said while smiling.

Everyone smiled while making their way to the dining hall. I insist on carrying Harang when Jihyo unnie keeps on saying that I just got back from work and I’m tired and Harang is very heavy and stuff but I just want to play with him a little longer.

“Harang ah, aunt Dara will bring you out one day neh? We will buy toys and we will play together neh?” I said to Harang. Harang just smiled while touching my face with his 2 small palms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She didn’t realised that there is someone else starring at her playing with Harang and wondering how will she treat her own children.

As time pass by, both parents were enjoying themselves talking to one another while Teddy literally interview Minzy about her talents in singing and dancing. Jihyo was just paying her attention to the conversation that was going on around the table. Dara never failed to feed Harang and laughing with him. Jiyong on the other hand was just stealing glanced at her while eating his food. Keeping in mind how gentle she was and how a perfect mother and wife she could be forgetting about being the jerk he wants to be.

The finished off their dinner with dessert prepared by Jihyo. Jihyo prepared caramel pudding which tastes as delicious as it looks.

After dinner, they sat in the living room discussing about the matter that has been in mind since they met just now.

“So Jiyong ah, are you sure you agree with this marriage? Will you be able to take care of my only princess and understand her? I wouldn’t want to marry my daughter off to someone that couldn’t take care of my daughter. She is the only heir I have as Teddy decided to open his music company.” Mr Park asked him.

The atmosphere change from a lively one to a more serious one. Everyone was waiting for his answer. Dara just sat beside Jihyo grabbing onto Jihyos’ dress waiting for his answer because she couldn’t play with Harang anymore as he went to sleep the moment Jihyo carried him just now. She doesn’t know whether she will be happy or sad if he agrees to it.

“My only wish to see my grandfather happy and as I step my foot into this house, I’ve made my mind to marry your princess Mr Kwon.” Jiyong answered with confidence. But no one knows what is stored deep down inside his heart. Does he really agree to give 100% into this relationship or just 50/50?

Everyone was so excited the atmosphere changed. But Jiyong who was sitting opposite Dara wondered whether she’s happy with his decision or not because she was just looking down on her lap.

“Dara ah, you’re gonna get married soon. I bet it will turn out as good as me and Teddy oppas’ marriage. Be confident neh?” Jihyo whispered to her.

“Deh unnie. I just hope for the best.” Dara whispered while still looking down.

“So when do you think they should get married? Do you think 2 months from now is fine?” Mrs Kwon questioned them.

“2 months from now sounds good, by that time I am able to officially announce to everyone that Dara is the new CEO of Park Hotel and Resort and I bet you guys can also announce that Jiyong is the new CEO of Kwon Motor Co.” Mr Park said.

Everyone just nodded in agreement. Mr Park and Mr Kwon chatted about their company and business while Mrs Park and Mrs Kwon chatted about the wedding and how and where it will took place at. The venues and catering. Minzy was just playing with her phone after hearing her brothers’ decision. Jihyo and Teddy went to check on Harang. And left with Dara and Jiyong that was just stealing a glanced wondering what on each others’ mind.

As the night is getting late, the Kwons decided to make their leave as everyone looked so tired and need a good rest.

“Annyeong BoA-shii, lets meet up soon to plan for the wedding as I believe our children will be busy with work.” Mrs Park said to Mrs Kwon.

“Deh, of course we will meet up soon! Bye!” Mrs Kwon reply.

Everyone said their goodbyes and the Parks just stand there until the cars went out of their gate.

Dara made her way into her room without talking to anyone and she don’t bother to talk to them about her feelings and the next moment they found out she’s already out of the house.

No one dares to talk to her and just her be on her own for they know she’ll be safe and sound the next day…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Annyeonghaseyo readers! My second chapter is up! Thank you for subcribing! i was so delighted by it! heh. Do read and subscribe as there's more to come! :DDD

I'm sorry if my language or my plot doesn't suits your taste but I am really trying my best to fit your taste. heh. Sorry if the updates is short.

Comment replies:

@sandaragon : Thank you for subscribing and commenting! It keeps me moving! Here chapter 2 is up! Do comment again! Thank you again! :DDD

@starmonkey : Thank you for subscribing! I'm looking forward to reading your comment on my story. :D

@xxAiX009xx : Thank you for subscribing! I'm looking forward to reading your comment on my story. :D

@Daragon4eva : Thank you for subscribing! I'm looking forward to reading your comment on my story. :D

THANK YOU AGAIN FOR SUBSCRIBING! :DDD

Lots of Love/

Jaetop