2

Playful Proposal

 

If the situation were different...

 

If they were women and not men on his bed…

 

I would have probably dragged the girls by their hair and chucked them off a cliff.

 

But, no. There were no es in the scene. He has no mistress, but male lovers.

 

He has no other woman, but other men.

 

It hurts a lot, I could die.

 

Seeing the man you've thought would father your future kids, sandwiched between two men, is something I would never wish to happen to anyone. No woman deserves to experience such hell. Not her. Not you. Not me. Not even lowliest woman walking on the face of the earth.

 

For seven years, I believed I was the luckiest woman on earth, for having a man whose face would make Adonis green with envy and body that would make all the goddesses' knees turn into jelly. This must be the punishment for my aggressive behavior towards them.

 

But dear Olympians, don't you think it's too much? You could have just turned me into some kind of animal, or a tree, or a statue, maybe.

 

Crazy. This is crazy. This must be the effect of reading too much Hamilton and Riordan.

 

But don't you think this is too much?

-----

As I board the bus, I cant help but remember our old times. Holding hands while walking downtown, watching DVDs with my head resting on his shoulder, the sweet words he whispered… were they all lies?

 

Maybe if I stayed a little longer…

Maybe if I let him explain his side…

Maybe I misinterpreted the situation…

 

Maybe I made the right thing and spared him from making another set of lies.

 

"I made the right thing, right? I saw everything. It was all clear. It couldn't mean anything else, right?" I stared at the pearly white stone on my lap. Then felt someone looking at me.

 

With her big  gray eyes, she looked at me like I'm someone who escaped the mental institution.

 

"What? Your first time seeing someone with a pet rock?" I asked, making her flinch in her seat and look outside the window pretending to admire the nature's beauty.

 

Ha! Youngsters these days…

 

-----

 

"Dara! Come on! Let's play hide and seek." A taller girl in with plump lips said as she tugged the smaller girl in pigtails away from her mother. "Come on Dara. Play with us."

 

"You have to stop clinging with you're mom. You're a big girl now." Bright-eyed Joongki said as he approached the two girls.

 

"But I love my Mom." Young Dara said while looking back at her Mom, before letting the two other kids lead her to where the others are playing.

 

"I'll be the 'it'!" Chubby kid Seunghyun announced and all the kids agree. But one…

 

"What are we going to do? What's an 'it'?" The young city girl Sandara who only knew how to play indoor games asked innocently.

 

"Don't tell me you don't know how to play hide and seek?" Seunghyun asked with amusement in his eyes. The girls giggled at his question while the boys shared meaningful little smiles.

 

"Sandara, in playing hide in seek, the players will hide while the 'it' will seek or will look for the other players." Bom told Sandara will occasionally  sending warning glares at the giggling little meanies.

 

"So, we will hide and he will look for us?" Sandara asked.

 

The pack of meanies nodded in response.

 

"So are you ready to play?"

 

When we play hide and seek,

If you’re “It,” you cannot peek.

Try to find us, we won’t quit,

Start to count, because you’re “It!”

 

One-two-three, better hide from me.

Four-five-six, don’t play any tricks.

Seven-eight-nine, it’s you I’ll find.

Ten-eleven-twelve, I’m going to yell.

Thirteen—fourteen—

 

She can still hear Seunghyun's voice chanting as she ran towards the corn fields to look for a hiding place. She ran and ran and ran until she can't hear not even the faintest sound from Seunghyun's chant. And alas, she found her perfect spot - a small opening at huge tree's base.

 

She felt victorious, for she knew he'll never find her. She will win this game and they will never laugh at her ever again.

 

But the sky was turning orange  and violet and soon it will be dusk, yet no Seunhyun nor Bom nor Joongki has arrived.

 

Fear started to grip her tiny heart.

 

What if they don't come to look for me?

What if there are wild animals here?

Snakes? Lions? Tigers?

 

"No!!!" She cried as she ran towards the cornfields. She ran and ran and ran, her tiny feet were starting to ache, but she kept on running until she saw a figure of a man.

 

A man with straw hat and tacky old clothes. "He must be the farmer of this corn fields." The little girl thought.

 

But instead of a friendly farmer, it was a scary monster dressed in farmer's clothes - creepy smile, scary red eyes…

 

"No please don't eat me." The little girl plead, tears streaming down her pink chubby cheeks; knees shaking in fear. "Please… don't eat me."

 

"Who are you?" A boy with dark eyes matching his pitch black hair, carrying a bunch a corns, asked the crying girl.

 

"Help me please." The girl said as she launched herself to the farmer boy.

 

"Help me." She tightened her hold on the young lads body.