1

Playful Proposal

 

I've always wondered why, despite of being together for seven years now, Jaejoong still hasn't popped out the question - that question girls have been waiting for.

 

Maybe he's still preparing. You know, wedding expenses can be very huge.

 

Maybe he's too nervous to ask.

 

Maybe he believes that longer engagement means stronger marriage. Oh, wait. We're still not engaged. -_-

 

Maybe on our next anniversary…

 

Maybe...

 

Too many maybes I have planted in my mind to keep bitterness at bay and not pollute my hopeful heart.

 

When are you going to ask me to marry you?

 

Do you want to marry me?

 

Will you marry me?

 

Questions I wanted to ask him, I kept at the deepest part of my slowly greening heart. Not wanting to shock him by my boldness, I kept my thoughts hidden from his eyes.

 

Then, that day came.

That one day that changed my life.

 

At the morning of his birthday, I sneaked to his house, planning to surprise him like I usually do.

I never imagined that instead of giving, I'll be receiving the biggest surprise in my life.

 

My boyfriend Jaejoong was lying beneath his sheets, between two other men.

 

My world crumbled.

My heart died.

 

It was too painful. My tears won't stop.

 

With a broken heart, I left his place, leaving the cake I baked and a note saying:

 

Happy birthday  Jae,

 

I've always wondered why you still hasn't asked me to marry you. Now, I know. We like the same kind.

Enjoy your birthday.

 

Dara

 

I may have sounded brave and strong in my note, but my knees were wobbly and my hands were like jelly.

 

Run away. Run away.

 

There's nothing else I can do.

 

So, with wobbly knees, jelly hands, and a dead heart, I packed my bag, not really knowing where to go. Until my moist eyes set on that smooth, white stone on my working table.

 

Ah. I now know where to go.

 

To the place where my heart first fluttered, I'm off to go.

 

Off to go to the place where I shall undead my heart...

 

-----------

 

I will marry you  when we're older. As old as Dongwook-hyung and Hanbyul-noona. I'll marry you, really. I will really marry you.

 

A seven year old kid proposed to his playmate. The fruitful rows of corn and the tacky scare crow we're the witnesses of his promise of love.

 

Here. Take Rocky with you. He will take care of you on my stead.

 

The lad handed a smooth white stone to the girl in pigtails, then snatched a kiss on her cheek.