Desperate

An Ending

 

“You know you should be studying instead of staring into space.”

 

“hhmm..”

 

Jessica and Yuri were in the library, studying for a test in an hour – well it’s just Yuri who’s preparing for the exam.

 

As days pass by,  they got closer; probably closer with each other than any other people in their group since their friends have their own world, leaving them on their own.

 

“Why do you seem so confident that you’ll pass the exam?”

 

“Because I know I will.” Jessica answered with a confident smile.

 

“Then let’s see about that.”

 

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

 

“What the?!” Yuri exclaimed as she took hold of Jessica’s exam result.

 

“See. Told you I’ll pass the test.”

 

“Wow. How did you do that? I mean you asleep most of the time during lectures and I don’t see you studying. Wait, don’t tell me you cheated.”

 

“What?! NO! I read. At home.”

 

“Oh really?”

 

♫Hello Hello Moshi Moshi Ciao Ciao  ♫

 

“Sorry that’s mine.” Jessica took a few steps away from her best friend to take the call.

 

“Mom?”

 

“Where are you?”

 

“School.”

 

“With?”

 

“Yuri.”

 

“Well no hang outs today. Come home early, I have a few things to discuss with you and your sister.”

 

“Okay. Will do.”

 

“Bye.”

 

“Bye mom.” Jessica hung up and walked to where Yuri was standing.

 

“Come on let’s go to the cafeteria.”

 

“I see Sooyoung’s love for food got into you.”

 

“Heck no. They’re waiting for us there. Come on.”

 

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

 

“Wow. It took you time to finish that human off.”

 

“Reasons. Why don’t you just admit that you aren’t as good as before and you’re getting soft.”

 

Donghae’s words kept ringing on his head. Is it true? What his cousin said. Was he really not as good as before? Was he really turning soft?

 

What the?! ME?! SOFT?! I’ve killed hundreds of vampires and those pathetic humans for the past 300 years and I’m all of a sudden turning soft?

 

Ok Taecyeon. Donghae’s right hand man and cousin. He knows everything about the feuding families since he was also partly responsible for the war.

 

“Please have mercy.” The man pleaded. Taecyeon stared at him with questioning eyes. The ones saying: Why should I spare you?

 

“I-I..” Twelve minutes have already passed since he held this man captive. Normally he would finish off humans for 5 minutes at maximum.

 

Thoughts of releasing the human made him disgusted with himself. It is not in his vocabulary to spare a human’s life. So without further much more thinking, he broke the man’s arms and stabbed him on the chest, hitting his heart, thus ending the poor guy’s life. He then proceeded to drain the human’s blood and put them on blood bags, for him and Donghae to drink for the next few weeks.

 

“Burn his body. Make sure to leave no trace of him. Delete records and everything.” He ordered his servants.

 

“Yes master.”

 

“This is not good.”

 

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

 

“I’m home.”

 

“Well it’s about time brat.”

 

“Shut up.” Soojung lunged at her sister.

 

“Stop it the both of you. Soojung get off your sister.”

 

“What took you so long?” Maria asked as she watched her youngest daughter got off Sooyeon.

 

“I’m sorry Mother. The teacher asked me to do a few things.”

 

“The teacher asked you to do a few things or you made sure that your cute crush got home safely?” Sooyeon intervened.

 

 “Crush? What crush?” Soojung denied but failed miserably as a faint shade of pink was evident on her face.

 

“okay.” Her sister said in response, obviously not buying her reason.

 

“Enough of that you two.” Their mother stopped her youngest daughter from pouncing on the blond who has a teasing smile plastered on her pretty face. “Go get changed. We’ll waiting at the dining room.”

 

“Okay Mother.”

 

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

 

Dinner was unusually quiet. They eat what humans do, the only difference is that the drink blood (once a week) instead of water, juice and other beverages alike.

 

“I guess the both of you are aware of the happenings in our world.” Maria stated and her daughters nodded in affirmation.

 

“Sooyeon, whose work do you think these are?” Maria added as she passed pictures to her eldest daughter. “Those were taken in some part of Italy and the United Kingdom.”

 

Sooyeon examined the pictures carefully, wishing that the marks are not what she’s thinking of. Counting the blood streaks on the picture, her eyes widened in surprise.

 

“So do you know who?” Her mother questioned.

 

“Based on the number of marks, and this symbol/ initial or whatever you want to call it, I think they’re back.”

 

“Huh? They? Who are ‘they’?” Soojung was clueless of what her sister is talking about.

 

“Lee and Ok.”

 

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

 

“Yoona, have you seen the news?”

 

“Yes. It’s a very hot topic in the Council.”

 

“It seems like he’s back on track.”

 

“No, more like desperate.”

 

“Desperate? What do you mean?”

 

“He’s becoming desperate to find us.” Mr. Jung chuckled at Yoona’s remark.

 

A knock interrupted what they were doing.

 

“Come in.” a guy dressed in black entered carefully. “What brings you here?”

 

“We have found out where the vampires who kidnapped Miss Jinah are.”

 

Yoona’s eyes started to water upon hearing the good news. After two years of searching, she finally has a greater possibility to be reunited with her sister.

 

“Where are they?”

 

“Osaka, Japan Sir.”

 

“Good. Book the earliest flight to Osaka.”

 

“Right away Sir.” The man bowed then went to follow his master’s order.

 

“See Yoona, I told you we’ll be able to find your sister.” Theodore said as he handed her a napkin.

 

Yoona took the napkin and gave the older vampire a smile then looked out the window.

 

Just a little more time and I’ll be one step closer to finding you so wait for me Jin.

 

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

 

After an hour of telling Soojung all there is to know about Lee Donghae, Sooyeon decided to go to bed, leaving her sister with their mother.

 

“So Soojung, tell me about that cute crush of yours.”

 

“W-What?1 I-I don’t have a crush on that girl.” Realizing her slip of tongue, Soojung’s cheeks were in a shade of pink.

 

“You’re such a terrible liar sweetie, come on tell me about her.”

 

“urgh. Fine.”

 

“So tell me her name.” Maria smiled in victory.

 

“Well her name is Choi Jinri but she prefers to be called Sulli. She has an older brother that she looks up to. Hhmm.. She’s quite taller than me. I met her on the first day, so she’s pretty much my first friend here.” Soojung looked up to see the time. “Mother, it’s getting late. I better go to bed.” She said as she stood up.

 

“okay sweetie.” Maria stood up and gave her daughter a hug. “Now go upstairs. You still have classes tomorrow.”

 

"I only asked for the name and she told me a lot of things.."

 

 

 

 

TBC

 

 



 

 

An update before our finals week... can someone suggest me a good poster shop that makes posters for girlxgirl pairings...

 

JungLi anyone???  it's so hard to find JungLi + JeTi + YoonYul fics around here...

 

anyway, i'll be posting up a character guide/description in a few days...

 

To all Surfers out there, patience my fellow JeTi shippers! I assure you once Tiffany shows up, it's gonna be worth it.. well it is to me..