Chapter 4 Denying

My Vampire Guard

  "Hyukkie hyung, what do you want for lunch?" Ryeowook asked as they walked in the canteen.

  "Hyukkie hyung?" He asked once again as he received no response.

  "..." Hyukjae sit down quietly as if he didn't hear Ryeowook's question.

  "Hyukkie hyung...Hyung! HYUKKIE HYUNG!!" Ryeowook screamed and waved his hand, not cared he would attract attention.

  "...What? What happen?" Finally Hyukjae seemed to get back his conscious.

  "Hyukkie hyung, are you alright? You are always out of your mind these days..." Ryeowook asked with concern.

  "Ah-hmm. I'm fine. Sorry Wookie, what did you ask?" Hyukjae looked down.
  Ryeowook sighed before he asked again, "What do you want to eat?"

  "Strawberry milk and strawberry cheesecake please, Wookie." Hyukjae smiled as he thought of his beloved strawberry and temporarily forgot what he had been thinking of.

  "Hyung, you know you can always talk to me if you have any problems. Or do you want to talk to Jungsoo hyung?" Ryeowook went to get their foods and sit down next to Hyukjae.

  "...Wookie-ah, hmm...I...ARGHHH, never mind..." Hyukjae was frustrated and even couldn't form a complete sentence. He didn't know how to start it. How could he when what he want to say is he miss Donghae and does he know where has he gone?! This sounds strange, isn't it? Moreover, Ryeowook and Donghae was not as close as he and Donghae, would Ryeowook know how's Donghae doing or even know his phone number?
  He breathed deeply and finally said, "Well, Wookie, I miss Donghae. He hasn't come to school for a week. I just wonder where has he been and how's he doing?"

  Ryeowook was a bit shocked when he heard what Hyukjae said.
  "I don't know, sorry hyung." Ryeowook replied sheepishly.

  "It's okay. Forget it." Hyukjae simply said. They finished their lunch and Hyukjae suddenly asked, "Where's Jongwoon hyung?"

  "Ha, you miss Donghae hyung that much huh? You finally notice that Jongwoon hyung is not here..." Ryeowook teased.

  "I...Yah, just tell me where's hyung?" Hyukjae could not defend himself and he looked away while blushing.

  "Jongwoon hyung has practice for the school anniversary. You know, he has been chosen to be the main vocal of the musical." Ryeowook said.

  "Then why are you here? I think you are one of the main vocal too?" Hyukjae asked confusedly.

  "Jongwoon hyung is worry about you. You look absent-minded these days. He wants me to take care of you when he's gone. So I skip the practice." Though this is one of the reason, but sorry I cannot tell you that the main reason is I need to protect you when Jongwoon hyung or Donghae hyung is not around. Although Siwon hyung is protecting you secretly, I still need to be by your side.

  "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you guys worry." Hyukjae lowered his head.

  "It's fine. Hyung, let's watch Jongwoon hyung's practice, can we?" Since they finished their lunch quickly, they had about half an hour left until the next lesson.

  "Sure."

 

  After one more week, Donghae finally came back to school. The relaxed atmosphere of the vampires was once again tensed up. Hyukjae was more than happy to see Donghae's comeback.

  "Donghae! Where've you been? Why didn't you come to school? Are you sick?" Hyukjae bombarded Donghae with loads of questions once he saw him.

  "Hey, calm down. I'm sorry I didn't tell you beforehand that I need to help my father at his company." Pulled a bit away from Hyukjae's suffocating hug, Donghae explained.

  Yes, Donghae's father, was not only the ex-leader of the Clan of Blue, but also the CEO of an international company. Donghae would sometimes help his father in the company. However this time Donghae was lying.

  He left for two weeks because he needed time and space. He pondered about his feeling towards Hyukjae, a friend that barely knew for a month, he was confused. He admitted that Hyukjae to him, was more than a friend. However, he wouldn't admit that he fell in love with him. Moreover, he would also keep a distance between him and Hyukjae, in order to stay clear of their position. He was a vampire and Hyukjae was a human. To top it off, Hyukjae was under his protection. Therefore, after two weeks of rumination, Donghae had made up his mind that he would only befriends with Hyukjae and protect him from the vampires. Nothing more. He would leave once the vampires here were dismissed and the risk of exposure was eased.

  "Really?" Hyukjae titled his head, eyeing Donghae in disbelieve.

  "Really. Come on, we'll be late for class if we keep talking here." Donghae headed towards the classroom and Hyukjae followed closely.

 

  Staring the silhouette of Donghae, Hyukjae slightly blushed.

  Why does Donghae looks so handsome and hot? His dark brown orbs, pointed nose, kissable thin lips, the sharp jaw line, the muscular arms...

  He had never thought that human can be this perfect. Although others might think that Donghae was cold, Hyukjae thought the opposite. Donghae was nice and friendly towards him. He also treated his friends, Jongwoon hyung and Ryeowook, well. However, the coldness of Donghae showed to the others didn't reduce the attention from the girls. Hyukjae frowned as he remembered one time, some girls flirted to Donghae, though Donghae didn't show any interest in them.

  But the frown on Hyukjae's face was soon replaced by a shocked expression.

 

  Wait! Why should I care about whether the girls flirt with him or not?! And the most importantly, why do I miss him so much when he was gone for two weeks?! YAH! LEE HYUKJAE! You like him just because he is your friend, well, can be considered as a close friend, that's all. Don't think too much!

  Hyukjae nodded to himself mentally and dragged his attention on the class instead of thought of Donghae.

 

TBC

I'm a good child because I update on time~ >3<
 

But...I don't think next week I can update like this...I'm tired T^T

Please comment~^^ Then maybe I'll have the mood to write=]
Thanks to my dear readers and subscribers^^