Janus's Granddaughter

Finding Janus

 

Sayren’s POV

I slightly crumpled the ball invitation I was holding in my hand as I walked up the stairs that lead to the hall where the dance was being held.

“Stupid dances, stupid dresses, stupid everyone...” I muttered to myself as I quickly showed my invitation to the people at the door. They looked slightly scared of me and I wasn’t sure if it was because of me talking to myself, or the pissed off expression I had. Either way, it was their problem not mine. They ushered me through the door and one of them said,

“Have a good night Miss Janus.” And then they winked at me. I looked at them again and saw a familiar pair of eyes staring back.

“Grandfath-“

“SAYREN!” A woman squealed, cutting me off. I turned around to see my grandmother trying her best to walk/run to me in her high heels. She held her arms out and embraced me in a big hug. I got an overwhelming whiff of perfume and nearly choked.

“G-Grandmother!” I managed to splutter out and my grandmother loosened her hold on me and I was able to breathe again. My grandmother was wearing a long, black dress which billowed out. She had pins in her hair that were in the shape of flowers and adorned with rubies and they held back her black hair in an intricate bun. I suddenly felt very self-conscious of what I was wearing. I had on a knee-length teal, silk dress which was one-shouldered. My brown hair was in a messy bun with a few wavy strands loose here and there. My jewellery wasn’t over the top and neither was my makeup. I thought I had done well but from the disapproving look on my grandmother’s face, I assumed it wasn’t to her standard.

“Sweetie, I know you’re not that short, but perhaps you could’ve chosen slightly taller heels, like mine for example.” My grandmother then showed me her unnecessarily tall heels and I rolled my eyes. I looked down at my own and if I had gotten heels any taller than this, I think that by the end of the night I would’ve fallen over way more times than in my nice, safe, three inch heels.

“Trust me, these are more than enough Grandmother. Now if you’ll excuse me, the free food is calling me.” I then tried to make a run for the food table but of course my grandmother had other plans.

“I don’t think so Miss Sayren Janus. You are coming with me. I have boys for you to meet!” My grandmother told me excitedly and then grabbed onto me, dragging me behind her to a group of young men. Oh crap.

“Good evening again gentlemen. My granddaughter that I was telling you about earlier has arrived. Sayren this is Jeongmin, Minwoo, Hyunseong and Donghyun and vice versa.” My grandmother then nudged me forward and I awkwardly laughed. Good one grandma, introducing me to a group of incredibly good looking young men. Does she not realise how socially awkward I can be!?

“Hi, it’s nice to meet you all!” I said and then the one who was standing closest to me took my hand. He had dark brown hair and was wearing a bowtie and holy crap he was cute. And hot. And dreamy. In fact, they all were. Lord help me…

“Hey I’m Minwoo and it’s a pleasure to meet you.” He then smiled sweetly at me and kissed my hand. I tried to not hyperventilate and I could feel the blush creeping over cheeks. ‘Quick, say something intelligent’ I thought to myself. All I could manage was,

“I like your bowtie.” Minwoo then laughed cutely and winked at me.

“And I like your dress.” Then he leaned in close to me and whispered, “But I like you better.”

I felt a tingle go up my spine and I resisted the urge to do a fangirl squeal. Oh God grandma, what have you gotten me into! I then turned to where my grandmother was meant to be but it turns out she had already ditched me!

“Minwoo stop hogging the pretty girl! Hi, I’m Jeongmin.” Another one of the boys said, smoothly cutting into my conversation with Minwoo. Jeongmin then ‘casually’ put his arm around me and I could feel my face going even redder. By this stage, I’m pretty sure I was hyperventilating.

“You sure are quiet huh?” A tanned guy who I’m pretty sure was called Hyunseong asked me. I wanted to laugh because of how wrong he was. Normally I was the loudest person you could find but in the presence of attractive people, I get tongue tied.

“Y-yeah.” I stuttered and he laughed.

“Aww you’re so cute.” Hyunseong then pinched my cheek lightly and all I could do was giggle nervously. The longer I spent with them, the more unintelligent my answers were becoming. I needed to get away and fast.

“Hey Sayren do you want to get a drink?” The pale one whose name was Donghyun asked. So far he was the only one who hadn’t said anything and I smiled in relief. Finally an excuse to get out of this situation.

“Sure.” I smiled at him and went to walk with him when I was stopped by Jeongmin’s arm which was still holding onto me.

“Oops, sorry! It’s just so natural having my arm around you that I forgot it was there. Perhaps it’s a sign?” Jeongmin suggested and I couldn’t get over how smooth this guy was! Seriously he should be called the pickup king. My brain seemed to finally have gotten over the shock of meeting a bunch of attractive guys and I replied,

“I don’t think so. See you guys around.” I then quickly scuttled off towards the drinks table. It seems that I was in such a rush I forgot that Donghyun was meant to be coming with me.

“Wait up Sayren!” I heard someone call out to me as I finally stopped in front of the drinks table. I turned around to see Donghyun trying to catch up with me. When he had finally caught up I said,

“Sorry I’m just really thirsty.” I lied and Donghyun raised his eyebrow at me.

“Right… Anyway I just want to apologise for my friends. They’re just really enthusiastic when it comes to meeting new people… especially girls who look as stunning as you do.” Donghyun then smiled at me shyly and I could feel myself begin to blush again. I then remembered that my grandmother had been talking to them earlier and then I realised something. This whole situation was unnatural and not quite right. It seemed all too convenient that all these boys were interested in me.

“Look I don’t know what my grandmother told you about me, but all of you don’t have to say I’m pretty and crap. If this is some stupid joke or something my grandmother is doing, tell her to piss off.” Donghyun’s smile dropped as I said this and then he looked at me, confusion expressed clearly on his face.

“What do you mean? I meant what I said and so did the others.”

“Right… Excuse me, I need to go to the bathroom.” I lied again and quickly walked off before Donghyun could stop me. I found the female toilets and went over to the long line of mirrors and looked at my reflection. I couldn’t see anything about my appearance that would make possibly four guys interested in me… ‘I just want to go home’ I thought to myself and sighed. Knowing my grandmother she probably would stop me if I tried to walk out of the hall. Looks like I’ll just have to it up… Besides, I guess it wouldn’t hurt to enjoy the male attention which I was receiving at the moment.

I walked out of the bathrooms and had only walked a couple metres until I was distracted by someone who looked like my grandfather. I decided to follow him through the crowd and just as I was about to reach him, the man turned and smiled at me. It was my grandfather! I was about to yell out to him when I felt myself walk into someone. My head bumped against his chest and I looked up at him.

Oh my God.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: oooo another cliffhanger :p

So what do you all think of Sayren? And I wonder who she bumps into... ;)

Also thanks to my 25 subbies ^.^ I love how you all comment on my story! It's awesome the feedback you guys give!

I also have a new cover, what do you think of that?