You Forgot the Medicine

In a Strawberry Filled Universe

Wufan is sick and doesn't like pills and Yixing remembers.

A/N: originally planning for a 400ish word drabble for valentines day (nothing to do with valentines day lol) but this came out instead. I didn't fully use everything in the request but this was leolliepop's request ^^ i hope it's sorta okay otl. Happy Valentines Day ^^

Fluff

835 words

-------------------------------------------------------------------------             

               Yixing pushes the door open slightly and pokes his head in. Jongdae is cocooned in his blanket reading his lesson packets in the dim light of his side table. He looks up when Yixing enters and silently closes the door behind him. Yixing heads towards the bunk bed to find Wufan but Jongdae interrupts.

               “He hasn’t come back to the room; did you just come back from practice?”

               “Yea, did you guys eat?” Jongdae nods. “Did Wufan take his medicine?” Jongdae shrugs. “Ah, okay, get some sleep okay?” Jongdae smiles and waves a goodbye at Yixing.

               Yixing sighs and walks out of the room. He checks his room, but Luhan is sleeping and Yixing’s bed is empty. He checks up on Tao. He’s on his weibo, the light from his phone illuminating under the bed covers. Yixing takes his phone away and tells Tao to go to sleep.  Finally he checks the living room where he should’ve seen Wufan but was maybe too tired to notice.

               And, yes, he’s there, curled up to the best of his ability under a big warm blanket a fan gave him. His long limbs, while tucked under, still hang off the couch. Yixing walks over to Wufan, grabbing the medicine off the kitchen counter. He checks the bottle and sees that there are still 8 pills left; there were 8 pills when he left for practice. Yixing sighs and kneels down next to the couch.

               “Wufan, wake up. You didn’t take your pills.” Yixing slightly shakes Wufan, in contrast to his usual violent shaking. Wufan doesn’t stir and Yixing groans. He shakes a bit harder and Wufan’s mouth hinges open and lets out a small mewl.  Yixing smiles and sits down gently on the couch chest while Wufan’s eyes flutter open.

               “You didn’t take your pills.” Wufan rubs his eyes and slowly pushes himself up and leans back onto the armrest.

               “I did.” He hums.

               “There were 8 when I left, and there’s still 8.” Wufan glowers at Yixing, but it’s a weak glare. He has dark eye circles and his skin is pale. His face looks tired.

               “What time is it?”

               “Around 2. You were supposed to take 2 pills at 11” Yixing taps out two pills onto his hand and grab the water bottle from the coffee table.

               “You’ve been practicing for that long? You have dark circles.” Wufan tugs on Yixing’s shirt trying to pull him onto his lap, but Yixing resists. 

               “Someone needs to get the choreo down.” He unscrews and hands the bottle and pills to Wufan.  Wufan drinks water but stares at the two pills in his hand.

               “I hate pills. It’s like I’m force feeding myself.”

               “You sort of are, but it’s for your own good.” Yixing gets up but Wufan pulls him back down and brings him onto his lap. He keeps an arm around Yixing’s front holding his back against Wufan’s. Yixing slowly peels Wufan’s hand away and turns around so he’s sitting cross legged on Wufan’s thighs. He lifts up Wufan’s clenched hand and curls it out. He points at the pills, “swallow.”

               Wufan’s face scrunches up, “I hate pills.” Yixing holds Wufan’s hand in his smaller ones.

               “Look, I’ll bring you the children’s liquid version tomorrow. I’ll have to ask about your dosage because you’re a giant non-children man, but I’m not sure. Just swallow these and let me sleep because I’m really tired.”

               Wufan his head and throws Yixing a sleepy grin. “How do you manage to remember that I have to take 2 pills every 5 hours, but not remember your pants?”

               Yixing lifts up and kisses Wufan on the tip of his nose, “because your health is more important than my pants, now hurry up.”  Wufan grins more brightly and takes a mouthful of water. He drops the pills into his mouth and after much difficulty and scrutiny from Yixing he swallows.

               “Eugh, you better get really great flavored medicine for me tomorrow.”

   “I’ll try.” Yixing slides off of Wufan’s legs and Wufan lowers back down onto the couch.

   “Strawberry flavored.” Yixing pulls up Wufan’s blanket and laughs.

               “I’m pretty sure there’s only grape, cherry, and bubblegum.” Yixing begins to get up from the couch but Wufan pulls him down again.

               “Don’t destroy my hopes and dreams.” Yixing snorts and puts the back of his hand against Wufan’s forehead. It’s burning. He looks up at Yixing with soft eyes. “Sleep with me today.”

               “Wufan, you’ll get me sick.”

               “I’ll tell my sickness to be nice to you and not hurt you.” Yixing rolls his eyes and leaves the room. Wufan sighs and turns into the couch.

               Yixing returns soon after and slips under Wufan’s blanket. Wufan sluggishly turns around and faces Yixing, his legs knocking into the others. He raises his thick eyebrows incredulously.

               “No pants?”

                Yixing winks and murmurs against Wufan’s lips, “I forgot.” Yixing turns around and pulls Wufan’s arms around his waist.

                Tiredness catching up with them, they soon fall asleep.