Please be safe.

I Don't Wanna Love You II

 

“I mean, I know I have a chicken pheromone and stuff but a problem? Really, Gyu? I’m sort of hurt.”

“Save your boo-hoos for your boyfriend when you decide to come out to him. How ‘bout this, we’ll go get some ice cream and you can me all about how you fell for him and how you ended up deciding that beating him up would be a good idea, okay?”

--

So, after getting my triple scoop strawberry and vanilla ice cream with caramel drizzle and rainbow sprinkles –because rainbows are awesome-, I decided to bail and run. The reason, I was not planning to tell him all about it. I sat on a nearby bench in the park where I had run away to. The ice cream parlour was right across the road from the park, so I didn’t doubt the fact of the possibility that Sunggyu could show up any second now.

After what felt like hours and hours of my ice cream, biting of the last bit of the wafer cone, he never showed up. I checked my watch. 5:05 PM. About 3 minutes had passed since I bolted from the parlour.

Tilting my head up, I noticed the sky was turning purple. “It’s getting dark out. I should probably head back now.” I mumbled to myself. I pushed myself off the bench, wiping my hands with each other to rid of the dust.

I started my trip back, leisurely strolling through the park. That’s when I heard someone or something wailing. No wait, it sounds familiar. I mean, not the wailing, but the voice. I jumped into a bush, not sure why I needed to do that, and crawled through to the other side. My eyes bulged out and my mouth gaped open. There, lying on a bench in front of me was a guy with a huge shard of glass stuck into his leg. I couldn’t really make out his face since he was crouched into the back of the bench. I jumped out of the bush and sat next to the man’s head, scared to touch him.

“Uhm mister, are you okay?”

Well obviously he’s not, you .

I cradled his head and took a glance at his face. My heart clutched at the sight of it. It was Chanhee’s pained expression. I couldn’t believe what I was witnessing. The blood was literally gushing out from his leg and I felt like puking. The metallic smell of it was too much for me to handle.

The organ in my chest was pounding much too rapidly. Caught up in the spur of the moment, I went into a panic attack. I screamed and yelled but no one came. I couldn’t wait any longer and called 911, not doing a very good job of reporting the matter to the operator amidst my panicking. The call was made, all that was left it to prevent any more blood loss and wait.

“D-don’t worry. Just, please, hold on for a while.” I whispered, more to myself than to Chanhee.

I tore off the hem of my shirt and tied it tightly around his shin, right above the wounded area. I would’ve wrapped the cloth around the wound itself but the shard of glass that was stuck in there stopped me from doing so. Being inexperienced in this type of situation, I wasn’t going to risk his life even more by pulling it out.

I was so grateful that the hospital was nearby. The ambulance had arrived shortly after I had made the call. I watched Chanhee as he was hoisted onto a stretcher and carried into the ambulance. I could’ve sworn I saw him glance at me right as the doors closed.

Please be safe.

~*~

 

I actually updated pretty quickly T^T But the chapter's so short ;;