"Whaaa?"

I Don't Wanna Love You II

 

"Come on Chanhee! Pleeeaaaasssssseeeeeeeeeeee!" I pouted and whined and did everything I could to get Chanhee to play. He was eyeing me weirdly, no doubt. I tried my best to make him agree. He was sitting all alone at the bleachers, looking so depressed. I couldn't help but feel that I was the cause of it. Technically, Myungsoo and Sungyeol were the one who ruined our project so they are to blame.

I'm trying to apologise. Can't you see? I guess you don't. He probably thinks I have something else up my sleeve. Well I don't!

"I.. guess one game can't hurt." he muttered in a shaky voice.

I gasped in surprise, my expressions brightened up as I nodded profoundly. I clinged onto him and dragged him down to the court. My Channie's playing ~ I sang in my head but at some point it turned into a somewhat off-beat rap.

I got him to play but unfortunately, we were put in opposing teams. I just got the three dimwits. Sungjong had joined us earlier and knocked the raisins out of Sungyeol's hands when the choding was attempting to shove them into Myungsoo's pants.

"Game start!" The coach called out and we got into our attacking stance. At least I did. Others were cupping their nether regions.

Chanhee had a -surprisingly- determined expression. He definitely does not want to lose. Don't worry, I won't aim for you.

I made sure I won't be the last player on my team before Chanhee was eliminated so I wouldn't have to do the harsh work. I caught and dodged and threw non-stop. Quite amazing I must say.

"Eheh." I snorted in self-admiration.

"Eyy how annoy-- Oof!"

"Serves you right, Yeol!"

I was so immersed in yelling back words of profanity at him that I didn't check to see who I threw my next ball to. Once I let the rubber orange out of my grasp, then I knew I should've checked. It's hurling straight at Chanhee! No! No! No! No! This can't be! After I promised myself I would be careful!

Oh .

The ball hit him square in the face. How great. Another thing to regret about for the rest of this story. He walked around in circles for a bit, little birds flew in through the window and flew around his head.

Huh.. Is that a normal occurrence? I mean like birds.. What?

I snapped back to my senses and realized the situation at hand. I blinked a couple of times and ran to Chanhee's side. He was already on the floor, sweating and out.

"Oh my gosh I am SO sorry coach I'll take him to the infirmary if you'd like I can't believe I knocked him out omg omg YEOL THIS IS YOUR FAULT YOU'RE GONNA PAY I'll excuse myself now bye."

I scooped him up in my arms and heard a faint little 'how the hell is this my fault?!' from the back of the crowd who had gathered around. I stood up and bowed to the coach and other students, apologizing for causing an issue.

Chanhee's head rocked and bounced around as I ran towards the nurse's office, internally squealing seeing his cute little sleeping face. Or knocked out face.

"NURSE SHINYEOOONNNGGGG?!" I yelled after bursting through the tight-fit doorway, casually bumping Chanhee's head into it in the process.

She wasn't there. Instead a hairy man with a huge mole and man s appeared... but he was wearing a female nurse's uniform. A woman..?

Okay, over analyzing this.

"Uh, where's nurse Shinyeong?"

"She go boyfriend. Me Bertha. Nurse."

Wow her voice. Manly.

"... Okay..? Anyways, I have a knocked out student. Can he just have a bed to rest on? No treatment whatsoever."

"Problem no. Here bed." She thumped on a bed by the window and I could've swore it dented slightly. Just slightly.

"Thanks."

She stomped out of the room without another word to spare. I just blinked at her back and shrugged. I laid Chanhee down on the bed and settled myself in a chair next to him. I have to admit, this has only been my second time here and the first wasn't even as a patient. I was practically forced against my will by my ex. So forceful.

I stared out of the window in thought of what I should say once he wakes up. Apologize or bail? Laugh or beg for mercy? Bailing seems to be the best option but I felt kinda bad and had to apologize. Before my mind was made up, I heard someone clear his throat and I turned to the bed by reflex. He's awake! I was just thinking about bailing!

“Oh! I uhh… I see you’re awake.” I said in a soft tone.

He's wondering why I'm here, isn't he? Oh no oh no I need an excuse! Let’s see..

I cleared my throat and tried to be creative with my words.

“The coach… told me to apologize, or else I’ll get double the detention for hurting you,” I leaned against the wall trying to act all cool and what not. I'm was totally lying at the moment. “And I wouldn’t want that. So, sorry.”

I didn't even get any detention initially. My apology sounded insincere and kinda defeats the whole purpose of 'apologizing'.

It kinda turned awkwardly silent right after that so my gaze shifted from one thing to another.

Well, this is quite entertaining... Oh proof! Some sort of 'proof' or something.

I reached towards my back pocket, remembering that I was carrying a note book around for no apparent reason. I tore a piece of paper from said notebook without even observing it, trying to hide from Chanhee's gaze.

Uhh pen pen pen... Ah! Pen!

I grabbed a pen that had a chicken topper and gave it with the paper to Chanhee. “Sign this so the coach will know I have apologized." If he had his own version of this story, surely he would’ve said he signed it quickly, but in all honesty, he signed it like a snail. “I... guess I’ll be going now.”

Chanhee nodded his head and I guessed I should just leave. Stepping out into the corridor, a heavy breeze whipped through the open windows and ruined my hair.

Dang it! What kind of an apology was that?! And now my hair’s all ruined!

“Byunghun! There you are. So how’s your boyfriend?”

Wait.. I know this grandpa voice from somewhere.

“Dude, are you even listening?”

“Huh, what?” I squinted and turned around, seeing Sunggyu right in my face.

He sighed. “Nevermind. Now tell me why did you do what you did to Chanhee.”

At the moment, my mind was rather confused with what just happened. Now, Sunggyu was coming to me telling me to explain stuff even though I’m not sure what to explain, exactly.

“What? S-sorry, man. I’m kinda lost here.”

He sighed again. “Remember your pinkie promise?”

“Uhm, not really..”

He facepalmed. “Why did you beat up Chanhee at the cafeteria this morning?!”

“Ooohhh that! You didn’t need to scream.” I put up a pouting face but got slapped.

“Don’t do that. Now speak.” Sunggyu crossed his arms across his chest, tapping his feet  on the floor of the corridor.

“Fine. Remember I said all that about me loving him and stuff? Well that’s kinda true. But.. I’m not quite sure about my feelings yet. So I kinda beat him into a pulp.” I looked down and drew circles with my leg.

“You have a problem, Byunghun.”

“Whaaa?”

~* ~

 

I finally did it >.>