No Curfew?

Yesterday, today and tomorrow.

 “Hey Chanyeol” Baekhyun sighed shoving the taller’s shoulder a bit

“Oh hey Baekkie! What’s up?”

“I was wondering… Whether you wanted to…” Baekhyun winced

“Yes!?”

“Stay at my house tonight” Baekhyun asked dejectedly

“YOU DON’T EVEN HAVE TO ASK! OH MY GOD! BEST DAY EVER!” He crushed the smaller in a tight hug before rushing off “I’ll be at yours after basketball practice!”

What the did I just get myself into?

----

“So this is the park?”

“Yeah, haha we always used to come down here during elementary school… Not so much now, although Luhan and Sehun sometimes come down here to do their maths” Xiumin chuckled he knew the future of everyone in their group of course he never told- unless they were going to get into major trouble.

“Oh that sounds fun!” Chen said happily walking along the grass as the sun was setting “So why does Baekhyun hyung not like Chanyeol? I think Chanyeol’s nice”

“Ahhh… It’s complicated” Xiumin shrugged, of course he couldn’t say that Baekhyun could actually read minds and the fact that he can’t read Chanyeol’s mind is what make Baekhyun go insane and pretty much hate Chanyeol’s guts yet make him obsessed with Chanyeol’s guts.

“How so?”

“I don’t know… Baekhyun likes Chanyeol but hates him at the same time; everyone else is perfectly fine with Chanyeol”

“How strange”

“Don’t worry… Baekhyun’s rarely ‘fond’ of anyone really”

“Really… That’s sad” Chen pouted and Xiumin’s heart rate sky rocketed “Do you think you will remember me tomorrow?” He asked innocently looking into Xiumin’s eyes

Oh , how could he have figured out!? “Uh yeah! I mean of course I remember you I just have the worst memory in the whole entire world you know?”

“Yeah… Kinda”

“Don’t worry Chen, you’re my friend okay? Even with my terrible memory, you must know that you’re my friend”

“Thanks Hyung!” Chen beamed

“So when’s your curfew?”

“Oh… I live alone…”

“Really why?”

“Well when we first moved here out house wasn’t big enough so I just moved out, I mean I kinda still live off my parents money, they just didn’t want to sell our house and buy a different one, moving here was hard enough, and I’m the eldest so I don’t mind”

“How many siblings do you have?”

“Four”

“Who?”

“There’s Kyuhyun and Hyukjae, they’re twins who’re in the year below us, Tiffany who’s in middle school and the maknae Seohyun who’s still in kindergarten”

 “Wow”

“Yeah pretty big family, it’s okay though- living by myself is nice and I mean the twins visit lots” Chen smiled a little, it was a sad smile in a way “So when do you have to be home?”

“Oh I don’t really know… My dad will probably just call or something”

“Oh that’s cool…So do you want to come to mine…Or something?”

“Oh yeah sure that’d be fun” Xiumin stuttered

They were in the middle of walking home when a storm broke out

“Quick! My apartment is just around the corner” Chen said beginning to run unconsciously grabbing Xiumin’s hand as he ran he didn’t even notice Xiumin flush red as the rain began to fall down on them getting harder every second.

By the time they got to Chen’s house, they knew it would be a serious storm; Chen walked into the kitchen and put the kettle on before heading into the bathroom to grab some towels.

“You should dry yourself off before you get a cold” Chen said throwing a towel over the others head

“How am I going to get home in this?” Minseok grumbled running the towel through his hair

“Min, I think you should just stay here for the night okay? It’d be easier for both you and your parents- it’s gale force winds out there”

“Oh are you sure? I don’t want to intrude or anything”

“Xiumin, I live alone” Chen gave a small smile “It’s okay, I’d enjoy some company”

“Oh alright then, I’ll just um text my mother, hey do you mind texting Baek? I need to see whether Yeol’s okay”

“Oh s-sure”

To: Baekhyun

Hello Baekhyun sshi it’s Chen here, um Xiumin hyung wanted to know whether Chanyeollie made it to your house okay because it’s quite dangerous outside tonight

To: Chen

Chen ah! We have to out and search for him! He was coming over after basketball! I haven’t seen him from after school and he won’t pick up his phone!

“Uh… Xiumin?”

“Yeah? My mum said I could stay!”

“Great now put your coat on”

“Bwoh? W-why? Is something wrong?”

“Chanyeol isn’t at Baekhyun’s”

“Oh… We have to go look for him”

“I have a car thank god”

The two drove warily through the streets, the rain pouring down on the windscreen.

“Does Baekhyun really not like Chanyeol?” Chen asked quietly as they drove through the streets

“It’s…Complicated… And I’m not sure…”

“You don’t trust me?” he asked slightly hurt and slightly shocked, Chen couldn’t decipher which was more prominent

“No I do, well I’ve only known you like a week tops but it’s complicated- way more complicated than you can imagine”

“What are you all like super heroes or something? With special abilities and all” he joked, but his smile faltered when he saw that Xiumin wasn’t laughing with him “You are aren’t you”

“Far from super heroes” Xiumin sighed “I don’t know… Baekhyun… He can read minds… He was born with it and I guess it’s normal for him to just automatically know, I’m pretty sure that’s why he’s so outspoken and careless”

“…So what does that have to do with Chanyeol?”

“Baekhyun can’t read Chanyeol’s mind, if he could he would have known where Chanyeol was right now”

“You’re telling me that Baekhyun can read minds… Including mine?”

“Yeah including yours, now let’s go search for Yeol”

“We have to pick up Baekhyun first”

----

The first thing that Baekhyun said when he got in the car was “You told him”

Xiumin was surprised that Baekhyun wasn’t livid, instead he just looked frazzled

“Why’re you so caught up about this, normally you wouldn’t care”

“Of course I would care! Just because I act mean doesn’t mean I don’t like the kid” Baekhyun grumbled

“I can’t believe this Byun Baekhyun admitting he likes Chanyeol”

“As a friend! Not the way he likes me!”

“Whatever Baek”

“I’m straight Xiumin- unlike you”

“Hey!”

“You say one more word about me liking Chanyeol I’ll tell Chen your little secret”

This caught Chen’s attention

“Uh what secret?”

“Nothing, never mind!” Xiumin grumbled                                     

“I think I found Yeol” Baekhyun said jumping out of the car and running towards the tall figure walking around aimlessly

“That guy, I hadn’t even stopped the car” Chen sighed turning the ignition off

“Get him in the car” Baekhyun breathed “And Xiumin- we need to talk”

Baekhyun pulled him under cover

“How come you didn’t see this coming?”

“You know why”

“I thought you would of least looked into it?”

“Why would I? It’s not that important”

“Whatever” Baekhyun pinched the bridge of his nose “He’s safe that’s all that matters”

“Why do you even care” Xiumin outburst suddenly angry at Baekhyun’s accusation that this was all his fault

Baekhyun looked scared for a minute before answering and instead of the usual bold Byun Baekhyun all he got was a soft and scared

“I don’t know”