Newcomer

Our Young Rulers

 

It had been some days since Luhan set out on this trip. He just couldn’t manage to go any faster. The carriage had been their only home for the past three days, and provisions were beginning to run low. So this was the result of having a well-known face. You have to avoid all humanity to do what you want. This was not the reality Luhan had wanted, but this was Luhan had wanted to do for the good of the world. But Luhan was bored. So very very bored. It had been three days of just the wooden carriage walls. Three days of stopping to eat on the side of the muddy road. Three days of exchanging shifts between resting, carriage driving, and riding Yixing’s beloved horse.

 

 

Well, unless you’re Xiumin, who, being a simple poison tester, knew almost nothing about controlling horses. He got the easy way out by preparing food and keeping whoever was out there company with his jokes. But no one wanted to mess with Xiumin either. As cute and cuddly as he was, he was trained to recognize and make poisons since he was little. To make poisons was to know how to reverse them, and recognizing them meant he could smell it from a mile away. In conclusion, you’re going to die if you touch him.

 

 

Yixing had been the perfect example of a chivalrous gentleman who knew the arts of the sword and paper as well as the art of beauty and manners. Luhan only met this boy about 7 years ago. You could say they grew up together. Yixing had this sense of humor that could make anybody laugh, yet he would refuse to call himself funny. It was strange but also rather endearing. Perhaps this is the charm Luhan’s younger sister fell for. Yixing's father was a well-respected general who protected the kingdom, while he had the glory of protecting the king. This was how he met Princess Mei, Luhan’s precious little sister.

 

 

High Chancellor Chen was all the brains China could get. Incredibly intelligent and funny, he was one of the most sought out bachelors aside from the emperor himself. But we have to remember, Chen was from a small, three person family with little treasure. So as intelligent and cocky as he may seem on a daily basis, his morals were very humble, which probably made him one of the best decisions makers in all of China. That’s exactly why he’s high chancellor. He learned to ride a horse from ploughing the fields of his father’s farm, and he knew how to cook his own food. Clearly, he’s a top choice as a companion on trips like these aside from being one of the most honest friends an emperor could have.

 

 

But three whole days have passed. Riding horse, driving carriage, resting in the carriage, motion sickness from bumpy roads, eating on the side of the road, and repeat. Luhan needed to get to the famine areas, and he needed to get there fast. And he could only trust his three friends to do so.

 

 

Tonight, however, something smelled wonderful in the air. It was getting dark, and after three days of riding through the night, the posse decided to stop by an empty shelter to take a nice nap before going on tomorrow morning. It was a temple dedicated to Dragon King and it looked kind of lonely. They had taken the food bag and the clothing bag from the carriage and placed it down onto a pile of straw. A fire was lit by the talented cook, Xiumin, and a dinner of wild chicken (caught by Yixing), steamed buns, and water was served. Knowing it was the Dragon King’s temple, Luhan had decided to save a chicken leg and a steamed bun on a plate in offering to the deity and placed it in front of its statue. Feeling safe, Luhan, Yixing, Xiumin, and Chen all fell asleep on the straw.

 

 

It was dark now. The fire they had used had vanished by now, and the wind was quiet outside. Quiet to the point where any sound made would have alarmed someone. A whoosh, and a pop... then loud chewing was suddenly heard, “Oh my scales, this is soooooo good. I haven’t had chicken in ages,” whispered something quietly. Yixing was the first to wake up, instincts kicking in, and  he grabbed his sword and stood at ready. Whatever was there squealed very very loudly.


“PUT THAT SWORD DOWN. YOU DON’T WANT TO KILL ME UNLESS YOU WANT TO DIE BY THE HANDS OF A WHOLE ARMY OF IMMORTALS!”

Upon hearing the word “immortals”, Yixing froze and adjusted his eyes to the darkness. Luhan, Xiumin, and Chen were all awake by now, getting up from their makeshift straw beds. The sword dropped from the guard’s hand. It clanged loudly, echoingly, on the ground.

“Well, do speak. Don’t tell me you’ve never seen my statue before because you’re standing right in front of it,” spoke whatever was in the darkness.

“I-I-who are you?!” exclaimed Chen


The tall figure in the dark spoke, “I’m the Dragon King, you moron. And you actually looked like the smart one. Hmph.”

“Th-th-the dragon k-king? A-as in the one I j-just gave chicken to?” Nervously, Luhan stepped forward inspecting the figure.

“Yep. The one and only. That was some gooooood chicken. I haven’t had any in ages. Most of the time, they give me fish. I mean, c’mon! Why would I eat my own subjects. Chicken fits my tastes much better...” And the Dragon King rambled on. Luhan supposed it was because he had been alone for so long.

Yixing quickly gathered his friends into a small discussion. “Do you think he’s sane?”

Xiumin was the first to speak, “I think he is...”

“I second that.” spoke Chen.

“Why doesn't he have a dragon head or body like the statues?” questioned Luhan.

“Well, you didn’t think I was really like that, right?” The dragon king had somehow put his head inside the huddle and joined them in on discussion, startling an already startled Luhan.

“OH MY HEAVENS, YOU SCARED ME SO BAD. WHY DID YOU HAVE TO DO THAT!” The emperor panicked.

“Well, sooowwiee~ I just wanted to join in. I’m very lonely, you know. I don’t see people very often that I can talk to.” replied the Dragon King, “I never got to introduce myself. First of all, thanks for the lovely chicken, I might stalk you guys just for that now. Second, my real name is WuFan. Dragon King is just a title. You guys can just call me by my real name. Third, to answer the question before from this,” he pointed at Luhan, “little fluffy haired guy, I have two forms. Human, and dragon.” The tall deity smiled a handsome smile and froze there waiting for a reaction.

The four boys looked at the tall man dumbfounded.

“Whaattt???” they said at the same time.

“Anyways, I think I’ve taken a liking to you guys. You guys can stay in my temple for tonight. I really like your chicken, so expect me the minute you wake up tomorrow morning, and I’ll be leaving with you guys to wherever! TOODLES!” And the dragon king vanished into smoke.

The remaining people stared at the spot where the dragon king once stood three seconds ago, and after exchanging a weirded-out look between them, they decided to quietly lay down to sleep again.

 


Mel has been very lazy lately, so I'm getting back at her and putting her name in the story. HAVE FUN TRYING TO FIX THIS! :D

There's actually four writers working on this now, because SOMEBODY'S BEEN LAZY. Have fun with sugar high Kris, and be prepared for some new people in the next few chapters. ~Bunny

 

What did you do now princess jojo. What do I have to fix now. *dramatic, long suffering sigh* -Mel