Chapter Two: Alpaca

My Angel of Death

Luhan spent the rest of the day ignoring the man that followed him. Kris seemed to not care that Luhan ignored him and kept following him, like a stray dog. Everywhere. No matter what Luhan did, or where he went, Kris followed him with the patience of a saint.
It was already late and dark outside when Luhan came home, and greeted his mom. Kris followed him inside, like it wasn’t a big deal. Still Kris hid himself from Luhans mother, when Luhan pushed him upstairs to his room.
“What do you want!?”, Luhan finally bursted out as Kris sat down on Luhans bed, a personal pet peeve of our hero. He was terribly annoyed and angry, though he knew he could die any moment, so he was not that surprised. Which doesn't mean he suddenly believed in angels.
“Already told you. I am an angel to take your soul”
“Angels don’t do that in my opinion”, his voice almost crashed.
“I am a shinigami” Kris replied and shrugged.
Luhan raised his eyebrows and frowned.
“I don’t believe you”
“You should. Though I am still in training”
“What does in training mean?”, Luhan asked as he gestured Kris off of his bed. The former rolled annoyed his eyes.
“Not a full one? I need one more soul to be become a real one”
Luhan made a O with his mouth and put on a impressed expression.
“So you are here to take mine to become a real one?”
“Exactly. Look even my ears are fake” Kris dug out a hat from his cape and put it on. It was a sort of pirate hat, with some furry white hanging ears, obviously animal ones. Luhan started laughing loud at the sight.
“Don’t laugh at me. For us shinigamis it an honour to have real ears” Kris almost pouted. Luhan blushed and apologized.
“And what animal are you supposed to be?”
The angel was about to answer as a knock on the door interrupted them.
“Hide! Quick!” He turned to the door to see who had knocked, so he didn’t see Kris rolling his eyes. Luhans mother came in. She was a tiny woman with a really friendly face and warm and loving eyes.
“Do you need something, honey? Tea?”
“No mom. Everything is fine”, he hurried to answer, trying to seem as casual as possible, leaning against his desk.
Suddenly his mother smiled and tilted her head.
“That’s a cute toy. Did a girl give that to you?” Luhan turned around to see a sheep like plushie sitting on his bed. He raised his eyebrows and grinned a bit.
“Eh, yes. Its called Kris”, Luhan answered and flashed a smile towards his mother.
"You should ask her over" She left giggling. He returned to his bed and put the toy on his lap.
“A llama? Are you serious?”, he asked the toy.
“I am an alpaca, you idiot!!!”, Kris raged, still in his alpaca form and tried to kick Luhan.
“Alpaca? How lame” Luhan bursted out into loud laughter, as Kris moved his ears.
"Don't laugh at me!", Kris insisted, and Luhan swore he saw fog clouds appearing, as he transformed into his human form again, and was sitting on boys lap. He pouted.
"You are heavy", Luhan stated and pushed Kris away. He was confused and shocked. Nothing seemed to make sense in his head anymore. After telling Kris to be quiet, so he could sleep (The shinigami said he had to stay with him still he dies- a thought Luhan did not like at all, if he was honest), he laid himself on his perfectly clean bed, and tried to cope with everything.


"Leave me alone, can you please?", Luhan was standing in front of his coffee shop and saw Yixing waiting for him already. Kris of course, was with him and seemed to not understand what Luhan wanted. He tilted his head,so his blonde hair fell in front of his eyes and his fake alpaca ears moved up and down. You have no idea how thankful our hero was, that no one was able to see the shinigami.
"This is my privacy... I get that you have the order to stick with me because of my soul or something" Kris furrowed his strong eyebrows while Luhan was talking. "But- this is my best friend. Stay away from him"
He placed his hands in his pockets and stared at the shinigami for a while. After a while Kris nodded.
"If this is what you want, Han." Luhan sighed loudly and went into the coffeeshop. He sat down beside Yixing, who had already ordered a drink of his friend and looked outisde again, to see that Kris simply flew up into the air with this big black wings.
"Tell me all about Shinigamis. Now", Luhan demanded, as Yixing finally looked up from his book.
"Shinigamis? Like the gods of death?"
"Angels of death, I guess. Tell me about the soul taking thing" Yixing raises his eyebrows, obviously confused at his friends sudden interest in supernatural stuff.
"Well, Shingamis they- well. Take our soul out of your body when you die and... Bring you to the after world I think", Yixing replied slowly, not entirely sure if he was correct.
"Can they just take my soul or can I refuse?"
"Ehm- I think you need to agree. Why are you asking?" Luhan drank some of his drink before answering.
"I wanna write a short story", he lied. Yixing hit him on his arm.
"Do your own research, yah!"

 

--------------------------------------

A/N: what is good writing. I am sorry.