Chapter 3

Once Upon A Time

 

Luna was starting to get claustrophobic after spending some time in the room. She was paranoid because she saw no way out. She started kicking the walls with her legs and yelled out “Help!”, but nobody did.

Suddenly she heard a noise. She moved her legs to see what it was. A tiny bottle fell down when she was kicking the walls. She reached out for it and squinted, trying to read what the label on the bottle said. Drink me. Usually Luna would leave the bottle, because she was not naïve enough to drink something while not knowing what it is. But this time she had no choice. She drank it and immediately felt nauseous. Besides that, nothing happened. She put the bottle down and sighed.

It was only a few minutes later that she felt the result of the drink. She started… shrinking. Luna looked around the room as it was getting bigger and bigger. Soon she was the size of that tiny door she saw when she first got to the room.

“Like I wasn’t short enough already” she commented when she realized she can now get out of the room.

She opened the doors and immediately covered her eyes. The light from whatever was behind the door was blinding her.    She walked out. Soon the light stopped shining so brightly and, as she looked around, Luna was astonished by her surrounding. It looked nothing like she was used to,  like a completely different universe. The colors were bright, everything was weirdly shaped and giant and even the air was different. The grass, the flowers, everything was bigger than her. She was so confused and seeing a rabbit about her size wearing a suit and a top hat taking out a pocket watch made even more confused. What was in that drink? She blinked a few times, thinking she was delusional. But no, she really did see a rabbit checking the time.

“Hey, you!” Luna yelled and the rabbit turned to her.

“Wh-wh-what?” to Luna’s surprise, the rabbit talked. He was a talking animal. Luna couldn’t believe it.

“Yes, you, talking rabbit” she walked over to the rabbit, “could you please tell me where I am?”

“What do you mean? You’re in Wonderland!”

“Wonderland?” Luna said in disbelief.

“Why, yes. Wonderland, the most wonderful land in all the worlds!” the rabbit said slightly stuttering.

The rabbit noticed Luna was confused. “You’ve never heard of Wonderland?”

Luna shook her head and now the rabbit was confused. She never heard of Wonderland? How is that possible?

“Well, if you never heard of Wonderland, how did you get here?” the rabbit asked.

“I came her trough a rabbit hole.”

“Did you, by any chance, drink anything?”

“Yes, I did. The bottle had a piece of paper attached to it that said drink me” Luna explained.

“Oh, I see” the rabbit took off his top hat and pulled something out of it. It was a piece of cake. He offered it to Luna without saying anything. She took it and read what it was written on it. Eat me. She looked at the rabbit. She had doubts about eating it, considering what happened last time. But, she thought it couldn’t get worse and ate it. It had a similar effect as the drink. At first she felt nauseous, but after a few minutes she started growing. She looked down, noticing how far from her ground she was getting. Soon after she grew back to her normal size, she started looking around for the rabbit.

He was already a few meters away from her and he was nervously looking at his pocket watch.

“Hey, why are you leaving me?” Luna said while running towards the rabbit.

“I’m not. I just… I just have to be somewhere.”

“Where?” Luna asked suspiciously.

“I don’t have time to explain. The queen will be very mad if I’m late” The rabbit said as he started walking.

“The queen? Queen Yoona? You work for her?” Luna followed him.

“Yoona? No! I work for The Queen of Hearts. And you have to stop following me and get back to wherever you came from!”

“Who’s The Queen of Hearts? And why do I have to go?”

“The Queen doesn’t like intruders.”

“But, rabbit, I don’t know how to get back home” Luna said worriedly.

“Well, sorry, I can’t help you. And I have a name. It’s The White Rabbit.”

“Wow, how original” Luna answered.

All of a sudden, somebody grabbed her hand. She turned around and saw two guards. The one holding Luna put a hand over because she was about to scream and  the other one grabbed the Rabbit.

“Rabbit, the Queen has been waiting for you for too long. You and your friend are paying her a visit” one of them said and they took them to The Queen’s palace.