Flashback

Alone

 

Lrhxw.jpg

 

Flashback.

 

 

 

 

 

“Good job, Mr Lee. I’m glad you didn’t waste the last chance I gave you. The board actually find the proposal weird, but after some discussions, it was approved. Good job too, Ms Kim—”

 

 

“So now, we have to plan the outline of the episode. Let’s focus on the first episode. All you guys know, we must’ve something attention-catching and interesting. It’s a must—” “Donghae-shi, what about the rumoured ‘haunted house’ at Chungnam, have you heard of that?” Lee Hyukjae said as he gave out piles of paper. “I grew up fearing that place, it’s a 30 min walk from the main town. It’s found in the forest area. I’ve just been there once, and it’s really creepy. It gives out different feeling each step you take…..” Hyukjae then continued telling the team what the area looks like.

 

“Yah, Hyukjae oppa that was definitely scary!” Sunkyu exclaimed!

“But don’t you think it’s to cliché?” Finally, the ever silent Nichkhun stated.

 

The planning took hours, and the preparation for the first episode is getting done.

 

 

/

 

 

 

“So, Jessica, name your deal.” Kyuhyun sternly said. His voice was sure he can have a good deal with Jessica. Moreover, he did a research about her. He knew how bad her financial status was. He knew how bad she wanted to go to university and open her own boutique. But he didn’t knew the bait he was thinking was useless, her family. Ironically, he thought she’ll beg for their lives. But when he heard what Jessica said to them at the prison, his confidence decreased a bit. But he knew Jessica are one of those at the position, and he was at the place where he can give everything she wanted.

 

“Help me get back to university.”

Finally, the Jung girl blurted out what Cho Kyuhyun expected.

 

“Just that? I’ll even help you open your own boutique.” Kyuhyun said with a smirk.

 

Does he really think I don’t know that he knew what I’m after?

 

“Sure. Deal?” Kyuhyun extended his hand. “Deal”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jessica roamed around inside the big room Kyuhyun lent to her. It was indeed spacious to be called a room. But for Jessica, it doesn’t matter. What matters to her the most is what Kyuhyun whispered to her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

/

 

 

 

 

 

It was first year of high school….. When it all started.

 

Flashback.

 

“Annyeong haseyo! Kwon Yuri imnida!” The petite girl with long jet black hair said. So, she was the girl they were talking about. She’s very beautiful. Her tanned skin suits her bubbly image. Black Pearl will be a good nickname for her.

 

 

“So, Ms Yuri, you don’t mind if you seat with Jessica, right?” The class made a disgusting face, while Hara, the self-proclaimed campus queen shouted in annoyance; “With that freak, Mrs. Park? You’re asking the new transferee to sit with a freak? You must be kidding me!” The other people in the class laugh, while the Kwon girl headed straight to the only empty seat available.

 

It’s true she’s different. But not in a freaking way. She’s blonde; she has the icy aura around her. But she can sense she’s a good, no a nice person who was just underestimated.

 

“I can request another table if you don’t want to sit there.” The teacher said. It’s probably the rudest comment she heard from someone. She looked at Jessica who silently shed a lone tear beside her. Even the teacher thinks her a as freak.  “It’s okay, Mrs Park, I would love to be her seatmate.”

 

 

/

 

It was lunch time.

Jessica grabbed through her MP3 and plucked it to her ears. She blasted the volumes up; oblivious to her surrounding—she’s listening to her songs—rock and emotional. She silently sings as her favourite song— The Sharpest Lives—played.

 

 

 

Well, it rains and it pours when you're out on your own. If I crash on the couch can I sleep in my clothes? 'Cause I've spent the night dancing I'm drunk, I suppose. If it looks like I'm laughing I'm really just asking to leave.

 

 

She knows she’s alone. She got no one.

…. The truth hurts, and reality kills.

So wake up in your dreams.

 

This alone, you're in time for the show. You're the one that I need; I'm the one that you loathe. You can watch me corrode like a beast in repose. 'Cause I love all the poison away with the boys in the band

 

Maybe it’s show time.

Show time. Pretend not to be hurt, Jessica.

Where’s your façade? Where’s the wall you’ve built?

Where’s the dreadful look? The killer gaze?

 

I've really been on a bender and it shows. So why don't you blow me a kiss before she goes? Give me a shot to remember. And you can take all the pain away from me. A kiss and I will surrender. The sharpest lives are the deadliest to lead

 

I’m already hurt, so why not trying more?

At least I know I’m alive if I feel the physical pain subsided to the deepest of my skin.

Then I reckon how much I try to understand physical pain is as ridicule as me.

 

A light to burn all the empires. So bright the sun is ashamed to rise and be. In love with all of these vampires. So you can leave like the sane abandoned me
There's a place in the dark where the animals go. You can take off your skin in the cannibal glow. Juliet loves the beat and the lust it commands. Drop the dagger and lather the blood on your ha

 

“Hello, seatmate! Aren’t you going out for lunch?” The new girl tapped her shoulders.

“Oh, btw, I am Kwon Yuri, nice meeting, you Jessica-ssi!”

 

The girl full of chatter almost got Jessica’s patience to borderline. No one ever dared—or to speak to her like that.

 

But she liked that feeling. She liked the feeling when she had this someone who would ask to go on lunch with her. For a moment she doesn’t feel alone.

 

“But, aren’t you scared of me?” The tanned girl laugh.

“Silly, I really wanted to be friends with you. When I saw you this early morning, I wanted to say hi, but I was in a rush. So, friends?”

 

The Jung girl was at her momentum—a friend? Oh my god, she must be dreaming.

But no. It’s all real. All damn real.

 

“Uh—sure.” For the first time in her lonely life, a genuine smile was seen on her pretty face.

 

/

 

 

She smiled at the thought of her. Her first real friend, and probably, the last.

 

 

 

E4Efm.jpg

A/N: The lyrics are from My Chemical Romance’sThe Sharpest Lives’ from the album The Black Parade.

 

 

E4Efm.jpg

 

 

 

Author's Corner

 

Hello guis! It's been awhile ^_^

I'm just here to post a chapter which I've written ages ago. Well, actually I've already finished the story before, and I'll just post them whenever I have time. I'm extremely, deadly busy. School's not starting yet, but I'm working so it makes sense. I'll sorry this early if I'm not be able to reply to your lovely comments. I've always loved reading them and replying to them. But I guess I'm getting busier. Maybe if I get enough comments, I'll post the other chapters soon!