Four

Crashed [HIATUS]

 

"Good morning, Miss Bang! Would you like some coffee?" Daehyun greeted his ladyboss with his bright teethy smile. Apparently, Daehyun had arrived earlier and he was standing in front of Yoona's office, since he doesn't have access into her office. 
 
"Oh, hi... Uhh, no thanks..." Yoona mumbled as she dug through her handbag for her office pass. 
 
"You look nice today, Miss Bang!" Daehyun complimented as he studied his boss's fashionable outfit from head to toe. 
 
"Oh, thanks." Yoona replied with a non-expressive facial expression as she flashed her pass at the scanner and entered her office.
 
'Gee, does she even have a boyfriend? How come she's so... Unexpressive?' Daehyun insulted at the back of his mind as he followed closely behind his ladyboss into the office.
 
"Get the files and papers from Erine, pronto." Yoona instructed without even making eye contact with her assisstant. 
 
Daehyun was slightly taken aback by her behaviour but he decided not to bring the matter up since it's his first day here so he just did as he was told. 
 
~~~~~~~~
 
"Umm, Miss Bang wants her files and papers now." Daehyun requested. 
 
"Oh, you're her new personal assistant?" Erine exclaimed. 
 
"Yeah..." Daehyun murmured. 
 
"Nice to meet you! I'm Erine, the receptionist." Erine flashed a quick smile before leaving into a small room behind her counter to collect Miss Bang's files. 
 
Daehyun just plastered on a smile on his face as he waited patiently for the files. 
 
"I'm telling you bro, your sister would definitely not like it if she finds out your intentions and plans. I'm advicing you to think twice about this plan of yours! And don't drag me along with this plan of yours. You get it?" A loud and deep voice was heard coming closer to Daehyun. 
 
Daehyun turned around to see who it was when he saw a slightly build sized body guy approaching him while talking on the phone. And he looked pissed. 
 
"For God's sake, don't drag me along Yongguk! Don't!" The guy then shook his head and continued, "Gosh! We'll just talk about this once you've reached here! Hurry up with the meeting bro!" He then hung up and slit his phone in his back pocket.
 
That guy caught Daehyun staring at him. Daehyun quickly turned back around and fidgeted on his spot. 
 
"Hey, you're Daehyun right?" The guy tapped on Daehyun's shoulder. 
 
"Oh, err, yeah." Daehyun fidgeted. 
 
"I'm Daniel. Daniel Chae." Daniel took out his hand and Daehyun grabbed it instantly. "I'm Yongguk's personal assistant." 
 
"Oh I see. Nice to meet you, Daniel!" Daehyun smiled widely. 
 
"You're Yoona's assistant right?" Daniel raised his eyebrow. 
 
"Yeah!" Daehyun cheered. 
 
"Ahh, I see. So, how's it been working for her?" Daniel went into his investigating mode. 
 
"Err, I'm not sure whether I can say this, but..." Daehyun looked around to check his blindspot before continuing, "Miss Bang is quite hot-headed. She's unfriendly, in other words." 
 
Daniel laughed out loud, "She's like that! Do you wanna know how to soothe her heart?" 
 
"Soothe her heart?" Daehyun raised his eyebrow. 
 
"Meaning, how to capture her heart." Daniel continued. 
 
"Capture her heart?" Daehyun looked confused. 
 
"God damn it, you can't be that slow right?" Daniel bursted, earning a nerdy giggle from Daehyun. "What I meant was, how to make her be more friendly towards you!" 
 
"Ohhh ~ Say things simpler next time!" Daehyun exclaimed. 
 
Daniel rewarded him with an expression like this (-.-), before continuing, "Moving on! First of all, she likes flowers. Roses, to be precise. Chocolates are her best friend. And she loves cheesecake!" 
 
"Cheesecake? I love it too!" Daehyun cheered.
 
"Okay ~ That, I don't wanna know. So, have you picked up the basics yet?" 
 
"I guess so." Daehyun shrugged. "What's the point of sharing with me this anyway?" 
 
"You're seriously clueless?" Daniel raised his eyebrow while Daehyun just nodded his head like a small boy. Daniel facepalmed himself. "So that you can buy her flowers, chocolates & cheesecakes just so to make her be more friendly towards you!" 
 
"Oh ~ Now I get it!" Daehyun stared in midair as Daniel just stared at the slow creature. 
 
"Here's the files you requested for." Erine called out, interrupting at the right point of time. 
 
"Oh, thanks!" Daehyun reached out to grab the files. "I'll be going off now. Thanks for the tips anyway!" 
 
Daniel plastered on a smile on his face, "No problem! Have fun working! Good luck!" 
 
Daniel stared at Daehyun's back as the latter walked away. 
 
'Am I really gonna help Yongguk with this plan? What did I just do? Am I really doing this? What about my own feelings? What about me? I like her and yet I'm helping this guy to capture her heart? What is this nonsense?' Daniel thought and regret started to fill his emotions. 'This can't be happening.'