Two

Crashed [HIATUS]

 

Upon reaching the office, both the two siblings were swarmed by Yongguk's workers with piles of files and paperloads and not to forget, questions being thrown to the both of them. Yoona responded to the workers' calls and questions but Yongguk just pushed himself through the crowd and made his way to his office. Once he scanned his identity card and pushed open the tinted glass door, his assistant greeted him. 
 
"Morning bro!" Daniel greeted Yongguk with his warm smile. 
 
"Hey bro! Mind getting those files from them? I couldn't care less." Yongguk sighed as he placed his briefcase on his table and he immediately crashed on his chair. 
 
"Sure thing. What am I here for right?" Daniel stood up from his seat, his desk was just opposite from Yongguk's, and he immediately made his way out of Yongguk's office to claim the files that his boss previously asked for. 
 
Daniel noticed Yoona who was carrying loads of piled files and papers while he was making his way to the desired location. He decided to lend a helping hand to his best buddy since she is probably gonna have difficulty opening her office door while holding those bunch of stuffs. 
 
"Do you need two more helping hands?" Daniel offered as he stood in front of Yoona. 
 
Yoona peered and saw who it was. "Yes, thank you!" She forced out a smile. 
 
Daniel leaned in closer to Yoona to claim the files and papers with his hands. 
 
"Thank you so much. That was much needed." Yoona sighed in relief as she fixed her blouse and pencil skirt back neatly. 
 
"Hey, what are buddies for right?" Daniel winked as he followed Yoona closely by her side. "You know what else is a buddy for?" 
 
"What?" Yoona asked, raising her eyebrows. 
 
"Buddies are supposed to reply to their buddy's text message." Daniel exclaimed as he rolled his eyes. 
 
"Oh me gosh! I'm so sorry!" Yoona replied while covering her face with both her hands. 
 
"I think you should just throw your phone away." Daniel joked. 
 
Yoona just gave him a quick smile before focusing back her attention on the ground. 
 
"I heard that there's gonna be a new kid joining our company." Daniel spoke up. 
 
"Oh really? Good then." Yoona replied, still looking at the ground as she was walking. 
 
"Yeah ~ We need a few more helping hands around in this office." Daniel responded. 
 
"Uh-huh," Yoona simply murmured as she took out her identity card and flashed it at the scanner. "Thanks again for your help." 
 
"No problemo ~" Daniel said as he gently placed the stuff on Yoona's table. 
 
Yoona made her way in and got herself comfortably seated on her yellow chair. 
 
"Oh and by the way, you look gorgeous today, as usual." Daniel clucked his tongue before leaving Yoona's office. 
 
Yoona just smiled in return as she had gotten so used to her friend's compliments everyday. Yes, Daniel compliments her everyday. Every single day! He'll just randomly say 'Nice hair' or 'Nice outfit' or even 'You look pretty today'. That's the Daniel Chae that Yoona had gotten used to. To her, his compliments is just something pretty normal but apparently, his compliments is something that the other office girls would die for to get! But Yoona couldn't care less. Her attitude is indeed similar to her brother: the-couldn't-care-less siblings.
 
Daniel made his way to claim what he was supposed to be claiming and he immediately went back to Yongguk's office once he collected the files and papers. 
 
"What took you so long?" Yongguk exclaimed as he was meddling with his laptop. 
 
"Sorry, was helping your sister earlier on." Daniel explained as he placed the stuff beside Yongguk's laptop. 
 
"No wonder," Yongguk rolled his eyes. "Next time, run your errands first before flirting with my sister." 
 
Daniel stood there rooted in front of Yongguk's table, obviously stunned by Yongguk's statement. Yongguk slowly looked up to face Daniel and he realised he said something unusual. 
 
"Oh, sorry! Was a joke." Yongguk assured. 
 
Daniel turned back and walked to his desk while he sighed out of relief. 
 
'I thought he knew something.' Daniel thought. 
 
Suddenly, Yongguk's office grew silent so Daniel decided to break off the silent atmosphere that was bore to him. 
 
"Hey bro, I kinda miss the old Yoona. You know, the funny and friendly Yoona?" 
 
Yongguk stopped typing on his keypad and he locked his gaze on Daniel. "I feel the same way too." 
 
"Earlier on, I made this one joke but she didn't respond. She didn't laugh the way she'd always laugh at my jokes last time! I'm so frustrated!" Daniel growled. 
 
"I know how you feel dude... I feel like sometimes Yoona is like a zombie. She talks only when there is something to be talked about, and she just smiles away, even her smile looks forced and unnatural." Yongguk shared his thoughts. 
 
"Yeah! Exactly! When will I be able to see the old Yoona? The friendly and funny Yoona? She used to be the happy-go-lucky type! She's Miss Sunshine! She was always smiling! And even the way she smile is so different then and now!" Daniel continued. 
 
"Uh-huh... I miss her..." Yongguk murmured as he sat back lazily on his chair. 
 
"Me too." Daniel did the same. 
 
"This is all because of that freaking bastard!" Yongguk suddenly sat up straight with his teeth gritted. "If he didn't my sister, she wouldn't be so traumatized. He even beat her up when they were dating! I still remember my sister coming back home with bruises and blood on her skin but she still tried to hide it because she loves him. She 'loves' him." Yongguk create an apostrophe sign with his fingers. 
 
Daniel was about to say something when Yongguk interrupted him. 
 
"And thanks to him, my sister tried to kill herself because he broke up with her. She tried all ways to kill herself. Sleeping pills, injections, starve herself, and even tried to crash her car that one night." 
 
Daniel just shook his head slowly as the memories of Yoona trying to kill herself came back to his mind as vivid as ever. 
 
"I will never forgive that damn bastard. him. He will never get away that easily." Yongguk tightened his fists and his fists curved into a ball, ready to punch that jerk. 
 
"If I ever see him again, he's gonna get it from me too." Daniel assured. 
 
Just as Yongguk was about to continue, someone interrupted their conversation. 
 
"Mr Bang, someone is here to see you. He said his name is Jung Daehyun." Erine, one of the receptionist, spoke through the telecom. 
 
 
Second chapter is up! I hope you guys enjoyed it so far eventhough I know it's quite boring lol but I'll try my very best to keep it entertained! Show your love people! :)