Chapter 3

GD Got Married

 

 

"Oh? Where is this?" Miseon asked as they watch the camera go through an unfamiliar apartment.

 

The camera showed the calm but concerned faces of TOP and Taeyang. It then shifted towards Daesung and Seungri who were both a lot more obvious with their concern than the former two. A slightly wider shot of the four revealed that they were in the process of cooking instant ramyeon.

 

"It's Big Bang's dorm," Hwisoon concluded.

 

"Where's GD?" Jungmin asked.

 

The camera answered the MC's question when it revealed a quite obviously pissed Jiyong who was stabbing his noodles with his chopsticks rather than mixing it.

 

"Omo, what happened? What happened?" Nayoung asked.

 

 

 

“Jiyong-hyung was... well, he and Heesun-noona were suppose to go on a date today but... well, she cancelled all of a sudden,” Seungri told the interviewer, looking around and tripping over his words nervously.

 

“Him again?” Miseon asked.

 

“He’s GD’s speaker,” Jungmin told her.

 

“He was stood up?”

 

“Ani-- Hyung-- .... Y-Yes....”

 

“Why are you the one saying this?”

 

“Hyung didn’t want to....”

 

“...”

 

 

 

“Jiyongie-hyung....” Daesung called.

 

“What?”

 

“... Are... you okay...?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

With that, the members then returned to their food.

 

 

The view changed to outside Big Bang’s dorm’s where a certain trench coat clad woman stood on the sidewalk opposite to the building, holding several plastic bags. The camera zooms in on the woman and revealed Heesun’s face which was still heavily made up.

 

“It’s Heesun-sshi,” Miseon noted.

 

“This couple likes meeting at night, huh?” Hwisoon asked.

 

“Don’t say it weirdly like that! You make it sound like they’re doing something suspicious!” Nayoung scolded him.

 

Heesun bit her lip nervously as she looked up at her husband’s dorm. Letting out her tension through a sigh, she crossed the street.

 

 

 

“We were actually suppose to go on a date earlier today,” Heesun began with a anxious smile. “We were suppose to go on a date but, while I was getting ready, our manager got a call that the photographer for our album photo shoot asked for the shoot to be moved to today because he won’t be available on the day we had previously agreed on.”

 

“Oooh, because SNSD’s releasing a Japanese album soon,” Jungmin realized.

 

“It’s really weird that you know that...” Miseon told him.

 

“Naturally, I cancelled with him because it was work,” Heesun said in an almost defensive tone. “And he told me it was okay but...”

 

“Oh he’s okay alright,” Hwisoon said sarcastically.

 

“He’s snapping at members for no reason,” Jungmin added.

 

“... but he said it like this! ‘No, it’s okay. Work should come first’,” Heesun complained with an imitation of Jiyong’s dull I’ll-tell-you-it’s-okay-but-it-really-isn’t-so-be-guilty voice.

 

“What’s up with that?! I’m the woman here! I should be the one doing stuff like that and making him guilty when he screws up! He’s not allowed to do stuff like that! Aish! So annoying!” she whined.

 

Eventually, she calmed herself down and explained the situation to the interviewer, avoiding eye contact the whole time although discreetly at first.

 

“That’s why I went to his dorm after the shoot...” she explained. “I’m not guilty or anything! That would mean I did something wrong but I didn’t cause it was work! I just don’t want him to act annoying or say that I need to do a dumb punishment or something when we meet next time.”

 

“What did you do for him?”

 

Heesun didn’t answer immediately, opting to turn away from the interviewer and pout at air.

 

“I cooked dinner for him....”

 

“How nice!” Nayoung squealed.

 

“Men like things like that too even if they get shy about it at first,” Jungmin told his fellow MCs.

 

 

 

Heesun entered the building, struggling with the plastic bags in her hands the whole way. She let out a huge sigh of relief when she entered the building’s elevator where she was able to put down the bags.

 

 

The sound of the doorbell resounded in Big Bang’s dorm, claiming the five boys’s attention. The members look at each other, wondering who could be visiting them so late at night, while their leader returns to glaring at his cup noodles.

 

“Yah Maknae, get the door,” Jiyong told Seungri. Seungri, not wanting to upset his hyung further, immediately complied and ran to the intercom.

 

“Who is it?” he asked into the intercom. His eyes widened when he heard the reply and hurried to the door.

 

“Noona!” he cried, whipping the door open.

 

“Annyeong haseyo!” Heesun greeted, obviously nervous and bowing politely. Seungri, embarrassed by her politeness, remembered his manners and bowed at a 90 degree (arguably lower) angle repeatedly.

 

“Noona, let me help you!” he said in panic, taking Heesun’s bags from her.

 

“Oh, you don’t have to!” Heesun cried, trying to take back a least one or two bags but the younger man refused firmly.

 

“Noona, how could you bring such heavy bags all the way here by yourself?! You should’ve called and asked us for help!” Seungri scolded her lightly, slightly surprised by the weight of the bags. Heesun laughed nervously. Seungri then led her to the kitchen where everyone else was.

 

“Yah, Seungri-ah, who was it?” Taeyang asked, slurping on his noodles.

 

“Hyung, you’re not going to believe this,” Seunri told Jiyong with wide eyes.

 

“What?” the leader asked, cocking a brow at the maknae. The other members also looked at Seungri curiously.

 

“Annyeong haseyo!” Heesun greeted the members as she entered the kitchen, bowing while looking at them all. The members stood right up at the sight of her, mouths hung wide open. Seungri was right, Jiyong couldn’t believe what he was seeing.

 

“Annyeong haseyo, annyeong haseyo,” the members, except Jiyong, repeated, bowing and bowing just as Seungri had earlier. The aforementioned maknae snickered to himself while he set down his sister-in-law’s bags.

 

“Ah no, you don’t have to,” Heesun said, waving her hand for them to stop. Everyone straightened up and an awkward air befell them.

 

“Um...” Daesung started, being someone who really disliked awkwardness. “You look really pretty up close, Noona.” This seemed to snap Jiyong back to reality.

 

“Yah! Kang Daesung!” Jiyong yelled, pointing at his dongsaeng while his wife thanked him shyly.

 

“It’s really unusual to see Heesun-sshi like this. Normally she’s full of confidence,” Miseon stated, earning agreement from his fellow MCs.

 

“Um... what are you doing here?” Jiyong asked Heesun, his face unsure of what expression to show, as he was torn between his bitterness over his being stood up and his happiness at his wife’s presence. “Not that I don’t want you here, it’s just....”

 

“I... thought since we couldn’t see each other earlier that I would come visit and... maybe cook you all dinner, if it’s alright,” Heesun explained slowly, eyeing the cup noodles that was obviously serving as the boys’s dinner.

 

“IT’S ALRIGHT!!!” the members, except Jiyong, confirmed loudly.

 

“You guys...!” Jiyong scolded his group before turning to Heesun, a hand scratching the back of his head. “If it’s not too much trouble....”

 

“I’ll cook dinner then,” Heesun said with a bright, excited smile.

 

 

 

“That’s really unfair,” Jiyong complained to the interviewer. “It’s difficult to be angry if she smiles at me like that. She’s cheating.”

 

 

 

“Alright.” It was then that Jiyong couldn’t hold it anymore and his face broke out into a smile. “Oh, but before that, I should introduce them.” Heesun smiled and nodded.

 

“That’s Seungyun-hyung, Youngbae, Daesung, and Seungri,” Jiyong told her, pointing to the person as he introduced them. The person introduced would then bow as his name is spoken. 

 

“Annyeong, Hyungsoonim[1]~!” Seungri and Daesung greeted loudly.

 

“Since Jiyongie’s younger than us, we’ll call you ‘Jesoonim’[2],” Taeyang told her, earning a nod from both TOP and Heesun.

 

Heesun smiled brightly and returned their bows. Her child-like smile was successful in brushing some pink onto the members’s cheeks.

 

“Okay, okay, now you guys go out. Heesun’s going to cook and you’re crowding the kitchen,” Jiyong ordered them, pushing Seungri out. The members followed the maknae out.

 

“Hyung, don’t do anything weird to Hyungsoonim here, okay? Don’t forget that this is a kitchen and we’re right outside,” Seungri reminded them, popping back in with a fake innocent expression, causing the couple to blush.

 

“Seungri-sshi has a weird mind like Hwisoon-sshi, huh?” Nayoung commented with a grimace.

 

“And he’s the maknae too,” Miseon reminded her friend, matching her expression.

 

“YAH! LEE SEUNGHYUN!!!” Jiyong yelled, almost growling while Heesun laughed nervously. Seungri laughed before getting hit on the head by Taeyang. TOP pulled the maknae by the neck and the members retreat from the couples, and the cameras’s, view.

 

The kitchen is then filled by silence and it wasn’t a good one.

 

“Somehow, they’re more awkward now than when they first met,” Miseon commented curiously. “Aish! Jiyong-sshi’s making her uncomfortable with the way he’s acting, like he doesn’t want her there!"

 

“Omo, what to do? What to do?” Nayoung asked worriedly.

 

“Why do people keep thinking that we’re going to do something weird...?” Jiyong muttered unhappily, mostly to himself, earning a comforting laugh from Heesun. 

 

His eyes then turned to Heesun, eyeing the skirt portion of her trench coat which was puffed up as though she had stuffed around five petticoats under it.

 

“Let me... um...” Jiyong said awkwardly, moving to take the trench coat just as awkwardly. Heesun’s eyes widened.

 

“No, no! It’s okay!” she said quickly, backing away from Jiyong and waving her hands in front of her face wildly. 

 

Jiyong frowned, eyeing her suspiciously.

 

“Jiyong-sshi’s temper is a bit short today, huh?” Hyungsoo noted worriedly.

 

“Omo...” Nayoung frowned.

 

“Come on, just take it off,” he urged her.

 

“No, really! It’s okay!” Heesun said nervously. Jiyong opened his mouth to say something

 

“HYUNG! I SAID NOT TO DO ANYTHING WEIRD TO HYUNGSOONIM!!!” 

 

... but he was interrupted.

 

“YAH! MAKNAE-AH!!!” Jiyong yelled in embarrassment.

 

“Seungri!” TOP and Taeyang could be heard growling, followed by Seungri choking. Daesung then appeared by the doorway with a sheepish smile.

 

“We’ll just be in our rooms. Please call us when dinner’s done,” was what he said before disappearing.

 

The couple waited for the members’s shuffling to disappear before releasing their unconsciously tense postures with loud sighs. They looked at each other and another awkward silence settled in.

 

After few very uncomfortable seconds, Jiyong cleared his throat.

 

“You’ll ruin your sleeves if you cook wearing your coat,” he reasoned with her, slightly calmer compared to his annoyed urging.

 

“I’ll fold it up then,” Heesun said before proceeding to do just that. Well, she didn’t exactly fold. Instead, she pulled her sleeves up only to have the smooth but stiff fabric slide back down her arm. She pouted at the offending cloth.

 

“Please,” Jiyong pleaded with a sigh, holding his arm out for her to place her coat on. Heesun looked at Jiyong, fully prepared to resist him but decided against it seeing as her husband seemed to have a rather short fuse that evening.

 

Nervously, she popped her buttons open and slipped off the coat. Jiyong’s eyes went wide at the sight that greeted him. Now he knew why her coat was puffed up the way it was.

 

In front of him stood Heesun, almost sparkling in her unveiled white, tube dress with a ball of frills for a skirt[3]. All in all, it wasn't really common street wear nor was it proper cooking attire.

 

“I... wanted to get ingredients from this store that sells really fresh foods but the shoot ended really late so I went off right after they undid my hair. I just asked if I could return the costume tomorrow so I could catch the store before it closed...” Heesun explained herself, looking at the ground in embarrassment. “I’m not guilty or anything! Just... if I’m going to do something, it has to be great or else it’s nothing.”

 

“Ooooh, so Heesun-sshi has that type of personality,” Nayoung nodded to herself.

 

“She’s a perfectionist,” Miseon said.

 

“She’s even more of a perfectionist when it comes to choreography,” Hwisoon informed, earning a serious nod from Jungmin.

 

Miseon and Nayoung scrunched their noses at the two.

 

Jiyong stared at the blushing Heesun in surprise, knowing that what she had done was for him although she was trying to pass off her deed as narcissism. He smiled gently and nodded.

 

“Alright, but I still think you shouldn’t wear the coat. You really will ruin the sleeves. I tried to cook with a jacket on once and the color of the sauce never came off. Youngbae scolded me a lot for it,” Jiyong told her with a small chuckle. 

 

“Just...” he trailed off as he walked over to the apron, taking it from the hook it was hanging from, and putting the hoop through Heesun’s head. “... wear this so your dress doesn’t get wet.”

 

He swept off imaginary dust from the apron with his hand before grinning right at her blushing face. “Okay?” he asked cutely.

 

Heesun pouted, looking at the floor as she couldn’t find it in herself to look at her husband. “Stop dominating like that. I want to be the one dominating this relationship...” Heesun mumbled in embarrassment. 

 

“Okay, okay,” Jiyong chuckled in amusement but didn’t back away. Heesun fidgeted uncomfortably at the proximity.

 

“AISH! You told your members to leave because they’ll crowd the kitchen but your doing the same!” Heesun whined loudly, stomping her foot like a child. “I told you already before, right?! Your presence make rooms stuffy! Stop getting into my personal space!”

 

Jiyong laughed loudly but obeyed. 

 

After shooting her husband an annoyed glare, Heesun finally started cooking. Jiyong walked around the kitchen to search for a place to hang her coat.

 

“What are you going to cook?” he asked as he hanged the coat on the hook that had previously held the apron. 

 

“Gye ran mal e[4],” Heesun told him as she laid out the ingredients in front of her.

 

“REALLY?!” Jiyong almost yelled.

 

“What? You like them?” Heesun laughed, incredulous of her husband’s sudden excitement but not turning to look at him.

 

“WE LOVE THEM.”

 

“It’s a good thing I chose to cook them then,” she said, smiling to herself.

 

“I’m really looking forward to it now,” Jiyong told her. He examined the hanged coat for a few seconds before taking it from the hook.

 

“You should. You’re going to eat a meal prepared by Kim Heesun,” she said with a proud huff.

 

Jiyong snickered to himself as he slipped a hanger into the coat before rehanging it neatly on the hook.

 

“Don’t laugh. I’m serious!” Heesun scolded him though the impact came softly as she was laughing too.

 

“Alright, alright,” Jiyong chuckled before setting himself on a stool. He proceeded to watching his wife cook with a small, satisfied smile.

 

...

 

“Oh! I saw that!” Jungmin said accusingly, pointing a finger at the screen they were watching. “His eyes are going down!”

 

The camera proved the MC’s accusation as it showed a profile view of Jiyong which showed his eyes traveling down. The scene was then replayed in low bird’s eye view of the kitchen. A broken line from Jiyong’s eyes to Heesun’s form was drawn. The line started from the back of her head, made pitstops on her exposed shoulder, her thin waist, and ended on her long legs.

 

“See? See? He’s ogling her!” Jungmin told his fellow MCs like a child would tell his/her parent about a mean classmate who stole his snacks.

 

“Aigoo...” Miseon and Nayoung sighed in disapproval.

 

 

 

“While I was watching her cook I thought, ‘So this is what it feels like to have your wife cook for you’,” Jiyong told the interviewer with a gentle smile on his face. “I really liked it.”

 

“What did you think of her outfit?”

 

“Huh?” Jiyong’s wide eyes and surprised inquiry came all too quickly. 

 

The interviewer repeated the question.

 

“Uh...” Jiyong said with a slow chuckle. He hid his eyes in his hand. He knew he was caught.

 

“Jiyong-sshi?”

 

Jiyong’s head came back up, he faced the camera with a quivering smile. “I thought... she was really pretty.”

 

“I see.”

 

...

 

Jiyong bursted out laughing, burying his face in his hands.

 

 

 

“What kind of house do you want?” Jiyong asked 

 

“Hm... it would be nice if we had a house with a work area for the both of us,” Heesun hummed as she continued cooking.

 

“Oh? Wae wae?”

 

“We don’t get to see each other very often because of work so it would be nice if we had a workplace at home for when we get work that we can bring home. We won’t be able to talk to each other while we’re working but at least we won’t have to go very far just to meet and eat meals together. Plus, we’re both in the entertainment industry so we can ask for help from each other when we need it.”

 

“Ohhhh. That’s right. So a recording studio for me and a mini dance studio[5] for you?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Isn’t that... a bit expensive?” Jiyong asked with a nervous chuckle.

 

“You’re a Hallyu star, aren’t you?”

 

“Yes, but--”

 

“Use your salary then.”

 

“But--”

 

“I won’t accept anything less.”

 

“Heesu--”

 

“You’re my husband, aren’t you? Do what I want.”

 

“Heesun-ah, I don’t think I can--”

 

“Wae?” Heesun asked, turning around and situating him with a pout. “It’s a good idea isn’t it? Why are you disagreeing?”

 

Jiyong didn’t know what to say after that. Heesun, although her demands were unreasonable, was very cute with her demanding. She pouted at Jiyong like a child who couldn’t understand why she was told “no” and, somehow, she was.

 

In the end, Jiyong sighed and smiled. 

 

“It’s a good idea and I like it and... I’ll... make it work,” he told her.

 

“Really?!” Heesun asked excitedly before catching herself and attempting to regain her cool. “I... mean, of course you will. You’re Kim Heesun’s husband, after all.”

 

She returns to her cooking with her nose snootily held in the air. Jiyong laughed endearingly and they encounter a comfortable silence.

 

“Hey... what about you? What kind of house do you want?” Heesun asked distractedly after a few minutes.

 

Jiyong hummed as he wondered about the question. “For me... as long as Heesun’s there I’ll like it.”

 

This made her pause in her cooking.

 

“Wh-What’s wrong with you? So stupid....” It didn’t take a genius to figure out she was embarrassed.

 

 

 

“Jiyong-sshi seemed to be rather dominating that night.”

 

“I let him do it. You know, since I maybe did something wrong that I have to make up for... which I didn’t,” Heesun told the interviewer.

 

 

 

Jiyong laughed.

 

“What? You want me to become furniture or something? I have a job too, you know! Aish! So annoying!” she groaned out before turning around with a plate of Korean egg rolls. 

 

“Hey you, hurry up and set up the table or you won’t get any of this delicious food that only Kim Heesun can create!” she shouted in an attempt to cover up her embarrassment before rushing out of the kitchen.

 

“Hey! Wait, you can’t go out like that!”

 

 

“GYE RAN MAL E!!!” Seungri yelled as the members rushed to the dinner table.

 

“Omooooo! It smells so gooooood~!” Daesung moaned.

 

Heesun grinned proudly as she served the egg rolls, now dressed in Jiyong’s big shirt and sweat pants. The rest of the night was summarized with bits and pieces of a rowdy, happy dinner. Jokes and laughter was obviously shared. As well as gentle smiles and glances, particularly between a certain newlywed couple. 

 

~

 

Sorry for the late update, second sem has started and I have a full load so I can't write as much as I'd like. I hope this chapter is fine, I wasn't able to edit it much. Hehe. Anyway, here's the Author's Notes and it's pretty tamed compared to my earlier ones:

  1. Hyungsoonim is what boys call their older brothers’s wives.
  2. Jesoonim is what boys call their younger brothers’s wives.
  3. This outfit was for SNSD’s Japanese Album cover which they released on 2011. The one with them all dressed up in white frilly dresses.
  4. Gye ran mal e is Korean egg rolls. Jiyong said that Big Bang loved egg rolls in Intimate Note so yeah.

 

Thank you to dandeli0n for subscribing! And violin852I actually intended to follow TeukSo's example. They barely had missions and let stuff go on naturally but now that you mentioned it, I think making them do missions will be fun. Any suggestions? :3

 

Thank you for reading and comment and subscribe!

 

-FunkEater