Chapter 4 [FINAL]

You only have one chance in LOVE.

 

Authors POV

 

“YOU!!” She yelled hoping for the best.

“What?!” He retreated back sounding surprised at her answer. “You-like-m-e??”

Eunji looked at him with a straight face then a smile crept upon looking at his expression. After her creepy smile she finally burst out laughing in fits that were uncontrollable.

“Why are you laughing?” He asked looking at her in confusion.

“Oh my god, you really think I like you? Hahaha you funny kid.” She giggled ruffling his perfectly shaped hair then sat down on her chair facing him.

His expression turned from surprised to confused then finally he got the idea around his head so he smiled and placed the thought behind.

“Oh my god, that was too close. Good thing he’s a bit dumb.” She thought sighing at the thought.

But she knew that there was a part of her that wanted to tell him the truth before it was too late. Well, she has 4 months left, that’s a lot of time right? She thought wrong.

She sat properly on her seat facing the front since the teacher just came in the room to start the class.

 

 

 

*****

2 months and 3 weeks later

 

Eunji laid down her hospital bed watching the reruns of Family Outing that she illegally downloaded. Don’t tell anyone alright? She was watching the episode where the guest was Song Ji Hyo, that was her favourite episode out of all of it.

*knock knock*

She paused the television and told them to come in.

“Come in.” She announced.

The doctor came in with a file and board in hand. She instantly knew what was going to happen; it’s always the same time. The doctor comes in and he wheels her to the examination room to examine her physique if her body changes each day before the operation.

Oh wait, you don’t know about the operation? Let me tell you then.

 

Flashback

A month ago

 

Eunji woke up feeling determined of what her decision would be. What she would do. She was determined to go on with the surgery. Even if the percentage of her coming out alive out of the surgery room was small she needed to live. She wanted to live for her family, she wanted to live to see them smile, and she wanted to live for Myungsoo even if she was just a friend in his eyes. That would be enough for her. Eunji was determined to come out of that surgery room alive for her family and friends and especially Myungsoo.

She sat up on her bed and tied her hair up in a messy bun with a hair tie on her bed side table. She got up and left the room walking down the stairs yawning in the process.

She turned around the corner of the hall way to get to the kitchen where her mother was making breakfast like she always does.

“Umma, I want to do the surgery.” Eunji announced hugging her mother from behind.

Her mother turned her head in surprise at what she just heard. She felt streams of tears roll down her face. She faced her daughter and hugged her tightly.

“Omo, Eunji-ah are you serious? Do you really want to do it?” Her mother asked.

She nodded and wiped the tears from her mother’s tired looking face.

“Noona, why is umma crying?” Euntae asked rubbing his tired eyes.

“Oh, come here. Give umma and noona a hug.” Eunji stated. Euntae shrugged and ran up to both of them and gave them a huge hugs and kisses.

 

End of Flashback

 

 

*****

 

 

It has been already a week since Myungsoo have seen, talked or contacted Eunji and it was bugging him. He went to their house every day, mornings and afternoons but no one is answering the door. She isn’t answering her phone calls. He was getting truly worried but he didn’t have time to do anything since it was his girlfriend’s birthday.

He got ready and went to his car outside looking at Eunji’s house as he hopped inside. He drove off to his girlfriend’s house since she invited many people for her party.

He parked the car in the drive way and went inside the house to be welcomed by loud music and loud adolescents. He looked for his girlfriend and finally found her talking to one of her friends.

He went up to her and hugged her waist from behind making her squeal.

“Happy Birthday!” He whispered near her ear kissing her cheeks.

“Oppa, I thought you weren’t coming.” She sighed in relief and turned to face him. She kissed him on the lips and smiled.

 

 

*****

 

 

Meanwhile in the hospital Eunji was preparing herself for her surgery. She needed to be strong for her family and it showed, she was determined and brave. Her brother laid down next to her watching reruns of Family Outing laughing at everything that they did.

“Noona, why are we here again?” Euntae asked.

“Well, noona is going to do something important and I can’t leave before it happens. So promise me that you’ll stay with noona, alright?” She replied holding her tears. He nodded and watched the television again. She leaned in to kiss his forehead before wiping the tear that escaped her eyes.

*knock knock*

Eunji’s mother came in and brought fruit platter along.

“Eunji-ah, here are fruits for you. Let’s eat it together.” Her mother announced.

“I can’t eat before the surgery, umma.” She whispered so Euntae wouldn’t be able to hear what she said.

“It’s alright. The doctor said I could give you something to eat. You still have 2 hours before ‘it’ happens.” She said smiling at her daughter. “Come on then. Eat.”

 

 

*****

 

 

An hour and 30 minutes have passed and there were still no signs of Eunji. Myungsoo looked around, I mean around. The whole house, the backyard the front yard, he even went back to their house but no luck at finding her.

“Myungsoo oppa, where is Eunji unnie?” Kyungmi asked.

“I don’t know.” He replied.

“I thought she came with you since she told me that she was going to tag along with you.” She said. He faced her sternly looking at her.

“When did you talk to her?” He asked.

“Yesterday, she talked to me on the phone.” Kyungmi informed.

“Did she say anything else? She hasn’t talked to me over a week; I haven’t even seen her too.” He replied.

“Sorry oppa, maybe one of her friends can tell you.” Kyungmi said pointing at one of Eunjis friends. She lied when Eunji hasn’t said anything to her. It pains her to not tell her boyfriend what his best friend is going through.

“Thank you.” He mumbled running to Eunjis friend’s direction.

He tapped Eunji’s friend and she looked at his way and smiled.

“Hey Myungsoo.” She greeted. “Have you seen Eunji?”

“I was about to ask the same thing.” He announced. “Has she said anything to you if she was going to come?”

“Sorry, I haven’t talked to her since a few days ago.” She said waving goodbye at him.

He was getting truly worried. He knew that something was wrong with her; he can feel it in his guts. He can always feel when there is something wrong with her whenever she’s not around. It’s like this connection they have that is indescribable.

He needed to take a breather so he went outside.

He stepped out of the room and inhaled the fresh air. He found an isolated place and sat down on a chair trying to calm himself.

“Oppa.” Kyungmi announced behind him.

“Hey, what is it?” Myungsoo asked.

“I can’t keep this any longer. It’s about Eunji unnie.” She sighed.

“What is it?” He abruptly asked standing up from chair but quickly pushed gently down.

“Oppa, I have to tell you something about Eunji unnie and I need you to sit down first.” She said sitting in front of him. She grabbed his hand and looked sympathetically at him.

“Come on, tell me.” He insisted.

“I know why Eunji hasn’t been to school for the week and why she’s been very tired. Do you remember when she fainted a month ago?” She asked. He nodded. “Well, she was sent to the hospital and they didn’t know what was wrong with her so they examined her for anything that they could find. They told her that they found a tumour in her brain.”

Myungsoo looked at her in horror.

“This isn’t funny Kyungmi-ah.” He gritted clenching his fists.

“Oppa, I’m not lying to you. I thought it was a joke at first but when I visited her at the hospital yesterday it was true. Before you get angry I have to tell you something else.” She announced trying to find the courage to tell him. She breathed.

“Tell me please.” He begged holding tightly to her hands.

“In about 20 minutes she’s going to have her surgery to take the tumour out but….” She declared. “But there is only a small chance that she’ll be coming out of it alive.”

Kyungmi finally told him. It took great courage to tell him all of it even if it pained her to do so. She wanted him to be happy and she knew that Eunji was the only one that could make him happy. She felt tears flowing down her face as she looked at Myungsoo.

He was in pure horror. He needed to see her. He looked at his watch and stood up. He was about to leave but looked at Kyungmi who was crying.

“Oppa, go. She needs you.” She sobbed kissing him one last time.

“Thank Kyungmi-ah.” He kissed her on the forehead and ran to his car and quickly getting in.

He drove as fast as he could to the hospital looking intently at the time that was ticking by. He felt tears roll down his face as he drove.

“Eunji-ah why didn’t you tell me.” He sobbed banging on the steering wheel. “Why?! Why?!”

He finally arrived at the hospital and he quickly ran inside.

“Where is Jung Eunji stated at?” He asked the receptionist.

“Sorry sir but why are you looking for her?” The receptionist asked.

“Just tell me please.” He begged looking at his watch.

*10 minutes left*

“She is being currently taken to the surgery room. It is at the fourth floor and just ask the receptionist for more help.” She said.

“Thank you.” He replied speeding past the people in the corridors.

He stopped in front of the elevator and watched as it slowly went down but it was too slow for him so he decided to use the stairs. He ran up four flights of stairs and finally reached his destination.

“Can-you-please-tell-me-where-Jung-Eun-Ji- is?” He panted.

“The receptionist from the ground floor told me that you will come.” She said. “Go straight down the corridor and go left and the surgery room will be at the end of the corner.”

“Thank you.” He breathed running at full speed.

He ran around the corner of the corridor and caught a glimpse of Eunji being taken to the surgery room with her family next to her crying and weeping.

“Eunji-ah!!!” He yelled running towards her.

The doctors all stopped and looked at Myungsoo in confusion.

“Can we wait for him please?” Eunji asked. The doctor nodded.

“Eunji-ah!” He cried. “Why didn’t you tell me? Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Oppa, you came.” She smiled.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” He cried holding her hands in a tight grasp.

“Eunji-shii, we need to go.” The doctor announced.

“No!” He abruptly said holding on to Eunji.

“Myungsoo oppa, it’s okay. I don’t want to see you cry.” She said letting the tears fall.

Eunjis father took hold of Myungsoo as Eunji was taken inside the room. He cried her name. They all cried her name as tears rolled down but before she was inside she said something to Myungsoo.

“Oppa, Saranghaeyo.” She smiled before the doors closed.

Myungsoo dropped onto his knees as he cried rivers for Eunji. He couldn’t even say anything back to her. He couldn’t even say everything he wanted to tell her. He couldn’t even tell her what he feels for her.

“Eunji-ah, Saranghae.” He cried kneeling on the floor.

“I never thought that it would happen so suddenly. The love of my life to be taken away from me, the one that I cared for.... is gone. Please god, if you're there. Let me see her again. Let me tell her I love her. Please.”

 

~YOU ONLY HAVE ONE CHANCE IN LOVE.~

 


~In life you can only get one chance. Even if it's just simple things. Don't be afraid to tell someone what you feel because one day that chance might run away from your grasp. Never let go of the people you love, tell them how you feel. Don't be afraid of what they might say in the future, think of the present. Enjoy your life. You only have one chance in LOVE.~


Authors Note:

This is the end guys. I hope you liked my mini story. Thank you for all your support.

Don't forget to look at my other stories:

~Admit that you LURVE me Luhan~

~Life Hates me SO Much~

~HOW TO SURVIVE HIGH SCHOOL~