Chapter 3

You only have one chance in LOVE.

 

Authors POV

 

Myungsoo woke up and sat down on his bed and looked at the picture frame on his bed side table reminiscing the moment in the picture as he rubbed his eyes. Yawning, smiled at it.

In the picture Myungsoo had his arms around Eunji’s shoulder as the sun slowly cascaded down to reveal a bright orange colour of the sunset. They had big grins on their face as they posed in their swimming attire.

It was when he and Eunji were around kids gone on a vacation at the beach. They were good times, very good and fond times that Myungsoo would keep in his heart. That was the time when Eunji and Myungsoo really connected as friends. Without her he would be nothing, she made him feel special and he is grateful for that.

He got up from his bed and had a shower. He did what was supposed to be done and stepped out of the shower and dried himself hurrying himself so he could see his best friend. Oh how he missed her already even if they saw each other the day before, he doesn’t know why but he can’t live without her being next to her every day. He just can’t explain it, she’s like his life source of some type, whenever she’s away he would feel sad and whenever she’s near he would be happy.

He giddily wore his school uniform and placed his bag pack on his shoulder and ran out of his room and down the stairs. He ran inside their kitchen and kissed his mother on the cheek before rushing out of his abode not waiting to see her.

He knocked on the door with a giant smile on his face and waited for someone to open the door. Finally Eunji’s mother opened the door and was shocked to see who it was.

“Myungsoo-ah, good morning.” She greeted.

“Annyeonghaseyo.” Myungsoo greeted back bowing to her to show courtesy. “Is Eunji up yet?”

“Oh, Myungsoo-ah. Eunji won’t be able to come to school for today. She’s sick right now and won’t let anyone see her for the moment.” She lied looking flustered as beads of sweat started forming on her forehead.

“Really?” He asked getting worried. “Can I at least say hi to her?” He asked.

“Well, she doesn’t really want to see anyone right now.” She lied again knowing that Eunji wasn’t upstairs but was actually in hospital with Euntae accompanying her.

“Okay, then. I’ll see you later Mr’s Jung.” Myungsoo said leaving the Jungs property.

Eunjis mother looked at Myungsoo as he walked away with worried expression on her face. She sighed then closed her door preparing a meal for her daughter in the kitchen.

Myungsoo on the other hand walked to school alone looking blue and forlorn.

 

The Next Day

 

Eunji yawned as she walked down the stairs heading to the kitchen to eat her breakfast.

“Eunji-ah, come on. You need to eat, they were not feeding you properly at the hospital yesterday and you need to regain your strength.” Her mother commented as she placed a plate of pork on the table.

“Woah, umma. You didn’t have to cook all these.” She gasped as she looked at the food on the table in awe with her jaws open wide. She gulped her saliva and sat down the table and grabbed one piece of pork using her chopstick and placed it in .

“Oh my goggles. This is so good. You are right umma; the hospital food is so tasteless. I would choose your cooking over anyone else.” She beamed placing more food in as she chewed all of it in world record time.

She ate more and more until she couldn’t eat anymore. Sighing she rubbed her belly to show that she was full. She then drank juice and placed it on the table with a loud slam sounding very satisfied.

“Myungsoo came yesterday morning.” Her mother informed her.

“Really?” She asked. “So what did you say?”

“I told him that you were sick in your room and didn’t want to be disturbed for the day and then he left.” Her mother addressed.

“Umma, thank you for not telling him.” She beamed as she ran up to her mother and hugged her tightly.

“Of course, anything for my baby.” She happily replied kissing her daughter on the cheek seeing her off to school but she couldn’t feel less saddened at how her daughter tried acting strong in front of her.

“Bye umma.” Eunji smiled waving at her mother.

“Bye Eunji-ah.” Her mother replied. She closed the door and rested her body on the door and she felt tears flowing down her face freely not containing anymore of her feelings for her daughter. She sobbed as she broke down the floor crying her heart out.

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

Eunji smiled at everyone as she passed the gate to her school, she smiled at the guards, the cleaners, the students and the teachers as she walked past everyone not showing any sad emotions on her face.

“You have to be strong Eunji-ah, be strong for everyone.” She chanted in her head trying to not breakdown in front of everyone.

“Eunji-ah!” Someone yelled behind her making her look at the person who called her name.

“Myungsoo!” She exclaimed waving at him with a bright smile to cover up all the emotions locked up inside her.

“Are you alright now?” He asked finally being able to catch up to her.

“Oh yeah, I just felt sick yesterday and I didn’t want to infect you that’s why I didn’t let you come in.” She lied as they both walked inside the school main building.

“I missed you yesterday.” He confessed.

She blushed at his comment trying to calm herself down as she tried covering the redness that her face was showing.

“You are such a liar. I nearly got fooled by that one.” She giggled lightly hitting his shoulders.

“I wasn’t lying.” He thought as he looked at her smiling face.

They walked up to their locker and placed all their belonging inside and only taking out what they needed. They threw jokes at each other like always and made fun of people that walk past them needing their dose of iness for the day.

A/N: It’s not like you don’t do it.

They laughed at her jokes but were halted by someone.

“Oppa.” Someone exclaimed hugging Myungsoo from behind.

“Kyungmi-ah.” He beamed turning his body around and hugged his girlfriend then kissing her forehead.

Feeling like the third wheel again she thought of plans on how to leave the situation in her head.

“Kyungmi-ah. Annyeong.” Eunji greeted with a bright smile.

“Unnie! Where were you? Myungsoo was so sad yesterday without you.” She spoke happily letting go of Myungsoo then hugging Eunji.

“So he wasn’t lying then.” Eunji mumbled.

“Told you.” He teased poking her forehead.

“Whatever.” She shrugged. “I’ll leave you two lovebirds alone.” Eunji saluted walking away from both of them acting happily.

“Bye unnie!” Kyungmi beamed waving at her.

“Bye Eunji-ah.” Myungsoo said hugging his girlfriend from the back as they flirted their way to each other’s classes.

Eunji sat down on her chair and laid her head on the desk sighing as she closed her eyes.

“Eunji-ah?” Someone asked poking her shoulders.

“Yeah?” She answered without opening her eyes since she knew who it was.

“Who do you like?” Myungsoo asked still poking her shoulders that were now aching.

Even though she wanted to say his name she couldn’t, no she wouldn’t.

“No one.” She lied pushing away his jabbing fingers.

“Come on, who is it?” He insisted.

“YOU!” She yelled finally saying it hoping for the best.


Authors Note:

I think there will be one more chapter left or even two if it's too long.

Don't forget to COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE and UPVOTE if you like this fic.