Not Going Anywhere

The Retreat

 

Youngjae dropped to the step, dropping his head into his hands.  Nothing he had planned had worked out during this entire trip.  There was no way they would sound any better when they returned.  He was really going to have to start job hunting again.  Would anyone even hire him after this debacle?

            He jumped when someone abruptly sat beside him.  Looking up he was met with the concerned eyes of Yongguk.  He was too exhausted to move away from him so there would be more space between them.  It just wasn’t worth the effort.

            “What’s the matter?” the elder asked, eying the blonde who was currently chewing on the bottom lip Yongguk would have rather been nibbling on himself.

            “I’m going to lose my job.”

            “What?  Why would you lose your job?”

            Youngjae chuckled bitterly.  “Seriously?  Have you not heard how you all sound?  You sound like because no one will work together, and this little bonding trip was my idea.  If you all don’t sound better when we go back, I’m out.”

            “That’s ridiculous.” Yongguk protested.

            “No, it’s not.  It’s entirely reasonable to fire someone who can’t do their job.  I should be able to pull you all together and get you to somehow work as a unit.  But I don’t seem to be able to do that.  Why keep someone useless around?” Why the hell was he reasoning out his own dismissal? He should be pissed and raging against GD, not following his thinking.  He just couldn’t.

            Yongguk laced their fingers together, jerking Youngjae from his thoughts.  “You’re not going anywhere.  So don’t worry about it.”

            The younger’s eyes shot wide when Yongguk leaned forward and pressed his lips to his, brushing softly across them before he stood and walked away, leaving Youngjae to stare after him in shocked silence.  Again.  What was that?  And he had to stop kissing him out of nowhere.  Or touching him.  Anything.  He had to stop doing anything that wasn’t normal.  Goosebumps still covered Youngjae’s arms at the man’s touch.  How did he go from thinking nothing of his touches to every brush of his skin inciting a riot inside his body?  Ridiculous. 

            Groaning at himself he shook his head.  He had bigger things to worry about than Yongguk’s crush and his possible interest.  What was he going to do about the group?  Chewing on his lip, he stood and headed to the kitchen, hoping the guys would still be gathered there.  It was time to start very seriously working on making them cooperate with one another.  But when he went into the kitchen the room was empty.  Where the hell were they?

            Walking around to the front of the building he was surprised to find them all gathered, Yongguk standing in the middle.  They all fell silent when they saw him, studying him uneasily.  Yongguk himself rubbed the back of his neck as though he had been caught doing something naughty.  Youngjae shot him a confused, questioning look before pushing his questions from his mind and focusing on the entire group.  “Alright, time to get serious.  Remember the song you all ed up last week?  You have one hour to make up brand new choreography.  Then you’re presenting it to me.  I know you won’t have it perfected or even good, but you better impress me.  If you don’t impress me, you better start praying.”

            He cocked an eyebrow at them when no one moved.  “Well?  Move it!”

            It was almost comical the way they all scrambled to do what he said.  He wasn’t sure what his face looked like, but it must have been a sight to get them to move that way.  They hardly ever listened to him, maybe because he was so young.  He didn’t care; it was time for all of them to get their together, including himself.  Of course it didn’t help that he caught himself checking out the way Bang’s body moved as he headed off with the rest of them.  He had no idea where Seunghyun was at all.