Three Words

Letters & Lights : a collection

 

 
 

 

"I hate you."

 

Surprisingly, that confession she slurs out of doesn't come off as something surprising at all. It's not like he doesn't have any feelings, in fact, he really does and it's overflowing in rivers for this girl currently staggering in front of him with dark locks and face smeared of ruined makeup.
"Can't you hear me? I say I hate you, stupid!" She utters once more in case he listens past the first time,
"…You're a ! Just because you're the human form of perfection you think you're cool enough to pick my heart off the dirt and slam it onto the concrete floor?"

 

She yells at him for the umpteenth time that he already loses count on the exact number though he's convinced that it's more than the count of his existing fingers,
"Soojung."
"Shut up! I don't want to hear your sweet voice or even hear you talk again so just go away!" Jabbing her index finger towards a random direction, Krystal loses balance and fails to stand up on her own two feet as she clutches onto Sehun for support,
"Why are you touching me? Let go!"
He let her go just like she asks him to because he always does. Everything she asks him, he will do it no matter how demanding of a circumstance it is.

 

“You can’t even stand, Soojung.” He tells her something that she already knows but intoxication gets Krystal to act all mean, despicably entertaining him with a snort,
“I can walk. I’m not as useless as you think I am.” She retorts, trembling cold hands groping the bricked wall before she tumbles and falls.  Falls back into his arms, crushing closer against his chest this time but finds no warmth when she hears no sound coming from inside the wall of his thorax, not even a single heartbeat.

 

"I don't even excite you at all." She claims in a breath of terrible frustration it makes her feel sick in the guts.
If only the monster in her is in a clear-headed state right now, she may have considered punching him hard and escapes because it’s irritating. It’s painfully irritating to her to actually keep donning on this loser image all the time.
But at this moment, Krystal disappears and she leaves behind this plain old Soojung. The helpless naive girl who particularly needs just anybody she can lean on, just for a second, for a minute and so she rests her forehead against the hardness of his chest despite the urge to push him away.
Jung Soojung slowly drifts into the level of disappearing consciousness, omitting the fact that she seems nothing less than desperate right now. It doesn't matter for her because tomorrow she'll wake up sober and forgets. Forgets everything.

 

It still doesn't matter for Oh Sehun too because by tomorrow, she'll lose this chunk of memory and this will start all over again.
A different day, another night, the opening of new wounds and she'll be down on her knees again nearby some random streets while he'll be running his way to her because the broken heart doesn't allow her feet to step back on the right track. Honestly, Sehun doesn't mind picking her up every time she falls. He doesn't even mind even if everything she says aren't truly for him because he's pretty aware the guy who breaks her heart, is the same guy she could even die for and Sehun knows quite well that of a guy isn't him. 
As much as he wants it to be, as much as he wants to hear the three words from her (the one she never says to him), Oh Sehun knows for sure, he can never cross past this line already drawn between them a long time ago.

 

And it hurts pretty bad.