Infinity

Letters & Lights : a collection

 

 


 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

It’s winter. And winters are cold.

Freezing blanket of snows and ices cover the little rocky pave that leads to the cottage of hay roof and white picket fences. Within the extreme of the weather, lies warmth behind the door, a place they called home which lights up upon the harmony blend of knocking sounds and spilling of ice cold water over dampened soil in pots.

At one end, he shuffles in silent deep heaves for every step he makes towards a cabinet to another consumes his energy more than it used to. The once brawny toned muscles of his arms degenerate into these pair of now wrinkled flabby limbs. The strength of his youthful days is slowly abandoning his aging body and there are no longer traces of the once stalwart Xi Luhan remaining in between his heavy wheezing breaths.
Hammering exhausts him a lot and so by the corner of the workroom, he stays and peers between the cracks of the wood partition separating the room to another space next door. Her space.

Old fingers pigmented skin ruffle the softness of her shady greyish hair, revealing a face that once left the whole world sighing in envy. Remnant of the beautiful porcelain skin is still there with those pair of crystal clear doe-like eyes exerting innocence that even time can’t rob away from her. Im Yoona may have lost half of the beauty she had three decades ago but Xi Luhan already seen past that.
Old and slow she may be but fresh in his memories, are the images of her walking down the flower garden, a beauty that shines albeit in the midst of blossoming flowers with rainbow hues.

Nurturing lilies and daisies tires her out and so she drops the pot down and catches a glimpse of the pair of hazy eyes behind those thick glasses, already staring at her by the time she notices him.
His smile and the wrinkles by his eyes that by now, never leave, blooms the corner of her heart and she chuckles just like how a graceful old lady she is when she glances at the way he difficultly rotates the ring on his finger that seems to be buried inside his aged skin after all these years.

“Forever?” His shaky voice speaks, calm and just right, touching the soft part of her old heart that sparks the love once more when she falls into his beautiful beam all over again.


“Forever.” She says.