THE STRANGER

Welcome to the Dollhouse

THE STRANGER
 


   There was a girl, named Kim Shin Hae. Her life wasn’t a fairytale, but she tried to do her best. Why do you ask? Because her parents were still alive. Sounds so sadistic and creepy, but it’s true. She would be a lot happier and safer, if her dad and mom would leave this world for good.

   How can the girl hate her parents so much? Maybe because her dad treated her like a trash? ShinHae was beaten up every day and sometimes she even felt some ual touches, which were caused by her own father. You would say “that’s so terrible”, but she was used to it. 17 years of unequal fights and tear filled lakes, 17 years full of dirty grabs and painful punches. At first she felt only pain on her body, but now… with every punch, she felt nothing outside, because there was something deeper. One punch to her face or stomach meant three sections on her heart.  And maybe because her mom abused her, because of her good looks? ShinHae was working for her mother for a long time now. She was the face of a little and unpopular mother’s company, but that’s it. But if she’s an ulzzang, so how can she show her beautiful face to the people out there, when she’s all injured? Her mom stood up for her, but not because she wanted to save her little precious daughter. This act was only for her company, to save it’s precious face. Her mom let to beat her, if her father wasn’t punching her into face. She has never received any love. The only thing that was common between a girl and her parents was work and a living place.

   There isn’t much to say about her normal life - outside the house. Everyone was trying to avoid her, because ShinHae looked like a loner - cold, quiet and suspicious, but that’s why no one has ever said something similar to “If you’re lonely, I’ll stay with you”. It was everything she needed, it was everything she wanted, to feel secured and happy. She truly believed that the people were afraid to be with her. But she weren’t expecting someone to go and talk with her for no reason. Anyways, she has never thought anything wrong about them, because the girl was used to be the one, who was outcast by everyone. Why? These people tried to put her off, because she was strangely and suspiciously beautiful. This girl really reminds of a milk puzzle. And what’s that? I can tell a short description of it for you – all of these puzzles are white as milk. Since there’s no picture on them, they are much harder than regular puzzles. Only smart people can finish them. So it’s the same with ShinHae – she’s much more mysterious that the regular girls and only smart people can understand her.

- - - - - - - - - - - -


   ShinHae was walking down the dark street, which was as lonely as her. Everyone was in their homes, eating delicious and expensive meals or singing happy and innocent songs. Guess what day is it? Yes, it’s Christmas and for the n-th time this girl was all alone. She went out of her house to take some time to think about everything. It was a daily routine – to run away from her dad and mom, to be with herself… to think about a better life. But this day was a little bit exceptional. She loved to walk out to see the happy families together, because ShinHae felt like she was dreaming. Her dreams were about a better friends and family. So that’s why this day was so important.

   So as I said, she was walking down the street while smiling. The girl looked to the sky and tried to count all the stars out there while someone chuckled behind her. She turned back immediately, to see the person who was right behind her clearly. Weirdly, there was some kind of a boy – probably the same age as her. Girl shook her head and vigilantly watched at the stranger. He was wearing black denim pants and a simple jacket, but good lord it looked stunning on him.

   “What are you doing here… All alone, when you should be celebrating with your family?” The man spoke and smiled. He was really handsome and somehow ShinHae felt secure for the first time. His gaze was heartwarming, eloquent and really attractive.

   “And what are you doing here? As you can see, I can ask the same question too.” She told him quietly. The girl was scattered by his looks, but it was suspicious at the same time. Why would he even talk with her?

“I’m just curious. You know… you’re really pretty.” He said suddenly. If that would be from a fat old man’s mouth, she would thought that something nasty is going on his little head, but when he said it… She truly accepted it as a sweet compliment. She felt pleased and kinda happy. This was the first time, when she thought she met a good person. It does sounds really weird, because she met him on a dark street at the midnight.

“Thank you.” The girl wanted to say something more, but she noticed, that the guy is offering his hand. She looked at him all confused. What on Earth was he doing?

“Come with me. Don’t be scared, it’s safe for you. I’m sure, that It’s more safer than your family.” He waited for my response. What this guy knew about her? What does he wanted? And why did she want to accept it? I think the girl was out of her mind. “Shin Hae, take my hand.” He tried to press her a little bit.

“H-How do you know my name?” She asked him and watched. The girl wasn’t afraid of him, because It was new, that someone wanted to talk with her. It sounded exciting. Maybe… well maybe it was her Christmas miracle?

“I will tell you everything, when we arrive. Are you coming with me, Kim Shin Hae?” The guy asked her one more time. After thinking about the miracle thing one more time, she started to believe that her dreams are going to come true. She thought that she could erase her shameful past and try to figure out about his offered opportunities. It sounded so weird and a little bit terrifying, but what could she lose? Her loving mom? Her responsible dad? Her precious and so funny  friends? Who are you trying trick? This offer sounded too right and perfect. And what was he going to do to her? He couldn’t her or something, could he? And if it’s a bad choice, she would come back to her unfortunate life again, wouldn’t she?

I think you know it happened - This confused girl took his hand.