Chapter 46

Ditch or Hitch: Like You Have a Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author POV

You walked into the bedroom and saw Kris on the bed with his laptop.

You let out a quiet chuckle as you leaned on the doorframe.

“You know,” you broke the silence, causing him to look up at you, “you wouldn’t have to be doing all this work now if you hadn’t decided to take the day off.”

He thought back to the day’s events and how he got to spend it with you. He grinned and closed his laptop. “It was worth it.” He patted the empty space on the bed that belonged to you. “Come.”

Obediently, you went over and laid back against his chest and hugged him. “Anyhow, today was fun. Thanks Yifan.”

He kissed the crown of your head. “Anything for you, Lei.”

You pulled away and looked at him questioningly. “I’m curious about one thing though…”

“What is it?”

“Why did Xiumin call me to ask for Yejin’s number just now?”

Kris looked back out you. “He did? Huh. I wonder why…”

Hyung is really going out of his way to get closer to her. How cute.

“Well did you give it to him?”

You shook your head. “Yejin has a thing where she doesn’t allow people to give out her numbers. She says she’d rather have them ask her themselves rather than get it from someone else.”

“Yejin is really something else.”

“She really is,” you agreed. “I’ve never met anyone as kind or hardworking as her.”

“Is she married?”

“Nope, why are you interested in her?” You looked at him and blinked.

He laughed out loud, almost chortling. You frowned and hit his chest causing him to laugh even louder.

“Why are you laughing?”

“It’s funny because I can’t even consider looking at another woman when I already have you.”

You felt warmth creeping up your cheeks but you decided to play it off. “Ew, don’t try to melt me, Wu Yifan.”

He pulled you in closer by the waist. “It’s true. I love you and only you.”

You closed your eyes and let yourself be whisked away in the moment. He slyly took your phone and unlocked it to look for Yejin’s number. “I never thought you’d be the type to say things like that.”

“I’m not,” he admitted truthfully. He smiled mischievously as he forwarded the number to his hyung and tossed the device back on the bed. “This only ever happens when I’m with you.”

You opened your eyes again and gazed up at him. You smiled and caressed his cheek. “Good, keep it that way.”  

You craned your neck and kissed him.

 

~*~

Yejin fumbled with her keys as she tried to open her door.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter