Chapter 33

Ditch or Hitch: Like You Have a Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author POV

You gritted your teeth as you felt a man lean in towards you.

The heavy stench of old cigarette smoke and sweat invaded your nose and made you want to gag.

The blind fold you had on impaired your sight, but heightened all of your other senses.

You could hear distinct echoes that made you guess you were in a warehouse of some sort. You could also here waves. Were you at a port of some kind?

There was a humid and salty feeling in the air which supported this theory, but unless you could see, all of your assumptions were mere guesses.

You weren’t sure how long you’ve been tied up.

You had only awoken a while ago. The sense of time had escaped you. Day or night didn’t matter at the moment. How long have you been here? How will you escape? Will you escape at all? Is anyone looking for you?  Those were the real questions you wanted answered.

You made sure not to move and make it seem that you were still knocked out. You didn’t want your captors to know that you were conscious.

“She’s still breathing,” a husky voice said. It was the man that smelled of cigarette and sweat. “I don’t know why she hasn't woken up yet. We didn’t drug her that much.”

“She’s probably just weak,” said another voice. You guessed that he was several feet away and sitting down. “She didn’t put up much of a fight when we grabbed her at the party anyway.”

“True. What do we do now?”

“We wait until we get a phone call. But for now we can do anything with her as long as she stays here.”

The other man laughed uproariously. “How lucky were we to be assigned to grab such a pretty girl. She’s smells pretty good too.”

“Get your mind out of the gutter. What are you going to do when she’s passed out?”

You curled your fingers behind your back. What a vile and disgusting pig the man was.

Carefully, you wriggled your wrist to try to undo the knot behind your back, but all efforts rendered fruitless.

You were so frustrated. You were so helpless.

Kris… where are you?

~*~

Kris slammed the papers on his desk. He had a massive headache that just wouldn’t go away.

You hadn’t been home for two days.

After the incident with Ahren you had just disappeared. He couldn’t find you anywhere.

At first, he thought you had just gone home but to his dismay, he hadn’t seen you since. You just left.

He didn’t know who he was most frustrated with. You who didn’t allow him the chance to explain or with himself who didn’t acted on instinct and didn’t consider your feelings.

Outside the door, Ahren was smiling contentedly with herself.

Everything was working in her favor. She would have Kris in no time.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter