Chapter 21

Ditch or Hitch: Like You Have a Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's POV

“Are you sure you want to go out? I mean you don’t really like attending public places.” You pointed out as you stared out the window.

 

“I know I don’t but I guess it wouldn’t kill me.” Kris replied nonchalantly. “Plus, we still have an image to uphold.”

 

“Right,” you mumbled. “Is it okay if we go out like this though?” You were referring to the casual clothes the two of you were wrapped in.

 

You weren’t bothered by it but whenever Kris went out, he was always dressed in suits and such.

 

You just wanted to make sure he was comfortable with people seeing him in normal attire.

 

You were wearing denim shorts with a sleeveless shirt printed with the American flag and a pair of plain white vans while Kris was in a pair of dark jeans and a simple white v-neck.

 

Thankfully the weather was fairly decent for the day.

 

Kris looked at himself and then shrugged. “I think it will be good for people to see us dressed casually. It will make us look like we’re an ordinary couple out on a date.”

 

“But we aren’t ordinary.” You sighed. “We aren’t even a couple.”

 

“Yes but only we know that. Everyone else doesn’t.” Kris said as he paid attention to the road.

 

He quickly stole a glimpse of you and exhaled. “You could at least pretend to be excited. You look like you just came from a wake.”

 

You glared at him and pressed your lips into a thin line. “I just want to go home. Being a wife is too tiring.”

 

Kris chuckled and shook his head. “But you’ve barely done anything since we got married...”

 

“Wasn’t getting married to you hard enough?” You chided monotonously.

 

At least you could talk to him now even if he did fire you.

 

“Ouch. You sure know how to kill a man’s self esteem.” He noted as he rubbed his chest as though you had actually harmed him physically.  

 

You looked at him weirdly before turning back to peer out the window. “Tch, lecturing me about being a good wife? You act as though you’ve been the most amazing husband there is.”

 

“Were you always this snarky, Huang Xinlei?” Kris questioned, clucking his tongue at you.

 

“Snarky?” You tilted your head at him before scoffing. “I prefer blatantly honest. And I’ll have you know it’s one of my top charms.”

 

“Is that so?” Kris snorted, obviously not buying it. “Is being stubborn and a workaholic up there as well?”

 

You scowled but didn’t say anything as you took out your phone and checked the time.

 

It was half an hour past six and you didn’t know where Kris was taking you guys.

 

“Hey, why don’t we try something fun tonight.” He suggested as he switched lanes on the highway.

 

Your curiosity was peaked as you eyed him. You did need something to distract yourself from Tao’s absence. “Like what?”

 

“It involves the bed.” He hinted.

 

Your eyes widene

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter