Chapter 8

Between Chance and Fate

Sunny hang up the phone call and let out a sigh, it didn’t go unnoticed by her co-worker, Key.

‘’what’s wrong?’’ said the pretty boy

‘’ahh... I guess we gave Kwangmin the wrong bicycle! The one he used is supposed to be repaired today since the chain is kind of broken’’ she said as she looks at the clock hanging on the wall. It’s already evening.

‘’oh? Omo... I hope he didn’t get into any accident! Why did you give him the wrong bicycle anyway? I thought you have put that one at the back of store. Oh well, anyway what did he said?’’

‘’he called me and tell me that he’s kind of lost at the street since he’s not familiar with the place and that bicycle do not help at all. The chain is broken’’

‘’hmm, well since I’ve done my shift, just message him that I will fetch him up okay’’ sunny raised an eyebrow as key finish his sentence. ‘’what?’’ he said

‘’umm... you will do that?’’

‘’of course! I don’t really have anything to do at home so maybe I’ll spend some time outside anyway’’ he shrugs as he takes his coat and went out of the store.

 

***

 

‘’yaaaa… that’s it! You guys did a very good work!’’ said Hyukjae excitedly after they finish the last step of the dance

‘’I don’t think we will have problem until the day of the competition. As you can see dongsaeng s here can dance gracefully! Right Hyukkie?’’ donghae put one of his arm on hyukjae’s shoulder while he fanning his face with his hand

They dismiss as soon as Youngmin get a phone call from his mom. They pack their own belonging and Youngmin take the chance to answer the call.

‘’ne?’’

‘’Youngmin ah! Come back palle! DaHyun is here!-‘’

‘’ah... I’m still with my friend, maybe I’ll come back late today’’ Youngmin grimace since his mother mentioning about DaHyun

‘’just come back fast neh. It’s evening already’’

‘’ne~’’ and he hung up the phone. He might sound rude by now but he’s not in the mood to talk with his mother especially about DaHyun

They bids their goodbyes to each other and Youngmin refuse to come when Kyuhyun offers him to drop him home, he wants to do some errands around the place to kill the time. Dang, he would do anything to not meeting DaHyun. DaHyun is such a lovely girl when you see her for the first time, but for Youngmin, she can be such a pain in the neck.

Youngmin get out of the building and walking randomly toward the sidewalk which the playground is located near it. He walks while listening to the songs from his phone, not minding to use his headphone since there are not a lot of people there.

He tried to match some dance move with the music when he turns his body to the right and he sees someone with a cap on, kneeling on the ground trying to fix something. Usually, Youngmin will ignore it but suddenly a small voice from the back at his head tried to pursue him to help whoever the brunette in front of him. Well, he could steal some times before he gets home right?

He walks slowly and for a moment he feels his hand start to get cold for no reason. He ask the kneeling brunette, saying if he needs some help before he bends his back to look at the bicycle in front. The other person turns his head as he heard some noise –songs from Youngmin‘s phone- from his back. Youngmin feels his blood freeze in his vessel when his eyes meet the person in front of him.

 

Same face.

 

Same reaction.

 

Both of them using the same expression on their face as they stares at each other for a good amount of minutes. It was an awkward situation and the sound coming from Youngmin phone is not helping at all since both of them are very much not paying attention to anything but each other present.

Youngmin was the first to break the ice after gulping some imaginary stone in his throat.

‘’h-hello’’ he said, trying to not sound awkward but fails miserable

‘’..Hi?’’

 

_

 

 

‘’do you need some help...Umm’’

‘’Kwangmin. My name is Kwangmin’’

‘’…Kwangmin...shii’’ Youngmin frown as he scanned Kwangmin‘s face

‘’err...what?’’ said Kwangmin

‘’I don’t know. Well, my name is Youngmin anyway’’ and that makes Kwangmin widens his eyes

‘’well, not only we have the same face but almost same name as well’’ said Kwangmin as he let out a small chuckles followed by Youngmin, and the chuckles turn into a giggles then a light laugh until both of them laughing loudly together on the ground

Both of them found it’s funny and awkward when you found a stranger you met for the first time have the same face, almost the same name and the same voice.

‘’wahh... I thought it just a theory when some said we have 7 people with the same face in this world!’’ said Youngmin after he calmed down

‘’and I never thought I would find one of them in my life!’’ reply Kwangmin

They laugh again for some minutes and stops when Youngmin notice blood flowing from Kwangmin‘s ankle

‘’hey, wait. You are bleeding!’’

‘’ah?’’ Kwangmin look at his ankle and touch the wound with his finger ‘’ouch! Aigoo... this is because I fall from the bicycle I guess’’

‘’..So the chain is broken when you was using the bicycle?’’ Youngmin ask as he look at the chain under the bicycle

‘’yeah, I don’t really check the bicycle when I get here. Too excited because it’s my first day working I guess’’

‘’..Ohh’’ Youngmin nods his head before he scanned the brunette face. Youngmin was about to said something when suddenly a car stops in front of them.

Key stops and get out from the car. He was muttering some apologizes since he was late to pick him up and there’s traffic jam before he gets here. His speech stops when he looks up and sees his dongsaeng in front of him.

‘’…I never know you have twin?’’

‘’ah no!’’ both of them deny in sync making the slightly older frown his brows

‘’he’s not my twin, we just happened to run to each other just now’’ said Kwangmin

‘’no way’’ said key with his jaw hanging. Key is close with Onew and Donghyun and he knows every details of the kids in the Orphanage (Thanks to Onew, he can be a chatter box at times) and he never heard about Kwangmin having a twin or what.

Both Kwangmin and Youngmin laughing lightly saying they are stating the truth but Key expression is not changing. Key look at them like they are coming from another magical planet, he has his eyes wide opens and his jaw drop 30 meters underground. Youngmin feels uncomfortable with the stares but then he slowly looks at Kwangmin and Kwangmin do the same.

‘’I can’t be..’’

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

 

It just me or this update seems kind of rushing… I’m sorry but DO COMMENT! Please ><