Some Time Together Alone

Your Second Answer

No one’s POV

“Himchan oppa, where are you going?” Hyejin asked Himchan.

“Daehyun and I are going to go get some fire wood.”

“Can I come with?”

“There’s nothing for you to do there.”

“There’s flowers right?”

“You and flowers. People will think that you’re crazy if you keep on putting then on your head.” Daehyun said as he poked her forehead.

“Ah, yah~” Hyejin got furious. Just then she got an idea.

“Daehyun, come here.” Hyejin said extending her hand with a flower.

“What? Don’t you dare put that on my head.”

“We need to label you since you are crazy.” She giggled.

“Stop it” Daehyun walked away.

“We have to go now before it get’s dark.” Himchan said to Daehyun.

“You heard him. Now stay” Daehyun said to Hyejin.

“Tsk~ I’m not a dog that would stay whenever you tell me to.” Hyejin said back softly. Himchan and Daehyun began walking towards the forest for some firewood.

“Himchan hyung. You remind me of my brothers.”

“Why do I look like them?” Himchan asked back.

“Not at all but it’s just your presence. I feel quite comfortable when it’s just you and me.”

‘Of course not when Hyejin is around because then she’s all clingy to you’ Daehyun said in his head.

“Well don’t get too comfortable.” He said back as he pushed the big branches aside.

“I know. We’re going to have to part soon.” he said back kind of feeling a bit sad.  Both him and Hyejin had already stayed here for many days. Who knows it’s probably already weeks. They have gotten to know almost all the people in the village and even got on good terms with the magistrate. Of course most of them don’t know their real identity, only Himchan’s family and the magistrate. After a few minutes  of walking into the forest they heard some rustling behind them. When they turned around the saw Hyejin trying to hide.

“Oh Yah Hyejin, why are you following us?” Daehyun shouted.

“What? Can’t I” She said back boldly as they approached them.

“Go back home, it’s dangerous here.” Himchan said to her but she pouted.

“You heard him, you’ll get yourself into trouble out here.”

“No I won’t I can take care of myself. you won’t even notice that I’m here.” She said smiling hopefully they would give him.

“No” The two men said sternly.

“Please~ We’re already so deep into the forest.” She continued pouting. Daehyun looked over to Himchan who just let out a sigh.

“Just stick close to us and don’t wander off. You don’t even know the way so don’t get lost.” Himchan said as he continued walking.

“You heard him?” Daehyun said t Hyejin.

“That’s for you too Daehyun.” Himchan said making Hyejin giggle. The three of them walked into the forest without talking as the followed right behind Himchan.

“I wonder if this forest is still like this in the future?” Hyejin said out loud amazed to see nature all around her.

“Ahem~” Daehyun tried to clear his throat.

“Probably not exactly like this. They probably build a path through it for tourism.” Daehyun told her. He then let out a cough.

“What’s the matter?” Hyejin asked him

“Lunch was a bit too salty.” Daehyun said softly not wanting Himchan to hear him. After all it was his umma’s cooking.

‘Salty? I thought it was bland before so I added salt. Did I put too much?’ Hyejin said in her head.

“Opps~” She said softly

“Uh sorry” Hyejin said softly moments later.

“For what?” Daehyun was confused.”

“For whatever. The things I’ve done in the past and the things that I’m going to do in the future.”

“Psh~ all that and just one sorry?” Daehyun giggled.

“Want me to take it back?” Hyejin got embarrassed.

“You two are too noisy.” Himchan said making them quiet down.

“We’re here. Just chop some of the medium sized branches and fill it on the carrier.” Himchan said to Daehyun.

“What about me?” Hyejin said happily.

“Be a statue.” Daehyun said to her making her pout.

“You can rest for now. Just stay in this area.” Himchan said to her.

“Okay oppa.” She said making Himchan stare at her weirdly.

“I mean. Yes~” She said politely.  She then began wandering here and there as Daehyun and Himchan chopped up some branches for firewood.

“Like this?” Daehyun swung his ax into the branch but he missed it.

“No. Have you ever used an ax before” Himchan asked him.

“No, this is my first time.” Daehyun giggled.

“Then how do you survive in the future?”

“In the future we don’t use firewood any more. Well some people do but not a lot.”

“Really? Then how do they stay warm?”

“In the future they invented electricity in which is probably the greatest thing ever made. It gives us light, fire, and warmth almost instantly."Daehyun said to him. The two men were so focused in chopping they didn’t even remember that Hyejin was there. Without even realizing it was getting darker and the thick fog covered the area like a big blanket.

“That’s enough for today. Let’s go.” Himchan said gathering the firewood.

“Oh where’s Hyejin?” Daehyun looked around but the fog was getting really thick.

“Hyejin-ah!” Daehyun shouted.

“Hyejin-sshi!”

“I told her not to go to far.” Himchan was a bit made but mainly worried.

“I’m over here!” They finally heard her.

“Where is here?” Daehyun shouted trying to figure out which direction she was at.

“I’m not sure…” Hyejin seemed to have gotten herself into trouble.

“He voice is coming from over there.” Himchan pointed.

“Let’s go over there then.”

“Hyejin-sshi, just keep on shouting so that we can hear you!” Himchan shouted.

“What am I suppose to shout?” She yelled back.

“Anything. It’s the only thing you’re good at.” Daehyun .

“YAH!!!” Even in this thick fog they still manage to argue with each other.

“Ahhhh!” They heard a high pitch scream that sounded like trouble.

“Hyejin- ah!” Daehyun dashed forward where he hear her.

“Oppa! Help!” Hyejin shouted as she held onto a root she happened to gripped onto.

“What happened? Where are you?” Daehyun shouted as he ran and scanned the area.

“Hyejin-ah.” Daehyun dived in and helped her. He held onto her hand and pulled her up.  He almost had her up but her clothing was caught on some thick branches.

“Oh, Oppa we’re both sliding. Just let go. I’ll manage to prevent myself from getting hurt.“ Hyejin said. She didn’t want Daehyun going down with her.

“What are you saying? You could die. Who knows how deep this hole is?”

“I already saw it. It’s not that deep.”

“No, I’m not going to let you fall in. At least not alone.”

“Oppa.” Hyejin was a bit touched.

“Ahh” Hyejin shrieked s she slid down hill.

“Don’t worry. I’ve got you.” Daehyun hugged onto Hyejin tightly as the both fell down the slope and into a hole.

“Ahh`” Hyejin groaned.

“Ahh, are you okay?” Daheyun asked her.

“Yes, are you okay. You sounded hurt?” Hyejin was worried.

“Why didn’t you let go? I told you it wasn’t deep” Hyejin

“How do you know for sure? Even if it wasn’t deep you still could have gotten hurt real badly.

“Wherever you go I will go with you. We got to this time period together then we’re going to leave together if not we’re going to stay here together.” Daehyun said. He was actually really worried a while ago. What if Hyejin fell in? What if Hyejin got injured or if something worse happened? What if he never gets to confess his love for her? Daehyun had all sorts of question going through his mind.

“Such a lovely Buddy code” Hyejin tried not to over think their relationship.

‘It’s not buddy code. It’s called fallen in love. Literally’ Daehyun said in his head.

“Are you okay?” Daehyun examined Hyejin.

“I’m perfectly fine. Oh you’re bleeding.” Hyejin noticed Daehyun’s hand was cut up.

“I’m okay. They’re just scratches.” Daehyun said as he look up from the hole.

 “I’ll take you’re apology just about now.” Daehyun said to lighten up her mood.

“Guess I don’t have to apologize then. “she said softly.

“Hyejin-sshi. Daehyun” Himchan shouted.

“Hyung” Daehyun shouted.

“We’re down here in a hole.” Daehyun shouted. He then saw Himchan standing above them.

“Down here.” Daehyun waved his arm.

“Are you two okay?” Himchan shouted

“We’re fine.” Daehyun shouted back.

“Do you think you can climb up?”

“I don’t think so. The sides aren’t sturdy enough. I think we’ll need a rope.”

“Stay there. I’ll go get a rope! I’ll come back as soon as I can!” Himchan shouted and disappeared into the fog.

“Huhh~” Daehyun sighed. Hyejin realized that Daehyun was still hugging her so she sat up and moved away.

‘Should I take advantage of this time and confess to her since we’re alone?’ Daehyun wondered. Hyejin then took the ribbon of out her hair and wrapped it around Daehyun’s hand.

“You don’t have to.” Daehyun pulled his hand back but Hyejin insisted.

“Like this is better. If it gets infected then it’ll get worse." She said tying the ends off.

“Thanks.” Daehyun said stalling his time without even realizing.

“This was my fault first off.” She said feeling ashamed of herself.

“Hyejin-ah I have something to tell you.” Daehyun said after a deep breath.

“What?”

“I…I like you.” Daehyun said but it seemed like Hyejin didn’t reacted much. In the inside she was surprised but her body just froze.

“Maybe I didn’t say it right. I think I’m in love with you.” Daehyun said again. Looking right into Hyejin’s eyes.

“D-Daehyun, did you hit your head on our way down?” Hyejin was taken back. She didn’t believe what she heard from him.

“No I didn’t. Well I don’t think so but I’m in the right mind. Why? You don’t like hearing it?” Daehyun asked her. Daehyun was a bit hurt when she had said that to him.