Broken Heart

Desired Bliss - ⓈⓄⓄⓀⓇⒾⓈ



Months had passed by and thing got a little bit better. Summer had the chance to work on their company, replacing her mother as the C.E.O.

Now, she manages to smile again and to stop her drinking habits. She even did different activities to make her destructed with her heartbreak.

But every night... when everybody’s asleep. Summer would walk nearby the window and stare at the dark skies, taking a look at the stars.

They were kids when they first fall for each other. “First love” is what they call it actually. And probably, Changmin is her one great love. She remembered how they would count the stars when they were young but he always cheats. He would spank her hand making her count from the start once again.

Sometimes, she would even connect the stars and make up his face. That’s how much he miss him, that’s how much she loves him.

He was a good guy. So she wondered, why did he leave her behind? She’s ready to give up anything and everything for him and be the perfect wife that any man can desire but it’s all worthless.

Every single day, when she wakes up, she’s hoping that he would just enter that door and apologize. Telling her how much he wants her back or telling her how much his sorry.

But she knew of course that he wouldn’t care, he wouldn’t even spare a single second to see her, when she naturally would to the exact opposite for him. And that’s why she her eyes are wet every upsetting night.

Traces of sadness can be seen in her eyes. A doleful expression can be enlightens her face every day. Each day that passes by seems the same, everything was the same.

A big part of Summer was lost when Changmin left her behind. Everything seemed to be so wrong. Everything seemed to be unusual.

“Eonnie-yah, are you alright?” Seohyun asked, sitting by her side.

Seohyun and Summer are really close since they were young. Summer loves her sister very much. They’re closer more than anyone could ever imagine. Sometimes, they will even sacrifice their likes or dislikes for each other.

“Yeah... I guess I am.” She whispered while she tried to look away.

Seohyun rubbed her temples then she said, “I know you so well, tell me, why?”

Srew it.Why does she know me so well? Summer told herself. She hates telling people the reason of her sadness, apart from the fact that everytime she does her heart shatters.

“It’s about Changmin...”

“Changmin? Why? You miss him?”

“Yes, I mean no. I don’t... it’s just that-” She tried to finish but Seohyun cut her off, “I know you still love him, why don’t you talk to him?”

“It’s not that easy...” She sighed, “It’s not easy to ask him why he left me.”

Seohyun stood up and from behind, she wrapped her arms around her sister, placing her head at her shoulder, then she uttered, “I know it’s not easy but if you’ll talk to him, you’ll know the truth. At least you’ll be at peace.”

Summer nodded and told her, “Alright, I will.”

“Really?!” She gave her a bright smile and kissed her cheek. “Goodluck!”

She left her sister’s office and went to her house. Summer was having second thought but she still managed to go talk to him anyway.

She went downstairs to start her car. She took a glance at her watch. 10am. She knows that he’s still there at his office. She start up her car and headed on her way.

What should I tell him? She thought to herself. Should I tell him how much I miss him or why did he leave me or does he love me or I want him back? Aish! Forget about it, Summer. Tell him what you truly feel.

Not before long, she arrived at his office. Holding her steering wheel, she took a deep breath and said, “Here goes nothing, you can do this,” by then, she carried her bag and went out of her car.

She went to talk to him. Having fears and second thoughts, she still manage to go to his office. Suddenly she heard a noise so she went that way and there she saw him, kneeling on the ground, holding a ring on his and asking a girl to marry him.

“Will you marry me?”

This four heart breaking words shattered her heart apart. This four heart breaking words echoed inside her mind.

Watching them from afar, she saw the girl nodded and she kissed him tenderly, not wanting to break the sensation between them.

Without barely noticing it, tears were freely swimming down from her eyes. It hurts that badly that she won’t even notice that she’s already crying.

She remembers his promise that he’s hers and she’s his. Only death can keep them apart. But now, every lingering memories seems to fade, every promise seemed to be broken, how did everything went wrong?

She doesn’t remember the last time he broke his promise because he never does. He’s not that type. He’s a man of his words.

She hold the railings and tried not to fall down into her knees, with her broken heart, she wanted to get away, to forget but how can she do it when he gave her too much to remember?

He was the one to bring back her smile from the day that her father died, he was the one to teach her how to fall in love but now, he’s the one to break her heart and shatter it into tiny little pieces.

She entered her car and went to the beach where they would usually hang out and shout when they’re both lonely.

She sat down at the trunk of a tree and stared into the skies. Does he even remember the promise that he broke? She wondered, more tears were flowing down her cheeks. I guess not.

She wrapped her arms around her knees and cried more and more. And probably, until the next day, or not until he apologize.

He doesn’t love me anymore, jumping to  this conclusion he heart shatters, breaks apart and probably never to be put back again.

She wants him back. She wants to tell him that she wants him back, but how can she do it? If she can’t even see his shadows appear in front of her.

Now big surprises was opened up to her, he’s now getting married.

Suddenly, a man tapped her shoulders , his voice was deep, he seemed to be some kind of a mysterious man, he asked, “Miss, are you alright.”

“I – I’m fine.”

He sat next to her side and said, “Here take my handkerchief.”

He handed her his handkerchief and said, “Come one take it.”

She lifted up her head and said, “I said I’m fine now leave me alone.”

His eyes widened as he saw her eyes, her lips, her nose, she resembled a lot to Choi Sooyoung, his ex-girlfriend who just died two years ago. His eyes dilated, he tried to control himself and he managed to say, 

“S-Sooyoung?”