o.1 Left Behind

Desired Bliss - ⓈⓄⓄⓀⓇⒾⓈ

The birds were chirping. The sun was shining brightly against her skin, waking her up from her deep sleep. Everything was slipping perfectly just like what she imagined.

Suddenly, someone knocked her door; it was her mother carrying her wedding gown.

“Good morning my princess,” she greeted.

“Hey mom,” she smiled brightly at her mother.

“I brought your wedding gown. If only your father is here. He would be the one walking you down the aisle and pass you to your soon-to-be-husband. If only he’s here,” Her mom started to sob, “My princess, just remember, I’m always here.”

She pulled Summer into a hug and kissed her forehead. Summer tried to get away but her mother’s embrace was really tight, instead, she tilted her head a little bit and said, “Mom, we talked about this. I told you not to cry.”

“Why won’t I cry? One of my princesses is getting married. She’ll have her own family, her own kids. I wish you the best baby,” her mom said planting another kiss in her forehead.

“Yeah, you still have Seohyun. So stop crying mom and by the way, thanks mom.” She replied.

“Okay, enough with the drama. Here wear this. I know you already have your wedding gown but I just wanted you to wear my wedding gown when I married your father. I’m sure it perfectly fits you.” Her mom said raising the gown.

“Mom?! You still kept this one. No way!” She said chuckling, when she was a kid, it was her dream wedding gown. She liked the beadings and every stich in each part of the dress.

“I want you to wear this. So that it will feel like your father’s still here. That we’re here for you,” her mom said beaming faintly, tears were forming in her eyes.

“Thank you mom, thank you.” She hugged her mom and stood up. “Mom, I should get ready. I’m the bride and you are my mom. You should make me pretty.”

“Alright, settle down.” Her mom chuckled wiping her tears. “Sit down at that chair in front of the mirror.”

Summer went to the chair wearing a big smile on her face. Her mom curled her hair at each ends, applying an eye shadow, eyeliner and lipstick on her lips. She never had been that beautiful, or at least that was the only day that she had been doing her make up.

She was a simple girl, hitting the roads of life. She never really cared on how she looked like; all she cares was the things that she loves.

She stood up and started to wear her dress. Her voluptuous body is visible with the fit of the gown in her body. The hem of the gown fits her perfectly. Her gown revealed her covered beauty and made her even more attractive. Her perfectly long shaped legs were visible in front but the long fabric covered the back of her legs.

After a few hours of preparation, they finally finished it. All they need to do is to go to the church and to say the sweet words “I do.”

She entered her car with the banging heartbeat on her chest. Her mom patted her shoulder and kissed her daughter’s cheeks for her farewell.

Mrs. Park now realized that her little princess is on her way and going her start her own life, her own family. With the thoughts entering her mind tears were forming in her eyes once again but then Summer looked at her and said, “Mom, no crying. Our makeup, remember?”

“Yeah, I always forget. Best wishes for you my little princess,” she started to cry harder than before.

Summer pulled her into a hug, “Mom, this is the last time I’m going to tell you this, no crying. You can visit me and Changmin at our house next month after our honeymoon. Don’t be sad. Seohyun’s there.”

She beamed at her sister and said, “Seohyun – ah, take care of umma for me, arraji?”

“You don’t have to tell me eonnie, I will take care of umma.” She said, rolling her eyes away from her sister but then she started to chuckle.

They all smiled at each other, then, her mother and sister hugged her. They were surely gonna miss her. The car stopped and finally, they reach the church, everybody was waiting patiently at their seats.

Everyone had been beaming at her as soon as she took her first steps walking towards the church.

Hearing her banging heartbeat, she heard a shaking breath as she passed through the church’s open doorways.

The blazing sunlight met her eyes, followed by the slight breeze that caressed her skin.

Wow! This is just like what I’ve always imagined, she thought.

The flower’s fragrance tailed her and so did the welcoming eyes of the distinguished guests. Step by step, she walked the carpets as she remembered what she dreamt of as a child, how she desired for a wedding as glorious as her mother’s.

She remembered her parents’ photograph, how lovely her mother looked in the dress and how dashing her late father looked. There she walked onto the aisle without an arm to hold onto, terribly missing her father’s presence.

Though alone a smile lit up her face as she eyed the groom who stood by the altar waiting for her. For what seemed like a whole eternity, she walked until she felt his hands’ warmth against hers.

Her enthralling gaze met his slightly wandering ones. As to why he acted that way, confusion hit her, but she brushed away the thought, thinking that he was simply nervous.

She firmly held onto his arm, excitement filling her.

The man who stood beside her, it delighted her to know that he was close to becoming the man she’ll be with for the rest of her life. A single vow, and she’ll be his. A vow was all they need. A single vow and he’ll be hers.

Before they even got to own each other’s hearts, everything ended. Changmin fled from her side, without words, without giving a damn.

He left, away from her, without leaving anything behind.  He left nothing but tears and a heart torn in shreds.

There she was at the back of the altar. Weeping and trying to convince everyone that he’ll comeback. Her mother and sister were begging her to go home but she didn’t, all she was uttering the whole time was, “He’ll comeback. He can’t do that to me. He’ll comeback for me. I know he will.”


 

Hey guys~ I think this can be considered as a oneshot too XD So yep, my best friend (in real life) helped me out for making this chapter. So I wanted to credit kyunggi. She's an awesome writer too! Personally, I really like her fanfic dodge the bullet. Visit her fanfics too! And oh~ don't forget to leave your comments =D Anyway, I hope you like this =)