Scars.

Let Me Heal Your Soul.

“There is something beautiful about all scars of whatever nature. A scar means the hurt is over, the wound is closed and healed, done with.”

-Harry Crews

 

 “You have a cold again?” an agitated voice asked. “Hello to you too, Yixing.” I rolled my eyes. “Hi. Now answer my question. Do you have a body cooler fitted inside or not?” he asked me. Then suddenly the teacher walked in and called the class to attention. I tried to focus on what she was saying but ended up day dreaming again.

I started day dreaming about the life that I wanted to have. Who doesn't do that? What if I had a normal family? What if Dad was not so absorbed in work that he would not come home for weeks at a time? What if Mom stopped socializing and started being a real mother to me? What if I had… “Yah! Do plan on sitting here the whole day and not going to the second class or what?” he flicked my forehead. He then gripped my wrist to pull me along so that we were not late to our next lesson.

I immediately hissed in pain. He looked at me with confusion colouring his face “You okay?” “Yeah, just that your grip was a little too tight so it hurt. Now come along.” I smiled at him.  The second lesson went by in a flash and then we had lunch break.  I sat in a cafeteria with a large group of 'friends' surrounding me. Honestly, they weren't my friends. They were just interested in knowing the heir to the Min business empire. The second group pf my 'friends' were the girls who worshipped Yixing. Though he was painfully shy, he was extremely good looking. His dimpled smile could melt anyone, including me. He was a secret beacon of hope and kidness in my world.  He was my best friend. 

He didn't know everything of what went on at home. I hadn't told him as he would worry too much.  I did not want anyone’s pity. Especially not his. His father owned the Zhang Corp Ltd.  It was a pretty big corporation, though relatively smaller than Min Corp Ltd. Even after that, his parents were such nice, warm people that I would often catch myself wishing that I could stay with them.

“Here’s your lunch.” Yixing handed the second box to me. Inspite of having the financial freedom to appoint many maids, Yixing’s mother cooks. She’s also taught him how to cook and he’s the neatest guy I’ve ever come across. The bell rang ending conversation across the cafeteria. Yixing and I walked to our next class. Math. Oh, I hated that subject with a vengeance.  I would have never passed this subject had it not been for Yixing. I copied what the teacher was doing on the board.

Suddenly Yixing’s pencil rolled off his desk and fell.  I bent down and stretched my hand towards it causing my coat sleeve to reveal a part of my scared wrist. I heard a quiet gasp to confirm the worst. He had already noticed. The wall of pretence had shattered in a moment. I did not dare look at him. “Excuse me Sir, I feel sick. Can Jae please accompany me to the nurse?” he suddenly shot up.  With his innocent looks and consistently good academic performance the teacher excused us.  He dragged me by the arm to the rooftop. 

“Take the coat of since you’re not cold after all.” He almost spat eyes blazing with anger.  I had never seen him this angry in all the years that I had known him. He took my wrists into his hands and brushed his thumbs over my scars. I could not help but flinch a little. “Why?” he asked, his eyes now reflecting hurt and disappointment. 

Maybe that is all that I was. A disappointment. Tears start to run down my face. “’I just want the pain inside to go away and be happy.  I’m tired of faking a smile when all I want to do is curl up into a ball and cry. I don't want these branded clothes and expensive cars. I just want a happy family and a few friends. Hurting myself physically makes the constant hurt inside my chest seem lesser.I just want someone who loves me inspite of everything else.”

By now I was sobbing into his chest. He pulled away and held my face in his hands. He looked into my eyes and said, “I care for you and love you. I always have.” He kissed my forehead gently as if he afraid he'd break me. He had never been this direct before. I pushed him away and turned around.

“No Yixing, you deserve better.You don't have to deal with broken things." I said. It almost killed me to say that to him. One side of me wanted him to walk away from me and another side wanted him to stay.  He back hugged me and held me close.

“Let me heal your soul.” he said softly into my ear.

 


 

A\N: Its the first time I've attempted a one shot. I'm not sure if it's good enough. However, if you like this then please check my other story 'Checkmate', you might like it! Happy reading! (: