Hi, I'm IU

My Beloved Village Girl

~IU's POV~

"Mommy, promise me to buy ice cream, arasso?" "Hahaa, of course my little JiEun. Anything for you." The little girl grinned. 

 

"Sunkyu, have you even considered sharing your throne to you sister?" "Well I would love to, but by then I would be breaking the kingdom rules." 

"Eomma!! Eomma!!" "Relax you little brat! You'll have a new eomma, just very very soon."

 

Yes, I woke up to the same dream. Truthfully that dream has been going around my mind for several days now, but still I couldn't relate any detail from those dreams to my real life. Who's JiEun? Is she the brat the annoying aunty was talking about? and who's mommy? What about kingdom rules? Why do I care?

Hi, I'm IU. IU, as in the two letters combined together. I never knew why or how my name came out, eomma just says that because I'm special. I live with a sister and my beloved parents. Hmm I don't have a surname. My family surname is Park. But eomma says that I don't have a surname. I have black hair, while they have brown. Sometimes, I always believe that I don't belong to this family, but family encouragement is everything I need to cheer me up.

I work at a cafe as a waiter as my part time job. When I get home, I would always be welcomed by Park Chanmi, my little sister. She has always fantasized herself as a princess and I wouldn't blame her for it. Afterall, I would never want to destroy her own little world in her little innocent mind. 

I don't really go to school, but there's this really popular school is South Korea, "SOUTH KOREAN RULING ACADEMY". I've once read the flyer, given by probably the advertiser of the school, that that school is where common people study to become a waiting lady, or even more a princess. Well yeah, common people, but you've got to be rich. Although, there's this one lottery that Chanmi has been telling me about. SOUTH KOREAN RULING ACADEMY will be holding a lottery to accept one common person -doesn't matter about the expenses because she will enter for free- to study there, but you can just be a waiting lady and not more.

Enough of this, I've got to go to work. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~WORKING HOURS~~~~~~~~~~

 

Another tiring day at the cafe. but guess what? I got $50 tip today. Yeah!! I've got to continue to work even harder. I looked at the sky. Already in the evening, time sure flies fast!

"Eonni, eonni~"

"Ne chanmi-ah?"

"They're gonna announce the winner of the lottery now!" I was really tired and did not want to really watch but.....

"Okay!"

I easily give up on my sister. She wins my heart. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~TV~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Wow Ahyeon-ah! Aren't you excited on who's gonna be the lucky person who gets to study ruling class at SOUTH KOREAN RULING ACADEMY?"

"I sure am! You got that right Kyungsoo! The lucky person who gets to study here in SOUTH KOREAN RULING ACADEMY is gonna be announced any minute now!"

"I sure hope I win!"

"Umm, Kyungsoo-ah, you're a guy. Guys study ruling at NORTH KOREAN RULING ACADEMY."

"Omona, I forgot."

"What? Forget that you're a guy? Anyways I sure hope I win!"

"I forgot that I had to go to NORTH KOR-- What?! You volunteered?!"

"So surprised? Of course I didn't. I'm going to continue to pursue my MC-ing skills!"

"Whew! You gave me a shock right there!"

"Hmph, it's not like I don't deserve to be in that lottery."

"Alright, alright, enough chit-chatting, let's now start!"

"I agree! Without further ado, let's call Ms. Hwang Tiffany, the daughter of the CEO of SOUTH KOREAN RULING ACADEMY - Miss Hwang, to pick a name out of the lottery!"

-Tiffany walks to the stage lazily and seems to be uninterested-

"and she starts spinning the lottery!"

"and she picks a name out of the lottery!"

"Omo, I'm so excited! My nerves are wrecking!"

-Tiffany looks at the paper she picked-

"and the lucky person is.....?"

"I...U..? IU? Is that how you read it?"

"Congratulations to miss IU! The driver from SOUTH KOREAN RULING ACADEMY will soon go to your house to fetch you and send you right here, into the academy itself!"

"Yes, yes. So you better start packing now. No, actually don't. You've got tons of clothes prepared for you there! So just prepare your mental self! Once again, congratulations!"

"and with that I, Do Kyungsoo..."

"and I, Baek Ahyeon."

"End this time's reporting, see you soon next time!"

~~~~~~~~~~BACK TO IU~~~~~~~~~~

 

What. Did. I. Just. See. I was supposed to see eomma, appa and chanmi being surprised, but instead they all grinned, and guess who grinned the most?

"Eunghhh......KYAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! Omo, I didn't expect my hard work to pay off! Eonni, you always tell me that good things will be paid back with good things right? Now I get you! omona, I'm so happy seeing my eonni win~ and soon you'll be part of the kingdom~~~ Lalala~"

"Wait, Chanmi. So you did this to me?!" I sounded angry, but I was just confused.

"Umm,, nee. Wait, eonni, aren't you happy??"

"Of course i am! But how many times did you exactly vote for me???"

"Not much, .... just 6 times."

"Chanmi...."

"per day"

"Spill it out...."

"every week."

"Tell me the truth..."

"for the whole year!"

That does it. I mean, 6 times perday every week for a whole year, this has gone too far. I'm going to call them right now and tell that this is all just a misunderstanding. Where's the flyer? Gotta search for the number on the--

*DING DONG*

Nahh, don't mind it. We're in a village and they're from the city, how can they arrive so--

*DING DONG DING DONG*

"I'll get it!"

Okay we're doomed.

"Eonni~ they're looking for you!"  So fast?!

I came to the front door and saw a very tall guard.

"Miss IU?" 

"Ne. Annyeonghasseyo, IU imni--"

"No time to explain, we've got to go now. Have you packed your things?"

"Actually that is one of my problems."

"Ugh fine, just follow me. I'm here for my duty and I'm going to finish it on time."

"But--" And with that I got pulled out into a carriage, YES, A CARRIAGE, with horses and beautiful design. This dude is stong. I bid my last goodbyes to my family that looked at me from the window and the horses galloped away. I looked around and immediately liked the design. There was a cup of tea there, so I decided to drink it but the carriage bumped a little and it spilled all over my waiter dress. 

Come to think about it, I haven't even exchanged clothes yet! Aish. There was also a mirror. I took a look at myself and I found out i looked so pale. There was lipstick there, so I took it and used it but the carriage slided to the right so my lipstick also slided to my right cheek. I couldn't take anymore of this so i fell asleep.

 

 



 

First chappie. Comment & Subscribe! 
14 subscribers just for foreword?? Love you all!! 
:* <3

-WooUShippers-