Chapter Three

What to do when you love the Idiot Next Door

If Suzy had hated her boss earlier, she was now thinking of a more passionate word to describe her. Hate alone was an understatement. And words like revulsion, detest and loathe were just merely synonyms that meant the same thing.

Her boss really lived up to her name – Godzilla, or so the workers there referred to her as. Just because Suzy was always late, Godzilla had placed Suzy on the black list, and just then, when Suzy broke one of the dishes, Godzilla had taken action and fired her. And of course, being the Suzy that she was, she had ‘quit’ her job rather than be fired.

“How dare you speak to me in that tone!” Screeched Godzilla.

“Why can’t I? You’re not my boss anymore,” Stated Suzy, a smirk playing on the edges of her lips.

“You little…”

Godzilla raised her hand to slap Suzy. Though Suzy was rude, she had her limits. If it were a student around her age, then yes, Suzy would’ve stopped her and given her a hard slap across the face. But her boss was probably 30 years older than her. Suzy bowed her head down and closed her eyes, ready for the impact of the hit, when she heard someone step in.

“You have no right to hit her; even if she is your employee,”

‘Ooh’s and ‘aah’s were heard amongst the crowd of onlookers, and Suzy swore she heard some girls squealing. Suzy looked up to find Jonghyun standing in between her and Godzilla, his hand on her boss’s and another holding onto her hand.

“And you are?” Godzilla asked, not taking her gaze off Suzy.

“You don’t need to know that,” He answered simply.

With a ‘humph’, Godzilla walked back into her den without another word. There was a round of applause for the heroic teenager, followed by whistles and shouts.

“Way to go, Jonghyun!” Shouted Key, hitting his friend across the back appreciatively.

Suzy just stood there, contemplating on whether or not she should thank him. It didn’t take her long to notice that his hand was still on hers.

“Let go,” She said coldly.

He let go of her hand, and without another word, walked out of the small café. His friends followed behind, shaking their heads in disapproval. It seemed as though everyone in the café were dissatisfied with the way she had shown her gratitude, not that she even showed any.

“What the hell are you all staring at?” Suzy snapped.

The crowd slowly dissolved and Suzy took off her apron, groaning internally. She needed the money so that she could pay off the bills. Today was the last day to pay, and she had no money. She had originally planned to ask Godzilla for money, but she blown her opportunity to do so. So now, Suzy had to think of a way to get the money.

As she walked out of the café, her foot tripped on something on the floor. She looked down and saw a wallet lying there. Picking it up and opening it, she saw that it belonged to Jonghyun. And damn, did he have a lot of cash. She really needed some money too. Without thinking, she took some cash out of the wallet. She took a napkin and a pen and wrote a note.

‘I’ll return the money ASAP. Sorry for taking it without telling you. ~Suzy~’

She shoved it into the wallet, and walked out of the cafe.

---

                “Finally, no more bills to pay!”

                Suzy stretched back on her bed. That was when she remembered that she had to return Jonghyun’s wallet. Sighing, she got up, and went to catch a cab.

                “Miss, where do you want to go?” Asked the driver.

                “Umm…” Suzy looked at the address on his ID card. “77 Wall Street.”

                It wasn’t long before they arrived. She paid the taxi driver and walked out. hung open as she caught a glimpse of the beautiful mansion in front of her. Every aspect of the house spelt ‘royalty’.

                Though, to her surprise, no one came and asked her who she was. They looked busy throwing luggage into cars. Suzy cleared awkwardly, and walked around the mass of maids, trying to find her way through to the main entrance of the house.

                “Young master, your parents don’t not want you. They just need some time to themselves-”

                “I don’t care,” Stated Jonghyun.

                Suzy sighed with relief, running up to him.

                “Jonghyun!” She shouted, trying to get his attention.

                He turned to his caller, surprised by her sudden appearance.

                “I came to give this back to you…” Suzy handed back his wallet. Jonghyun held his hand out as she placed it in his palm. “That’s it…”

                He stared at the wallet, then back at her questioningly.

                “Oh, you dropped it back at the café…I found it lying on the floor…” She explained.

                “Oh,” Was all that escaped his lips.

                Suzy nodded and walked off awkwardly. She had originally planned to tell him about taking some of his money, but then she already left a note.

                Jonghyun watched her leave. He had noticed his missing wallet, but he didn’t really care. It would just be another excuse to get another wallet.

                He opened his wallet, and to his surprise, a napkin fell out. He picked it up, noticing it was actually a note.

‘I’ll return the money ASAP. Sorry for taking it without telling you. ~Suzy~’

Actually, he wouldn’t have noticed that she had taken some money out if she hadn’t left him a note.

==========

---Saranghaeyo---