Chapter Two

What to do when you love the Idiot Next Door

“Oh crap, I’m so sorr-”

Onew felt himself stiffen when he stared at the now very angry Suzy. Her eyes seemed to be burning with overwhelming hatred, and that alone made him feel very uncomfortable. Yeah, he should’ve been scared of the girl, but when she had said his name, it caused some kind of mini heart attack in his body, sending his heart into frenzied beats. He didn’t know whether or not it was a good thing.

                “You just made me drop my lunch,” Suzy said through ground teeth, her hands balled into tight fists, causing her knuckles to go white and her veins to be visibly clearer.

                “I am so sorry, but you shouldn’t have been sitting here anyway. You should’ve been eating in the cafeteria,” Stated Onew matter-of-factly. Poor guy didn’t notice that what he was saying only drove Suzy over the edge.

                “I was sitting here first! So if there was anyone who needed to move, it should be you and your stupid gang!” Suzy had now lost all of her self-control, running totally on her anger.

                “Why are you so angry for?! I already said sorry; isn’t that enough?!”

By now, Onew had also lost his control, which didn’t consist of much anyway.

                “If you haven’t noticed, but my sandwich is now lying on the cold floor, meaning that I can’t eat it!” Suzy pointed at the small proportion of the sandwich.

                “What do you expect me to do about it? It was nearly finished anyway!” Onew shouted back, clearly not understanding how she felt.

                “That’s the point! It was nearly finished!”

                Onew raised his eyebrows in pure confusion.

                “The last bite of the sandwich is always the nicest!” Suzy felt as if she were speaking to some kind of idiot, which in some sense, she was.

                Everything was silent when a soft chuckle was heard in the background. Everyone turned and looked at who it came from.

                “Jonghyun, why are you laughing?” Key asked, hanging his arm lazily around Jonghyun’s shoulder.

                “How immature; fighting because of a sandwich. And I thought she was better than that.” Jonghyun just walked off after adding his comment.

                Suzy stood there, stunned to the core. It only took Jonghyun two sentences to put her in her place. He didn’t even give her a chance to argue her point, and he already sounded like the victor.

                “Umm, Suzy, are you alright?” Asked Tae-Yeon, nudging her a little.

                Suzy was not alright. As a matter of fact, Suzy was nowhere near ‘alright’. Her eye was twitching, as if she were holding back some kind of rude remark, and that was actually the case. She wanted so badly to swear at Jonghyun, but then she knew he would just call her immature.

                Stiffly, Suzy began to walk off, not saying another word.

                “Suzy, I am sorry for ruining your lunc-” Onew couldn’t even finish his sentence. He froze when Suzy turned around, glaring at him. It wasn’t just a normal glare, but one that sent chills down his spine.

                Onew looked the other way, trying to forget that Suzy was glaring directly at him. He cleared his throat and walked off, his friends trailing behind silently.

---

                “Bastards! They’re all ing bastards!” Suzy had been cursing the whole day, and even when she arrived home, she still couldn’t forget that morning’s incident.

                She went on her laptop, opening her online blog, entering a new blog post.

21 March 2011

Sunny

 

Don’t you ever feel as though you really want to punch someone? Do you ever get extremely annoyed at everything someone does?

Today was the day I met that ‘someone’. Just seeing his face was enough to drive me over the edge. What was worse was the fact that he just had to open his mouth to speak! No one would have called him a mute if he just kept his stupid mouth shut!

But why was it when he did speak that my heart seemed to skip a beat? Why did my palms start getting sweaty when he looked at me?

This is driving me crazy! All I know is that I HATE him! I don’t even want to think of his name! ><”

I should calm down before I do something stupid…It’s getting late anyways, I guess it’s time to go.

Signing off…

Suzy~

---

                “Bae Suji!”

                The sound of her raging mother woke Suzy up the next morning. With half-opened eyes, Suzy made her way out of bed and into her bathroom.

                “Suzy, you’re late for work!” Her mother screeched from downstairs.

                With a resigned sigh, Suzy quickly brushed her teeth and changed. A quick glance in the mirror said her hair was impossible, so she tied it into a neat ponytail. She smiled to herself in the mirror before she ran straight to work, skipping the breakfast her mother had prepared for her earlier.

---

                “Mmm…the coffee here is so good!” Enthused Minho as he gulfed down his cappuccino.

                “How come we’ve never been here before?” Asked Key, not even bothering to look up from the game he was playing on his phone.

                “Do you like the coffee here, Onew?” Taemin asked.

                “It’s nice, I guess.” Answered Onew, shrugging his shoulders. “What do you think, Jonghyun?”

                Without removing his eyes off of the book he was reading, Jonghyun reached out for his coffee, taking a quick sip.

                “I’ve tasted better,” Jonghyun answered.

                No one commented on Jonghyun’s lack of socialisation. They had been with him for too long to complain.

                “I heard the cake here is really good. Want to try some?” Minho asked, his lips as if he could taste the cake.

                “If you want,” Onew answered.

                Minho called the waitress.

                “Can I please get five serves of your strawber-”

                Before Minho could finish his order, a loud smash was heard from the kitchen.

                “YOU’RE FIRED!”

                Everyone in the café turned to the scene unfolding before them.

                “You’re not firing me; I QUIT!”

                Jonghyun, who hadn’t been paying attention to the shouts before, looked up after recognizing the familiar voice. Who else would it have been other than the ‘immature’ girl he had met yesterday? He tried to remember the name of the girl, but Onew beat him to it.

                “Suzy?”

==========

---Saranghaeyo---