When You're Gone

Our Story

I am here at the our favorite park, sitting in our favorite bench and looking at our favorite view. I'm wearing a sunday dress that he love the most. I begin to sob.

 

"Jiyong, how could you leave me? You told me that you love me. That you will never leave me but how could you leave me here, ALONE. You promised me that we will get married. Heck! You've just proposed to me last week! But how could you do this to me!?"

 

I bit my lower lip, heave a deep sigh and a tear fell in my eyes.

 

"I remember when we're still together. We've been together since college. You've been my knight in shining armour. You even fight for our love towards my parents. You told them that even though you don't have a big company or a big house like my fiance you will never leave me. That even they hide me in the US you will still find me. That even I have nothing to offer to you, you will still welcome me with open arms. Ji, even they didn't allow us to be together I eloped with you. Did you get fed-up? Did you get tired? That in a young age you are now working for our future? Ji, why did you leave me? You didn't even know that I am pregnant. Yes, I'm pregnant with your son. The moment you propose to me was the day I've gone to my doctor. She said that our son is 3 months old. Can you believe it? We made love even with our baby."

 

I chuckle with the thought.

 

"But Ji how could you leave me here alone. Alone with this responsibility. Alone with our baby. I don't want him to grow old without his appa. Ji, can you go back here? Can you go back in my arms? I promise that I will never be a brat to you. I will never complain with our house, with our food and with our lives. Just Ji, please come back to me."

 

My tears keeps on falling uncontrollably. I want to stop from crying but thinking that Ji left makes my heart felt a stabbing pain. How I wish I can take this pain away from me and away from my son. I carressed my growing belly.

 

"Ji, you told me that you want to have a son. Here he is now, in my belly. You'll be an appa now. So Ji, come back please. I talked to my parents THAT day, I told them I am pregnant and we're getting married. At first, they became furious about it. They told me things that hurt my feelings. They told me that you're just a gold digger. They told me that you only want my money and not me. I firmly told them that they were wrong that whatever they say it will never change the fact that I am pregnant and I'm going to be your wife. I didn't cry, you know that I don't cry. But now, why I feel like I need to cry."

 

I wipe my tears using the back of my hand. But still the tears keeps on falling. My sobs became louder this time.

 

"Ji, when I told to my parents those things they knew that I will never back down in our relationship. At last they approved to us."

 

I smile thinking how happy I am when I go back to our house THAT day.

 

"I was so happy that I cooked our dinner. You know how I in cooking but I did. I even did a pretty good dinner for us. I can't explain how excited I am to break those good news to you. I am so happy that time. I even smile to our neighbors even though I am not that kind of person. But Ji, how could you leave me. You didn't came back from work. The food that I cook became cold until my phone ring. It was your friend Youngbae. He told me everything that you did THAT day. I cried and cried, I know I have to go to that place but I can't stand from where I am sitting. I didn't even notice that Youngbae already hung up on me until I felt his presence beside me. Ji, why did you do that?! I told you to take care of yourself. I told you that I can't live my life once that you left me. And how do you expect me to live when you're already gone. I can accept if you're gone with some girls because I can hate you, I can move on. But I can't accept that you are gone permanently for I don't think that I can move on. Youngbae told me that you helped someone who is a victim of a snatcher. You run for that snatcher, Youngbae is with you. But before Bae get hold to the snatcher, the snatcher put his gun towards you and immidiately pull the trigger that cause your death. Ji, it's just a money. It can be replace but your life, your life can never be replace. Ji, you're always the calm one between us but why did you do those reckless move? Why?!"

 

This is the last day of Jiyong's wake but I am here at the park. In the wake I didn't cry or shed a tear. I just stare at his picture asking so many questions that can never be answered anymore. But here in the park I can cry alone, I can express everything cause I know Ji is here with me.

 

A gust of wind pass through me, the moment I feel the wind envelope me, I closed my eyes.

"I love you Dara. I'll always be here with you and our son. Live for me, for our son. Don't do reckless things like what I did. Love again. Love someone who will love our son like his. Dara give my name to our son. I want you to call her JIYONG" I open my eyes just to see that I am alone.

"Ji! Please for the last time I want to see you! Please Ji! I really want to see you! I'll grant your request in one condition, please I want to see you" I shout while crying. I know that I am not hallucinating, I heard Ji. I know he's here.

 

I saw a white image standing beside the bench when I look at it, I saw Ji smiling at me. I stand from where I am sitting and face him.

"I love you Dara" he said. I cried again, he only smile at me.

"You'll always be here right?" He nodded. "You will never get jealous if I found someone new?" He chuckled without sound, I smiled at him. How I miss those gestures. "Ji, our son Jiyong will be like you. I promise"

"Goodbye Dara. Take good care of yourself and our baby" I nod to him.

"Goodbye Ji" with that he vanished. I sit in the bench and look again to our favorite view.

 

"Jiyong! I love you! Wait for me wherever you are! Even though I will find someone who will love me. I know deep inside my heart you'll always be the most special one! I missed you" A wind carressed my face. While I choke the last sentence I said.

 

Ji, I know we will meet again. And even if I grow old without you by my side. I still have our baby, MY BABY JIYONG.

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Waah I did this fic in just 2 hours! Woah! I even cried while writing this fic..