Trapped In An Elevator

Idol Scare Tactics

                Run by MBLAQ begins to play out of your TV speakers. Cute cartoon images of horror movie villains and monsters appear and they start running around destroying things and trying to attack each other. The Idol Scare Tactics logo stamps on the screen startling them all. A familiar deep voice begins speaking. “Can you survive? The first show to make idols hearts race is back for season 2! If you have a weak heart or care about the dignity of your idols, please change the channel now.”

                The little cartoon villains are looking around for the voice when suddenly a giant monitor falls down from the top of the screen. The monsters start investigating it as a Silhouette of a girl appears on it. The voice continues speaking. “All the way from America,” the little werewolf started chewing on the side of the monitor as some of the other monsters sat down like they were watching the screen. “Her small stature and cute face no longer tricks us. She is a master of scaring your favorite idols.” The silhouette gets its color. “Our first host is June!”

                The monitor blows up, sending the little werewolf flying off screen and singeing the ones watching the screen. The little Frankenstein fell over onto his back as the vampire turned to dust. Another monitor falls down from the top of the screen, this time with a male silhouette on it. The deep voice continues talking as the little monsters look confused again. “Our second host, being a former Victim of our first season with a long list of credentials, including acting in Hollywood and being an idol singer.” The little monsters got really excited as the voice continued and the silhouette got its color. “Our second host is Lee Joon!!”

                The monsters see a countdown on the screen starting from 5 and all start scrambling away as the song sings the “You better run!” part. The countdown ends and the monitor explodes like the first one, sending the Idol Scare Tactics logo into the glass of your screen.

                The glass cracks and falls away and shows the two hosts sitting on a long couch on a studio set. June smiled at the camera. “Welcome to Idol Scare Tactics, the only show that gets paid to scare your favorite celebrities!” Joon was grinning as he read his lines. “I am so excited about today’s show! Not only did we get to prank a legendary group, but they are here as our guests too!”

                The hosts stood up as the camera zoomed out and five men walked onto the set. June was standing between the guests and her co-host as she spoke “We have g.o.d in the studio today!” She looked over at them as they were all waving at the camera. Danny Ahn was standing closest to her. “Thank you guys for having us.” He looked down at the shorter female host as she spoke again, a bit flustered. “I understand that this is the only TV promotion you guys will be doing for your Saturday Night comeback, which is from your 15th anniversary album?”

                The men all nodded. Park Joonhyung laughed “You seem to be a bit flustered June. I didn’t think you would have known who we were before you pranked us.” June blushed a bit and nodded. “Of course I knew of you.” Lee Joon laughed and elbowed her lightly on her side. “During research for this episode, she went on a crash course of learning all about you.” Everyone on set burst out laughing.

                Danny looked at the girl host. “So we heard you are from America, what state are you from?” She smiled “I’m from Washington state.” Danny looked all excited. “I’m from Seattle!” They high fived as the five men sat down on the couch, Lee Joon sat on a newly added chair to the left side of the couch as June sat on the couch between Danny and the side closest to her cohost. Yoon Kyesang leaned forwards. “If you took a crash course on us then which one of us ended up being your favorite member?” She laughed and covered part of her face with her cue cards. “Son Hoyoung-sunbaenim…” she mumbled behind the cards.

                Hoyoung was sitting on the other side of Danny. Danny suddenly stood up and pushed him closer to her, switching places with him, pretending to be offended. Hoyoung and June both were blushing and laughing awkwardly. He caused everyone to laugh by finally speaking “You can call me Hoyoung-oppa.” He said as he shook her hand. Joon suddenly stood up and moved June to the chair and took her spot next to the g.o.d members laughing. “This show isn’t about you collecting oppas! Should we go to the clip of the prank?”

                June laughed as she sat in the chair. “Sorry, Joon-oppa gets easily jealous.” Lee Joon laughed and hid his head on the side of the couch in defeat as Hoyoung patted his back to comfort him. Kim Taewoo laughed at Joon. “My wife and I love this show and we have noticed that June has a type. She likes the attractive but dumb ones.”

                Everyone laughed except for Hoyoung who hid his face. Lee Joon looked at his cohost. “That’s not a very good type June-ssi.” She looked down at her cards and nodded with an innocent smile. “Yeah I know, Joon-oppa is my type too.” Joon and Hoyoung suddenly hugged each other, pretending to cry as the rest of the men laughed.

                June looked at the camera. “Well, let’s move on to the prank! We had taken the members of g.o.d and put them into a scary situation.” She looked over at the couch of men. “So should we all watch what happened?” The men all turned to watch the screen behind the couch.

                The camera zoomed in on the screen before it went full screen. The two hosts were standing in front of the usual console with monitors and a control panel on it. June waved at the camera. “We have very special victims today. They are the legendary g.o.d!” Joon nodded. “Surprisingly they got set up by Kim Taewoo’s wife who says she is a big fan of the show. Unfortunately she couldn’t be here today.” He turned to face June. “Will you please tell us what is in store for them as we wait for them to fall into our trap?” She nodded and made a box shape with her hands. “We are going to take the five of them and then trap them in an elevator! It will suddenly stop working and then the situation starts!”

                Joon laughed “I hate it when I’m in an elevator that just sounds like it will stop. Luckily I’ve never had one stop on me before.” The staff suddenly motioned for the two of them to hurry up. The camera followed them behind the console. June put her headphones on and looked excitedly at one of the screens. “Oooh! Our staff member is leading them to the rigged elevator.”

                The camera changed to security camera footage of the five men getting into the elevator without the staff member. “Here we go!” Joon said as he put his headphones on as well. June grabbed a walkie-talkie and spoke into it. “Now!” A small screen popped up on the bottom, showing one of the buildings maintenance people stopping the elevator properly. Joon pointed at the camera. “Always have professionals do things that could be dangerous.”

                The camera inside the elevator went full screen. There was a bench attached to one side of the large elevator that just looked like a metal mesh box with cushions on it. The members felt the elevator stop and Joonhyung, who was closest to the buttons, immediately started pushing the button for their floor again, then pressed the one to open the doors. None of them were working.

                Joon voice came out over the video. “They aren’t scared yet. They just think that something is keeping the door shut. June-ssi, why don’t you tell us more about what you have in store for them?”

                The members started pulling out their phones. A small screen showing the hosts popped up on the bottom as June pressed a button. “There is a cellphone jammer on top of the elevator with some of our other goodies. So they won’t be able to call for help from their phones. Also for today only, all Wi-Fi in this building has been turned off. We are using the security cameras instead of our own hidden cameras for this episode.”

                Joonhyung was still pressing all the buttons on the elevator as the other members were trying to find signal for their phones. Hoyoung was standing on the bench pressing his phone against the top of the elevator. “There’s no signal or Wi-Fi here!” he said as he sat down on the bench. Kyesang sat down next to him. “They should be getting us soon. They know we are in the elevator.” The members all nodded in agreement. Danny sat down on the floor and sighed. “At least the AC still works in here.”

                Lee Joon looked over at June. “Should we do something about that AC?” June laughed and nodded. “Let’s shut that off too!” she said as she pushed another button.

                The men in the elevator heard the AC turn off and it started heating up already. Hoyoung and Kyesang both just glared at Danny. Taewoo was helping Joonhyung try to open the emergency phone panel.

                Joon laughed a bit “We sealed a section of the phone door with gum. It can be opened but it will take quite a bit to get it.” June spoke up. “Should we change the lights now?” She pressed another button and the white florescent lights turned off and the emergency red lights came on.

                The men in the elevator immediately stopped moving and talking. Danny broke the silence. “Well that’s not good…” Kyesang looked over at him “You think?” Joonhyung groaned “Why won’t this panel open?!”

                June sighed. “It seems to be a bit too quiet in that elevator don’t you think Joon-oppa?” He laughed “I agree. Let’s start the sounds. We have added a speaker on the top of the elevator and one inside that bench that will play scratching sounds as if a rat was trying to get inside.”

                Suddenly the speaker on top of the elevator started to play scratching and chattering noises just loud enough for the men inside to hear. All five of them looked up at the ceiling. Kyesang whispered “What was that…” Taewoo shushed him as he tried to hear it better. Joonhyung sighed “Probably just a rat.” Hoyoung, Danny and Kyesang all made a disgusted face at the same time.

                June pressed another button.

                The speaker inside the bench started playing the same sound effects as well. Hoyoung and Kyesang immediately jumped off of the bench to the other side of the elevator. Danny stood up and stared at the bench. “You don’t think they can get in do you?” Taewoo shook his head. “Don’t be ridiculous. It would take a really long time to chew through the metal of an elevator.”

                The sounds stopped from both speakers at the same time, sending the elevator into silence again.

                Joonhyung finally pried the phone panel open and groaned. He pulled the phone out of its compartment and the wire appeared to have been chewed through by rats. “What kind of elevator is this?” Taewoo complained as he wiped his forehead. It was getting warmer in the elevator, especially with all five of them on the same side afraid rats were inside the bench.

                A small screen opened up on the bottom again. Joon looked over at June. “Is that all that we have for them?” June shook her head. “Nope! That bench also has a panel on the side of the elevator that the elevator maintenance man is waiting behind. He is ready to release these inside the bench.” June smiled at her cohost. “I’m sure that you are very familiar with these stink bombs? I got the idea from the MBLAQ variety show you did.” Joon scooted away a bit. “I am familiar with those. Let’s give the signal?”

                The speaker inside the bench started playing the scratching sounds again. The men all stared at it. Danny scooted closer to Joonhyung. “Those rats seem to be getting louder…” Suddenly there was a squeak from the bench.

                The maintenance man heard his cue and tossed in a stink bomb.

                The men heard the pop and then the smell started radiating through the small space. Kyesang covered his nose. “Oh great! Now we are trapped with a dead rat!” Hoyoung pulled his shirt over his nose. Taewoo seemed to be the only one not affected by the smell, but the heat was getting to him.

                Danny started pounding on the elevator doors. “HEY!!! SOMEONE HELP US!!! WE ARE TRAPPED WITH A DEAD THING!! IT SMELLS!!”

                June and Joon were laughing a bit. She pressed the button again and then the maintenance man tossed another two inside.

                The g.o.d members heard the two pops and then could smell it getting worse. Joonhyung was covering his face. “I think it’s getting cooked in there…” Taewoo fanned himself and loosened up his tie. “I’m getting cooked in here. It’s really warm.” Kyesang started pounding on the door with Danny. “GET US OUT!!” he yelled with him.

                June looked over at her cohost, “Should we add some more?” Joon laughed and nodded. “Maybe a few more.” They gave the signal to the maintenance man again. He sent in three more.

                The trapped men heard the three pops. Hoyoung covered his face with his shirt and his hand and crouched down, hoping to get below the smell. Taewoo sat down on the ground next to him. “It’s getting way too hot in here!” He said fanning himself. Hoyoung nodded. “The smell is getting worse too!” Joonhyung stopped for a while, thinking as Danny and Kyesang kept pounding on the door and calling for help. The rat noises stopped.

                After a few minutes, Joonhyung sat down next to Taewoo. “The only thing we can do now is wait to be rescued.” The video feed started fast forwarding, showing the men shuffling around and periodically trying to check their phones and pounding on the doors. Half an hour passed on the clock.

                The video went back to normal speed as the screen with the hosts popped back up. June smiled. “Do you think we let them sit there long enough?” Lee Joon nodded. “Let’s start the next part now that they are getting tired, hot and frustrated.” She pressed another button.

                The g.o.d members started hearing creaking noises coming from the top of the elevator. Taewoo looked up at the ceiling, sweating. “Did you hear that?” Joonhyung wiped his forehead as he looked up. “Is the elevator settling?” Danny was lying down on the floor. He opened his eyes and stared at top of the elevator. “Is that them fixing it?” Kyesang had his back against the elevator doors and he reached above his head and hit it a few times. “IN HERE!” he yelled tiredly.

                June hit the rat noise button again for the speaker under the bench.

                Kyesang jumped slightly and scooted closer to Joonhyung’s legs as Danny immediately got off the floor and tried to sit on top of Hoyoung, who pushed him off. The creaking noises got louder. It sounded like the cables were stretching to their limits. Danny stood up. “You don’t think the rats are biting the cables do you??!” He said wiping his forehead of sweat.

                Joon grabbed the box of buttons from June. “I think it’s time for our secret weapon!” June laughed and nodded. “We have rigged the elevator like a theme park ride. We can make it shake and move at our will. This is what was happening during the half hour we made them sit in there.” Joon pushed a button.

                There was a sound of a metal cable snapping. The elevator suddenly went down a foot, knocking Danny over onto the other sitting members, all of them screamed.

                June’s voice played over the video. “Don’t worry, they are perfectly safe and everything is being controlled by trained professionals. Not me or Joon-oppa.”

                All the members of g.o.d suddenly stood up and started pounding on the door except for Taewoo, who was frantically trying to text.

                June looked over at Joon. “Should we go save them now?” She asked as they watched Joonhyung and Kyesang start trying to pry the doors open. “Let’s do this!” Joon said as he took off his headphones. June pushed the final button as they left the room with the console.

                Back inside the elevator, the speakers stopped playing sounds and the red lights turned off, going back to the normal fluorescent light. The g.o.d members suddenly stopped what they were doing and froze. The elevator doors opened and Joon and June were standing there with the camera crew.

                Lee Joon grinned at them “Were you scared?” Danny and Kyesang immediately ran out of the elevator and stood in front of the window, pressing themselves against the cold glass. Hoyoung was so relieved that he hugged the closest person to him outside the elevator, June. Taewoo came out of the elevator with Joonhyung. Joon kept talking since June was still being hugged by Hoyoung. “Taewoo-hyung, your wife has set you up to be on Idol Scare Tactics!” The members of g.o.d finally started composing themselves with some awkward laughter.

                The camera zoomed back out, showing the monitor on set, then continued zooming out to show the hosts and guests sitting on the set. June laughed a bit. “I’m really sorry about this week’s prank. I made it a bit too much so we weren’t able to get a lot of funny footage.” Joon reached out and patted her knee. “It’s alright. It was bound to happen eventually.” He looked down the couch to Taewoo. “So, Taewoo-hyung, who were you texting in the elevator, even though we had cut off reception?”

                Taewoo sighed and rubbed the back of his neck. “My wife, but after you told me she set us up, I had something much different to tell her.” Everyone laughed and Joonhyung put his arm around his shoulders. “We all wanted to have a word with his wife after that day.” June suddenly stood up and bowed to the camera, at 90 degrees. “Mrs. Kim Taewoo’s wife, I am very sorry for getting you in trouble with your husband and his friends.” Her formal apology got laughter from the set as she sat back down.

                Lee Joon looked over at June. “So, is that hug from Hoyoung-hyung the reason he became your favorite member June-ssi?” She suddenly fanned herself with her cue cards and looked up at the ceiling. “No comment.” She mumbled, getting even more laughter from the members of g.o.d. Hoyoung blushed and looked away from her. Danny grinned. “Hoyoung, why did you hug her anyways?”

                He leaned forwards and grabbed his cup of water from the table and took a drink awkwardly, getting even more laughter from the guys. He suddenly cleared his throat. “I umm… I thought I was going to die, but then the doors opened. I probably would have hugged anyone who was closest to the door when it opened.” June suddenly stopped fanning herself as the laughter died down. “Ah, I see.” She smiled over at the men on the couch. “Danny-oppa! Do you want to be my new favorite member now?”

                Everyone burst out laughing again as Danny winked at her. She kept talking. “So, Joonhyung-oppa, you were able to stay very calm up until the end in the elevator. Weren’t you scared?” The leader of g.o.d nodded. “I was pretty scared but I had to be brave as the leader. Plus, I knew we would be rescued eventually. The staff was expecting us to show up, so it wasn’t like no one knew where we were.” Lee Joon nodded. “That is true. The good thing about being famous is that in situations like this, you always know that someone is aware of where you are.”

                Kyesang suddenly spoke up. “Were the stink bombs really necessary? Those were horrible!” June laughed. “We expected bigger reactions from those…” The men all nodded. Joon looked over at Taewoo. “Taewoo-hyung, you didn’t react to the stink bombs like everyone else did. Why is that? Did you have a cold?” He laughed and shook his head. “Having a child really makes you used to different smells. I have smelled worse.”

                June laughed with the others as she asked the final question. “So, how did you guys feel like being on our show?” Joonhyung sighed and smiled. “I much prefer being here on set than being the victim.” Lee Joon laughed and nodded. “I know how you feel! I’m still scared to come into work.” June pretended to pout.

                Joon continued speaking. “Well, that’s all the time we have for today’s show! Would you guys like to close out the show for us?” The camera zoomed in to only show the g.o.d members. Joonhyung looked at the camera directly. “We are g.o.d and you are watching Idol Scare Tactics!” The other members smiled and waved as the credits started to scroll past them.

                The camera zoomed out and showed the members of g.o.d saying goodbye to the hosts as the Idol Scare Tactics logo embedded itself into the glass and breaking away.